• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Weird, wonderful and plain freaky

_85456544_mike_headless_getty976.jpg

Seventy years ago, a farmer beheaded a chicken in Colorado, and it refused to die. Mike, as the bird became known, survived for 18 months and became famous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34198390

What's the difference between Mike the headless chicken and a typical politician?

Once his fame had been established, Mike began a career of touring sideshows in the company of such other creatures as a two-headed baby. He was also photographed for dozens of magazines and papers, and was featured in Time and Life magazines. Mike was put on display to the public for an admission cost of 25 cents. At the height of his popularity, the chicken's owner earned US$4,500 per month ($48,300 today).

Heard this one before. It would have lived for longer than 18 months but it choked on some food. The owner was in the same room but didn't notice until it was too late.

Just read the article - they couldn't find their syringe to suck the mucus from it's throat 🤢

Edited by OurDayWillCome

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

A wise move.

Or possibly read the books again. Maybe the next one will be out when I finish this time....

Just now, Reebo said:

Or possibly read the books again. Maybe the next one will be out when I finish this time....

I only saw it for the first time at Christmas. Became an addict after that. Have watched the series half a dozen times since.

I love the completely uncorrect political correctness - i.e. no political correctness whatsoever. Oddly, all the fem-nazis I know hate it - wonder why.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I only saw it for the first time at Christmas. Became an addict after that. Have watched the series half a dozen times since.

I love the completely uncorrect political correctness - i.e. no political correctness whatsoever. Oddly, all the fem-nazis I know hate it - wonder why.

You know when the first episode has dwarfs and prostitutes you're on for a binge watching session :D