DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Antigen test?

nirvana

nirvana

it looks like that PCR test is a money making scam and I heard you can get a free Antigen test from a pharmacie etc

Dunno WTF an antigen is lol

If you haven't been jabbed and you haven't had convid, are you looking for a +ve or -ve result?

And do they still shove a stick up yer nose and 'scrape your brain'? :CryBaby:

Pinkpanther

The latteral flow test - tests for the antigen.

Its the one that you get at asymtomatic testing centres, workplace and School testing and takes 30mins to get an answer.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

JoeDavola

I was just googling this, assuming we're talking about the antibody test.

Apparently shows you if you've had covid in the last 6 months, which I don't think I have.

Seems I'd have to pay privately, so what's the point I guess.

norfolkhorn
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Apparently shows you if you've had covid in the last 6 months, which I don't think I have.

I think he's talking about the antigen test but I had an antibody test at my GP. I have had a chronic cough since I had what I now believe to be covid in December 2019. The test came back negative but it was about 8-9 months after I was ill so not that surprising. 

• Informative 1

nirvana
4 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

nope specifically an ANTIGEN test! Which in Frogland is free and the results in minutes...

I've concluded the PCR test is a money making load o crap cos they use this 40-45x amplification bollocks, which is akin to medical fraud!

Then yes I believe there is an antibody test too, which is a blood test but that's carp too cos it tells if you've had convid but not if you currently have it? TBH I don't really get this either lol

nirvana
3 hours ago, norfolkhorn said:

I think he's talking about the antigen test but I had an antibody test at my GP. I have had a chronic cough since I had what I now believe to be covid in December 2019. The test came back negative but it was about 8-9 months after I was ill so not that surprising. 

so the antibody test was with blood? And you've had a chronic cough for over 18 months!? :o

You have my sympathy, bon courage!

• Agree 1

nirvana
7 hours ago, Pinkpanther said:

The latteral flow test - tests for the antigen.

Its the one that you get at asymtomatic testing centres, workplace and School testing and takes 30mins to get an answer.

so can you use that one for travel? I guess not if it's free, gotta con the plebs out of more dosh to escape :S

Dogtania
10 hours ago, nirvana said:

it looks like that PCR test is a money making scam and I heard you can get a free Antigen test from a pharmacie etc

Dunno WTF an antigen is lol

If you haven't been jabbed and you haven't had convid, are you looking for a +ve or -ve result?

And do they still shove a stick up yer nose and 'scrape your brain'? :CryBaby:

Sounds like the rapid antigen test is a bit of a money maker (or drain - depends if your a normal tax payer or one of the gilded middle men with polo friends or the Chinese).

The free ones that anybody can pick - I think I read they cost the UK more than 3 billion FFS

• Informative 1

Dogtania

This has been posted before, I'm not sure if there are others but this place offers testing (London in person only iirc) for t-cells.

There meant to hang around longer than antibodies, says on the site 83% of previously infected individuals tested positive after 60 days (not sure if this number keeps dropping as time goes on post infection?).

https://privateharleystreetclinic.com/products/t-spot-covid-test