DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Double jabbed and covid cases

sarahbell

The Masked Tulip

I am noticing lots of OCD behaviour in quite a few of my neighbours. Gardening seems to have become obsessive to them. The cutting of their lawns seems to be several times per week. To be frank, it is driving me nuts as the lawn-mowers, strimmers, etc, are almost constant.

It is as if they cannot sit still and need to be doing something. Or they have just become obsessed with the perfect lawn, the perfect flower-bed, etc.

I mention this as it reminds me of behaviour that I have seen in the early stages of dementia.

Of course, it may be that the rest of their lives are curtailed so the gardening and the car washing has taken on a new religion for them. Something just does not seem right though.

• Informative 4

VeryMeanReversion
3 hours ago, dgul said:

Is this indicative of the covid virus going into a dormant state in some people after the initial disease, waiting for the moment to reactivate and become infectious, as suggested by the Hope-Simpson model of disease transmission?

Probably eaten too many doughnuts, as suggested by the Homer-Simpson model.

• Lol 1

Bus Stop Boxer

My near neighbour is a jobbing all rounder nurse at the local cottage hospital.

She was one of the first people to give me a hug when my mum died in said ozzie 17 years ago.

Someone who i have a fair bit of time for, and there aren't many in this town believe me.

Always quite forthright and energetic.

Saw her 2 nights ago over her fence.

Looks wasted shrunken and ill and diminished. Quite shocking to see.

Told me she'd been signed off but was now back at work. I did not press.

• Informative 6

stop_the_craziness
6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am noticing lots of OCD behaviour in quite a few of my neighbours. Gardening seems to have become obsessive to them. The cutting of their lawns seems to be several times per week. To be frank, it is driving me nuts as the lawn-mowers, strimmers, etc, are almost constant.

It is as if they cannot sit still and need to be doing something. Or they have just become obsessed with the perfect lawn, the perfect flower-bed, etc.

I mention this as it reminds me of behaviour that I have seen in the early stages of dementia.

Of course, it may be that the rest of their lives are curtailed so the gardening and the car washing has taken on a new religion for them. Something just does not seem right though.

I understand this as I do it myself.  Fixate on something achievable, make it important and work towards it so that I can block out the wider picture of things that I can't alter or influence.  I used to really admire the single-minded dedication of sportspeople but now I realise that most of them are just doing it to avoid falling down the screaming void of human existence.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2

What Gods gift of 'Free Will' has really done for us is that we look down on Bonobo monkeys. They have great social adhesion because all their females keep putting out to maintain that social adhesion. Human females value results after conflict rather than value no conflict.

Long term, the human females are right. We got to the top of the food chain because Jane played hard to get and Tarzan had to make more of an effort.

In the short term, short term being the space of a humans life span, men done messed up.

Option 1) All men get laid a lot, then they die. No social or technical advances.

Option 2) Only a few men get laid a lot and the rest keep trying. Empires get built. Society advances and so does technology.

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, jm51 said:

What Gods gift of 'Free Will' has really done for us is that we look down on Bonobo monkeys. They have great social adhesion because all their females keep putting out to maintain that social adhesion. Human females value results after conflict rather than value no conflict.

Long term, the human females are right. We got to the top of the food chain because Jane played hard to get and Tarzan had to make more of an effort.

In the short term, short term being the space of a humans life span, men done messed up.

Option 1) All men get laid a lot, then they die. No social or technical advances.

Option 2) Only a few men get laid a lot and the rest keep trying. Empires get built. Society advances and so does technology.

Option 3) she shits herself in the restaurant and you tell your mates.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 5

1 hour ago, jm51 said:

Don't the males have huge plums in order to shoot gallons to out-compete the next or previous few gallons.

What a waste of zinc..

• Lol 1

ashestoashes
4 hours ago, jm51 said:

only the last 60 years that marriages haven't been arranged in the West rather than a transaction between 2 families to further their power

Edited by ashestoashes

Arranged marriages are starting to make a comeback with westernised young Indians. They see love marriages fail more often than arranged marriages and ask their parents to find them a spouse.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

10 hours ago, jm51 said:

Arranged marriages are starting to make a comeback with westernised young Indians. They see love marriages fail more often than arranged marriages and ask their parents to find them a spouse.

arranged marriages make excellent sense as long as the community exists to support couples through the tough times AND punishes bad behaviours by the males.  

Indian communities, especially Sikh, do both in my experience.  Muslim communities do the first but not the second (so domestic abuse can be rife).  Hindu - not sure, would guess closer to Sikh than Muslim in terms of enforcement.

white couples?  forget it.  Arranged marriage, woman gets itchy cunt syndrome, shags about, courts will give her everything, community full of 'go girl' posts.

Edited by wherebee
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Lightscribe
On 07/09/2021 at 11:39, The Masked Tulip said:

They’ve been switched ‘on’ xD

• Informative 1

ashestoashes
40 minutes ago, wherebee said:

arranged marriages make excellent sense as long as the community exists to support couples through the tough times AND punishes bad behaviours by the males.  

Indian communities, especially Sikh, do both in my experience.  Muslim communities do the first but not the second (so domestic abuse can be rife).  Hindu - not sure, would guess closer to Sikh than Muslim in terms of enforcement.

white couples?  forget it.  Arranged marriage, woman gets itchy cunt syndrome, shags about, courts will give her everything, community full of 'go girl' posts.

that's false about muslim domestic violence, mo said not to beat your wife too badly

• Informative 1
  • Lol 4

I worked with a muzzer in the early 80s. In public, his wife did all the walk one step behind stuff. In private, she ruled the roost. She wouldn't tell him what she wanted him to do, he had to guess. Woe betide him if he guessed wrong.

• Lol 2

1 minute ago, jm51 said:

I worked with a muzzer in the early 80s. In public, his wife did all the walk one step behind stuff. In private, she ruled the roost. She wouldn't tell him what she wanted him to do, he had to guess. Woe betide him if he guessed wrong.

Er...and? 

8 hours ago, jm51 said:

She beat herself black and blue and buried herself under the patio?