DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

How far down the NATO phonetic alphabet will TPTB get with this 'variant' bollocks?

Jonty Willis the Third

Jonty Willis the Third

It would appear that the cunts that poke their oversized noises (not a Jew reference) into our lives have decided in their wisdom, to stop naming variants after countries, because that would be racist (apparently). Now the variants appear to be named on the basis of the NATO phonetic alphabet. We are currently on Delta, so how far down the alphabet do the esteemed contributors on here think we will get? Or will the whole alphabet be exhausted by this time next year (or sooner)?

Answers on a postcard please.

XswampyX

India. Twice! Nevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverever going to happen.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Jonty Willis the Third
Just now, whitevanman said:

The Zulu variant might ruffle a few feathers

They'll be thousands of em', infectin' everyone.

Jonty Willis the Third
4 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

India. Twice! Nevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverevereverever going to happen.

Eh?

Jonty Willis the Third
2 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

It comes after Hotel...?

I got the India bit all right. The rest made my alcohol infused brain spin even more than usual on a school night.

XswampyX
2 minutes ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

I got the India bit all right. The rest made my alcohol infused brain spin even more than usual on a school night.

Edit to add :- You tube is fucking beyond useless. You can't post anything on it and you can't post anything on it.

What's the fucking POINT YOU CUNTS!

Edited by XswampyX
  • Agree 1

Jonty Willis the Third
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Edit to add :- You tube is fucking beyond useless. You can't post anything on it and you can't post anything on it.

Google clearly paid well over the odds for YouTube, as every single video you view is accompanied by two adverts in a desperate bid to maximise ad revenue. I wonder if the super-smart tech oligarchs are even close to breaking even on that particular venture.

Edited by Jonty Willis the Third
  • Agree 1

XswampyX
1 minute ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

Google clearly paid well over the odds for YouTube, as every single video you view is accompanied by two adverts. I wonder if the super-smart tech oligarchs are even close to breaking even on that particular venture.

I get your drift, but if you are asking. Do the owners of the 'largest video steaming service in the whole world' get fair value?

Well....xD

The Grey Man
31 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Post it on whats app to a blank account or anyone who dosent use.

Then copy from there. Wife and kids are my victims for this.

Sure theres other ways but this does for moi.

The Grey Man
59 minutes ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

It would appear that the cunts that poke their oversized noises (not a Jew reference) into our lives have decided in their wisdom, to stop naming variants after countries, because that would be racist (apparently). Now the variants appear to be named on the basis of the NATO phonetic alphabet. We are currently on Delta, so how far down the alphabet do the esteemed contributors on here think we will get? Or will the whole alphabet be exhausted by this time next year (or sooner)?

I think they will be on double moves in the not too distant future, alpha bravo, out.

Hail the Tripod
8 hours ago, Jonty Willis the Third said:

They aren’t using NATO phonetic alphabet, they are using the classical Greek alphabet: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon…

Over time it may subdivide in a tree structure like flu (e.g. H1N1), so a particular variant might be Gamma3Rho9. Or they’ll just get bored and lump them all in as “common cold”, like we do with the other 4.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Rare Bear
12 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

They aren’t using NATO phonetic alphabet, they are using the classical Greek alphabet: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon…

Over time it may subdivide in a tree structure like flu (e.g. H1N1), so a particular variant might be Gamma3Rho9. Or they’ll just get bored and lump them all in as “common cold”, like we do with the other 4.

That's what I was going to say, seemed like the Greek alphabet.