DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Saving lives - that's the most important thing, right? :-)

swiss_democracy_for_all

swiss_democracy_for_all

So, the UK and a lot of the world is in the process of moving to enforced vaccinations.

Here's the next step, and one that would probably save more lives. :P

All fat people to have one of these fitted until they reach a healthy weight, by force if necessary......

:D

(My apologies, but the Inquisition-type nature of this thing made me chuckle)

https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/dentalslim-weight-loss-lock-mouth-shut/

DentalSlim weight-loss device literally locks your mouth shut

Silicone-based cheek protectors stop the DentalSlim device from cutting patients' mouths

Silicone-based cheek protectors stop the DentalSlim device from cutting patients' mouths
University of Otago
VIEW 3 IMAGES

UK and University of Otago researchers have presented a "world-first weight loss device," which attaches to the teeth and prevents patients from opening their mouths wider than 2 mm using "magnetic devices and custom-manufactured locking bolts."

The researchers say this medieval-sounding machine, which is fixed to the first molars with orthodontic cement by a dentist, doesn't restrict breathing or speech, but holds people to a liquid diet.

In a study published in the British Dental Journal, seven healthy, obese participants wore the devices for 14 days. They were given a commercially-available liquid diet to follow, giving them 1,200 kcal of energy per day. The mean weight loss over this period was 6.36 kg (14 lb).

The jaw-lock device appears to have been conceived as a less invasive, less dangerous and more humane way to achieve what doctors were going for in the 1980s when some obese patients had their jaws surgically wired shut – a practice that left people at serious risk of choking if they vomited.

To avoid that possibility, the DentalSlim Diet Control comes with an emergency unlocking tool for users to carry with them at all times. No participant in the study reported having used this key, although one patient admitted to "cheating" by sneaking in some melted chocolate and fizzy drinks.

The DentalSlim Diet Control device uses locking bolts to prevent wearers from opening their mouths more than 2 mm

The DentalSlim Diet Control device uses locking bolts to prevent wearers from opening their mouths more than 2 mm

University of Otago

"The main barrier for people for successful weight loss is compliance," says University of Otago Health Sciences Pro-Vice-Chancellor Professor Paul Brunton, lead researcher on this project. "This helps them establish new habits, allowing them to comply with a low-calorie diet for a period of time. It really kick-starts the process. It is a non-invasive, reversible, economical and attractive alternative to surgical procedures. The fact is, there are no adverse consequences with this device."

"It’s hard yards" says Brunton. "Patients who really want to do this have to be committed. But for those people who are really struggling – and let’s face it, that’s millions of people across the world – this is a way of getting them back into normal lifestyle diet habits by really pump priming the process."

• Informative 1

Maybe they couldn't get the prototypes that were based on what happened to Keanu Reeves in The Matrix to work properly.

I can't wait to see their next invention - one-way valves for women who can't stop having kids? Blurred glasses for people who can't stop playing video games?

• Agree 1

JoeDavola

Just exercise some basic willpower you pathetic cunts, and stop giving the medical industry licence to invent ridiculous shit like this.

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I can't empathise with people who can't stop eating but that doesn't mean the problem isn't real for them.

I think this is right.

IMO obesity occurs as a result of dysfunction of the appetite regulation system.

I've heard it said that the drive to eat for an obese person is the same for an unaffected person that's not eaten for a week.  (it appears to be a stronger appetite increase than usually found after taking cannabis).

The solution is probably to work with the people to try to get them to understand that their appetite regulation system is broken.

And also to work out why their appetite regulation system breaks in the first place.

• Agree 3

Andersen
1 hour ago, DTMark said:

I can't empathise with people who can't stop eating but that doesn't mean the problem isn't real for them.

But then I think of that letter from the Top Tips page in Viz"Avoid the temptation to nibble at the chocolate bars in the fridge by simply not buying the fucking things in the first place".

That the system I use and it works for me :P Some folk can resist a big tin of Quality Street when it's left open in front of them (other confectionery is available), some folk can't. No matter if it's a physical addiction from years of a high-sugar intake or a mental issue (comfort eating?), the problem is real for them and it's no use pretending otherwise.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Andersen said:

That the system I use and it works for me :P Some folk can resist a big tin of Quality Street when it's left open in front of them (other confectionery is available), some folk can't. No matter if it's a physical addiction from years of a high-sugar intake or a mental issue (comfort eating?), the problem is real for them and it's no use pretending otherwise.

My partner has this with crisps.

I find them mostly greasy, nasty things which only have any place after a few beers. I can take them or leave them.

And yet the look on his face is like that of a child that just came down on Christmas Day to find a games console.

• Agree 1

Hail the Tripod
2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

prevents patients from opening their mouths wider than 2 mm

I can see an application for something like this, though I reckon my wife could still complain through 2mm gap.

It’ll never work as a diet strategy “because science”.*

*Specifically because sugar is very soluble.

• Agree 1

Democorruptcy

Teeth locked first so we can't eat, lips next so we can't speak, then fingers so we can't type and finally nostrils so we can't breathe. (At least I missed out the peeing stage)

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 minute ago, Democorruptcy said:

Teeth locked first so we can't eat, lips next so we can't speak, then fingers so we can't type and finally nostrils so we can't breathe. (At least I missed out the peeing stage)

It's all for your own good, you know it. ;)

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Don't give them ideas.

• Agree 1

unregistered_guest
2 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

They were given a commercially-available liquid diet

Beer?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

40 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I can see an application for something like this, though I reckon my wife could still complain through 2mm gap.

It’ll never work as a diet strategy “because science”.*

*Specifically because sugar is very soluble.

Isn't the spelling complan?

• Informative 1

sarahbell
44 minutes ago, DTMark said:

My partner has this with crisps.

I find them mostly greasy, nasty things which only have any place after a few beers. I can take them or leave them.

And yet the look on his face is like that of a child that just came down on Christmas Day to find a games console.

Salted peanuts and Doritos. I can ration chocolate and biscuits.

Andersen
37 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Soylent Green plot sumaary -> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/plotsummary O.o

Edited by Andersen