DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

So how has Covid 19 been for you?

humdrum

humdrum

To be honest, this Covid lark has not made a lot of odds to me.

Admittedly, I am in a pretty easy position. I am retired so the government pays me to stay alive. Not much, but then again, the work is easy and I can set my own hours.

I have a couple of small side lines. Books on the internet. Mile long queues at the post office. But then there are always mile long queues at the local post office. A bit of private tutoring. Mrs Patel, Begum, Cohen and Smith could not give a toss about Covid 19 or the Black Death, just as long as I manage to hammer some maths into their kids' heads. Restaurants and pubs are desperate for custom and even keener to have some jobsworth asking for my name and mobile number so they can go shove it. I eat and drink at home so save money. Sainbury's had a a dim witted numbnuts counting them in and counting them out and then discovering that the Argentine airforce had shot down half the customers. So now I get the stuff delivered from Asda which is cheaper and more convenient.

About the only minus I have experienced so far is from one of my neighbours. The poor sod is a hypochondriac's hypochondriac who is believes all this stuff about the Peking Pox and who expects to die horribly at any moment. The idea that if aspirin, brandy and self pity don't cure something then you are probably dead anyway, just isn't part of the poor bugger's canon.

So one way and another, this flu business has been quite easy and mildly advantageous. How about everyone else?

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 3

stop_the_craziness

Sings: "I've had the time of my life.............."

It's still the biggest disgrace in living history though; I just got lucky with my circumstances.  I'd sooner it hadn't happened and stopped now, despite the benefits I've got from it.

• Agree 4

Wight Flight

Down a couple of hundred £K, and missed out on some of the best events of my kids' lives.

Apart from that all is fine and dandy.

• Agree 5

Covid 19? Completed it mate

Everything else that's gone along with the pandemic that never was?  I've never felt this devoid of hope or optimism 

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Loki said:

I've never felt this devoid of hope or optimism 

Get yourself to the Qanon thread. The Calvary is on the way...

Any minute now. :Old:

Edited by tlc
  • Lol 3

Wight Flight
20 minutes ago, dgul said:

Business has been dismal.  Massive decrease in turnover and no government support.

Yep. And the big question is how much of it will ever come back?

And I really wish the fucktards in the media would stop saying that furlough is a business support measure. It isn't.

• Agree 7

sarahbell

Not been on a train since March last year. 
Have got the pub grub replacement cooked at home meal down to a fine art (including someone else cooking it)

• Cheers 2

Hancock
2 hours ago, humdrum said:

So one way and another, this flu business has been quite easy and mildly advantageous. How about everyone else?

Hated Boris and the commie Tory party prior to this,  hate them much much more now.

Its been crap and its doing my nut in ... but i have met someone at the place i work who is the biggest covid conspiracy theorist ever to walk the planet, and he isnt shy in calling whats gone on as a complete load of bollocks.

Like me, he is triffic!

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Not been on a train since March last year. 
Have got the pub grub replacement cooked at home meal down to a fine art (including someone else cooking it)

Ordering beer from a brewery and drinking out by the river has been an eye opener, as a pub replacement. :)

I'm still amazed how much trust people have in media and government.

• Agree 4

Hancock
Just now, Stuey said:

Yes, it frightening ... i made comment about the govt are claiming flu is going to be rampant this coming winter ... instead of saying yes they care full of shit .. he told me its because not many people caught it last year.

I  despair.

JoeDavola

I'd whinge about the financial and personal costs of the last 19 months to me but I've done that before.

What I will say is that my biggest concern isn't actually what's happend; it's that I don't think it's ending soon. I think too many industries have sprung up around this (at the cost of others) and they will never let it go.

I actually wish I agreed with the mainstream and had my jab and wasn't having to wrestle with being against the majority opinion here.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Democorruptcy
33 minutes ago, Stuey said:

#metoo

spacer.png

• Lol 1

Chewing Grass
3 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

#metoo

spacer.png

How can you beat a variant, its a variant for a reason, it has evolved.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

PrincessDrac

Didn't particularly like people prior to this shit show.

The sight of a blue muzzle turns my stomach.

This sounds twisted. But I'd rather this go on until we see people snap, break, twist and buckle. Then and only then will we see some form of resistance. I'd happily join to create civil disobedience and disruption wherever possible.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1

32 minutes ago, PrincessDrac said:

The sight of a blue muzzle turns my stomach.

Yeah, how did those blue things get so prevalent?

They just look really really shit.