DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Furlough taper

Formerly

Formerly

Didn't see a thread in this. The tapering starts today, dropping to 70% government support with a further drop to 60% next month. I wonder what the impact will be, particularly for private sector jobs. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 4

19 minutes ago, Formerly said:

Didn't see a thread in this. The tapering starts today, dropping to 70% government support with a further drop to 60% next month. I wonder what the impact will be, particularly for private sector jobs. 

Redundancy notices would already be known for today. July's should be known tomorrow... 

Have a nice weekend scummers and drossers!

• Agree 1

Formerly
1 minute ago, Stuey said:

Redundancy notices would already be known for today. July's should be known tomorrow... 

Have a nice weekend scummers and drossers!

You'd think so, for long term employees. If you've less than 2 years' service it's another matter.

• Agree 2

Frank Hovis

Most people are off it already; it's no longer the massive numbers.

Now only about one in 20 workers who are employed by businesses are either fully or partially furloughed.

• Informative 2

Formerly
17 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Most people are off it already; it's no longer the massive numbers.

Now only about one in 20 workers who are employed by businesses are either fully or partially furloughed.

Where do you get that figure from?

The next report is due shortly, but if I'm interpreting the data in the following link correctly, there are still 3.5 million on furlough.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-statistics-3-june-2021/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-statistics-3-june-2021#cumulative-totals

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

7 minutes ago, Formerly said:

The next report is due shortly, but if I'm interpreting the data in the following link correctly, there are still 3.5 million on furlough.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-statistics-3-june-2021/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-statistics-3-june-2021#cumulative-totals

26 million workers, so that's 13% of working people.

Or 17% of people not directly working in the public sector.

Probably over 20% once you include the 'not quite public sector' (binmen, etc).

I'd also note that there are currently more people on furlough than there were at the end of last summer.  (although what proportions of their time are furlough isn't so clear).

Frank Hovis
50 minutes ago, Formerly said:

About two thirds of the way down this 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57665735

• Informative 1

38 minutes ago, dgul said:

26 million workers, so that's 13% of working people.

Or 17% of people not directly working in the public sector.

Probably over 20% once you include the 'not quite public sector' (binmen, etc).

I'd also note that there are currently more people on furlough than there were at the end of last summer.  (although what proportions of their time are furlough isn't so clear).

I think my place is using it creatively; ie if you can't get enough hours in your wages are topped up. Are you then "on furlough"? Apparently some individuals are refusing to come in if asked for odd shifts etc. as it makes no difference to their income. I'm just working as directed and leave the rest to payroll.

• Agree 1

Formerly
1 minute ago, Formerly said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-statistics-1-july-2021/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-statistics-1-july-2021#employments-on-furlough-over-time

The latest gov data is out and says 2.5 million on furlough at the end of May.

But only half of those on full furlough. The rest are on "creative furlough" it would seem.

• Agree 1

Bedrag Justesen
4 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Don't worry. Nobody in the public sector will be harmed, so it doesn't matter. 

Public sector is set for a biblical cull.

It has been underway for some time as the chosen ones bag their redundancy package.

There are public sector workers in Wales who are now millionaires thanks to sitting at home on full pay, not even a JRS reduction, full pay. The pubs were shut and the shops were closed. They quietly pile up cash.

Some of them are literally not working from home, they are just at home.

Forgotten.

They think.

Another example is DVLA. Unsafe at any speed. Send them home.

A triple whammy, Covid, algorithms, and outsourcing.

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Formerly said:

Very timely post, was thinking about this the other day - will be one to watch.

• Agree 1

JoeDavola
6 hours ago, Formerly said:

I wonder what the impact will be

I'm guessing a rise in house prices?

• Agree 1
  • Lol 9

20 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Are there many furlocked in NI?

Formerly
32 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Especially now that the stamp duty holiday is over too.

Democorruptcy
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

It has been underway for some time as the chosen ones bag their redundancy package.

There are public sector workers in Wales who are now millionaires thanks to sitting at home on full pay, not even a JRS reduction, full pay. The pubs were shut and the shops were closed. They quietly pile up cash.

Forgotten.

They think.

What have I missed? Labour bribed the NHS and social care workers with a £500 and then a £700+ bonus just before the election. I thought it had worked and they got back in? Public sector cull under the red ties? Does not compute.

Edited by Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy
4 hours ago, Formerly said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-statistics-1-july-2021/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-statistics-1-july-2021#employments-on-furlough-over-time

The latest gov data is out and says 2.5 million on furlough at the end of May.

That BBC article states

At the end of May, 2.4 million people still relied on the scheme for their income, the latest HMRC figures show.

It must have dropped a bit since but there could also be some jiggery pokery going on, does the highlighted bit mean it's their only income but maybe some more are on a partial furlough?

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Forgotten.

They think.

What makes you think they'll get sacked for not working in the public sector? It's never happened before.

• Agree 6

Formerly
6 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

That BBC article states...

It does now. Same link. Different article. However, it's now more consistent with the government's story.

• Agree 1

Hancock
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

They ought to give me the job of telling them.

I'd do it for free as the job satisfaction would be worthwhile payment.

I would start with putting them in a headlock, whilst stamping on their feet .... then use the gentile line of "right you useless parasitic cunt who has done sweet FA since you got here" ... after that i'd get creative!

Edited by Hancock

Bedrag Justesen
4 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

What makes you think they'll get sacked for not working in the public sector? It's never happened before.

They won't be sacked they will be paid to go.  :)

Then they will be paid to come back.  xD

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 2