• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
DeepLurker

PewDiePie: what do we think of him?

Noticed this article is very popular on the So-Called BBC website this morning: YouTube star PewDiePie makes racial slur.

I know nothing about the guy, but I remember clearly that his name has been bandied about - either here, or back at TOS before it went off the rails.

I'm just wondering if any DOSBODers know him, what he does, what he stands for, etc...?

13 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

Noticed this article is very popular on the So-Called BBC website this morning: YouTube star PewDiePie makes racial slur.

I know nothing about the guy, but I remember clearly that his name has been bandied about - either here, or back at TOS before it went off the rails.

I'm just wondering if any DOSBODers know him, what he does, what he stands for, etc...?

Don't know anything about him. Not very helpful.

Rightly or wrongly, I have him in the same bracket as Stefan Molyneux, Russell Brand, Milo etc etc., all people who to seem think they have some sort of inner insight unavailable to me that they need to share, but who in fact just like the sound of their own voice.

Tommy Robinson on the other hand seems to have something to say and it has been interesting watching his developmental journey as a person, and he's still on it I think. I don't think e has never tried to tell people how to think or to explain to them why they see the world as they do (as Stefan Molyneaux and the rest patrosingly likes to soap box), rather TR has just said what he thinks.

Edited by Hopeful

7 minutes ago, This Time said:

He plays computer games on Youtube for a living and is more popular with the kids than most MSM stars. The MSM have decided they're threatened by this so take every opportunity to dig the boot in. 

xD Obviously, 'wrongly in the same bracket'. But I still think the world wouldn't miss him.

Edited by Hopeful

43 minutes ago, This Time said:

He plays computer games on Youtube for a living and is more popular with the kids than most MSM stars. The MSM have decided they're threatened by this so take every opportunity to dig the boot in. 

Yeah. The 1000s of BBC middle management must look at this sort of stuff in horror.

We spend millions on our pension and putting some crappy series about crippled black muslim on CBBC. But all the kids want to wacth is a bunch of peole doing make up or playing games.

The guy is based and red-pilling the younger generation. MSM/BBC/SJWs are losing their shit. He's going to get shut down eventually, while degenerate shit like "Queer Kid Stuff" will be pushed to take his place

Never watched PDP until he was "outed" in the media. 

Vey talented at exposing hypocrisy, as above.

No such thing as bad publicity in the media, his subs will increase again although they will now try and demonetise as much of his content as possible. They will create an almighty backlash on their own platforms if they continue trying to de-platform and also speed up massively  platform formation on the other side on which the mom will have almost zero exposure, that viewership will then be lost totally.

I think that people who earn that much for being in the public eye should be spending significant amounts of money on brand protection stuff, including lessons on 'how to not say stupid things at the heat of the moment' and 'you do realise that your fame could (and will at some point) disappear overnight -- here's how to make sure it isn't tonight'.

The same rules apply to footballers, tv celebs, etc.

1 minute ago, dgul said:

I think that people who earn that much for being in the public eye should be spending significant amounts of money on brand protection stuff, including lessons on 'how to not say stupid things at the heat of the moment' and 'you do realise that your fame could (and will at some point) disappear overnight -- here's how to make sure it isn't tonight'.

The same rules apply to footballers, tv celebs, etc.

Yes, that lack of awareness shows they are unprofessional.

2 hours ago, This Time said:

All I know about him is from an episode of South Park relating to viewing figures and how he is a hero of the young. 

2 hours ago, This Time said:

his viewers know this too, every time he is attacked by the MSM, a few more 100,000 viewers "wake up". I hope the MSM keep attacking him, even better if youtube demonitise him and he switches platform.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Yeah. The 1000s of BBC middle management must look at this sort of stuff in horror.

Not just them but pretty much every industry that revolves around marketing products to kids based on celebrities.

I subbed to his channel myself just to piss off TPTB, if fairness though he is pretty entertaining, and he'd have to be to end up essentially the most famous person in the world to the internet connected under 15/16s

1 hour ago, gibbon said:

The guy is based and red-pilling the younger generation. MSM/BBC/SJWs are losing their shit. He's going to get shut down eventually, while degenerate shit like "Queer Kid Stuff" will be pushed to take his place

Excellent video, and post. Thanks!

I too only watched his stuff after the MSM drew my attention to him. I like him, and am glad the MSM and Youtube have been so ridiculously ham fisted in their attempts to shut him (and so many others) down.

Jennifer Lawrence has been spending too much time around limp-wristed Hollywood types, she's developed female hysteria. She needs a good seeing to by a manly-man, failing that I am willing to fill in until one can be located. 

PewDiePie is funny and the hatchet job done on him by the msm is a bloody disgrace but no surprise, Lügenpresse strikes again. 

17 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Jennifer Lawrence has been spending too much time around limp-wristed Hollywood types, she's developed female hysteria. She needs a good seeing to by a manly-man, failing that I am willing to fill in until one can be located.

I think what's most likely is that she makes the right noises to further her career in hollywood, but continues to fuck manly men, as she always has.

20 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I think what's most likely is that she makes the right noises to further her career in hollywood, but continues to fuck manly men, as she always has.

Wasn't she banging the whiney twat from Coldplay? Hardly an alpha male is he? 

PewDiePie's bird is stunningly attractive BTW. 

3 hours ago, gibbon said:

Heard of him but never watched any of his stuff, seemed more aimed at kids and he doesn't seem to pose the big bad bogeyman 'white nationalist' threat the commie's seem to witchhunt about.

Watched the above vid, he's spot on.

5 hours ago, Hopeful said:

Don't know anything about him. Not very helpful.

Rightly or wrongly, I have him in the same bracket as Stefan Molyneux, Russell Brand, Milo etc etc., all people who to seem think they have some sort of inner insight unavailable to me that they need to share, but who in fact just like the sound of their own voice.

Tommy Robinson on the other hand seems to have something to say and it has been interesting watching his developmental journey as a person, and he's still on it I think. I don't think e has never tried to tell people how to think or to explain to them why they see the world as they do (as Stefan Molyneaux and the rest patrosingly likes to soap box), rather TR has just said what he thinks.

Stefan Mollynew is alright, just a pain. Russell Brand is a fucking twat, and wrong. Milo's useful to a point but tainted. Tommy Robinson has been useful, emphasis on the has, you know, past tense.

They're all worth something apart from Brand and folk should give them a listen.

I don't know the bloke myself but the more I read about this sort of stuff and watch what's going on, the more I'm starting to think that there is a sort of reverse McCarthyism going on in society. It does seem to be reaching those levels of hysteria, certainly in America at any rate.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

Here's the offending video in full, good to see it in the context it was in.

He is pretty funny, it seems even comedians are not allowed to push it these days.

Edited by Carl Fimble
idiocy