• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Carl Fimble

Graffitti aimed at landlords Belfast

Graffiti appeared in Belfast, "LANDLORDS BEWARE LOCALS 1st" and "LOCALS ONLY LANDLORDS" 

8 minute video where Millennial Woes discusses it.

I wonder if they have this one on the other place?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41076324

Edited by Carl Fimble
adding the So-Called BBC link, correcting the quotes

I can tell you about this from the ground, as I was born and bred in East Belfast, in the exact area where this graffiti was written.

Ghettos are already forming in streets that were once working class/young professional streets in parts of Belfast. Whole streets being bought up by builders/btl-ers and rented out to migrants. Often houses have twice as many people in them as they would have done originally, and there's been plenty of reports of antisocial behavior. As I say, very quickly areas are forming where everyone of a certain culture moves into street X - i.e. not multiculturalism at all but little miniature ghettos.

Beyond the east, there is a high profile block of flats near the city centre which is having problems with overcrowding - a friend of mine rented there for a couple of years and could see multiple families crammed into a one bed flat - a matress on the middle of the floor in the living room with people sleeping on it. The management company was sending letters to the tenants warning them they were generating too much waste - well actually they weren't it's just that you have 6 people living in a one bed flat!

In South Belfast the university area, particularly the holylands - the streets near the Asian Supermarket, have become mostly eastern european by the looks of things.

I think you'll get more tensions like this as time goes on. Working class people won't be happy when a street that used to be a little community with people who lived there for decades, becomes an HMO-ed multicultural btl-er street.

Just come back from taking the kids swimming to see two very highly inebriated itinerant looking Polish men holding a can of Tyskie each whilst belting the door to be let in. This is two doors down from me at 5.45 PM. The lovely lady inside wouldnt open the door but was quite happy to hand them tins of Tyskie through an open window to get them to go away. This could be why people get so annoyed with the situation,  but I guess if it is not literally on your doorstep its not a problem and the slurs of a racist Brexiteer.

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I can tell you about this from the ground, as I was born and bred in East Belfast, in the exact area where this graffiti was written.

Ghettos are already forming in streets that were once working class/young professional streets in parts of Belfast. Whole streets being bought up by builders/btl-ers and rented out to migrants. Often houses have twice as many people in them as they would have done originally, and there's been plenty of reports of antisocial behavior. As I say, very quickly areas are forming where everyone of a certain culture moves into street X - i.e. not multiculturalism at all but little miniature ghettos.

Beyond the east, there is a high profile block of flats near the city centre which is having problems with overcrowding - a friend of mine rented there for a couple of years and could see multiple families crammed into a one bed flat - a matress on the middle of the floor in the living room with people sleeping on it. The management company was sending letters to the tenants warning them they were generating too much waste - well actually they weren't it's just that you have 6 people living in a one bed flat!

In South Belfast the university area, particularly the holylands - the streets near the Asian Supermarket, have become mostly eastern european by the looks of things.

I think you'll get more tensions like this as time goes on. Working class people won't be happy when a street that used to be a little community with people who lived there for decades, becomes an HMO-ed multicultural btl-er street.

I don't know the figures but as far as I undertand it there are no jobs in NI other than public sector, it seems like an unusual choice of location to emigrate to. Much of the work during the used to be cash in hand for example snudding the mushrooms.

8 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

I don't know the figures but as far as I undertand it there are no jobs in NI other than public sector, it seems like an unusual choice of location to emigrate to. Much of the work during the used to be cash in hand for example snudding the mushrooms.

In the region of 100,000 eea migrants in the last 10 years to NI 

They work in hospitality , food factories and other low skilled jobs  mostly 

funny when we have the highest percentage of economically inactive people in the UK 

Just now, Malthus said:

In the region of 100,000 eea migrants in the last 10 years to NI 

They work in hospitality , food factories and other low skilled jobs  mostly 

funny when we have the highest percentage of economically inactive people in the UK 

That was what I thought wrt people not in employment. Some of those boys are in for a right fucking frightener if it kicks off again

3 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

That was what I thought wrt people not in employment. Some of those boys are in for a right fucking frightener if it kicks off again

As with most migrants they live in the cheapest areas all over NI , not just in Belfast 

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more trouble for migrants 

Some of the places they live I would'nt even slow down in , no matter get out of the car 

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

I also think it speaks volumes that the graffiti is having a go at the landlords, as opposed to the migrants themselves. The locals aren't as racist as the politicians would like you to think; they know that this is all about money and that the landlords are slowly getting rich by wrecking their communities.

I thought they were all thick over there.

The other thing worth mentioning is that when poorer areas become ghetto-ised, it removes the bottom rung of the 'housing ladder'; the streets that used to be the kinda place where a 'young professional' would buy their first house become no-go areas.

So then the young professional has to look at the next rung up, which is a semi which in belfast are now around the £200K mark. You'd be lucky as a young person to be earning £25K in NI so a house of that price is way out of your price range.

29 minutes ago, Malthus said:

As with most migrants they live in the cheapest areas all over NI , not just in Belfast 

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more trouble for migrants 

Some of the places they live I would'nt even slow down in , no matter get out of the car 

That just sounds like tick tock 

3 hours ago, MrPin said:

Landlords are sometimes cutting corners on law and safety for a quick buck.

Sometimes?

BTL has been pushed hard by successive governments to enable the freeing up of space (outbidding any native family competition basically) to churn whole communities and turn them over to student let / migrant labour or direct replacement communities. This was planned.

4 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Ghettos are already forming in streets that were once working class/young professional streets in parts of Belfast. Whole streets being bought up by builders/btl-ers and rented out to migrants.

Where the streets have no name.

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I also think it speaks volumes that the graffiti is having a go at the landlords, as opposed to the migrants themselves. The locals aren't as racist as the politicians would like you to think; they know that this is all about money and that the landlords are slowly getting rich by wrecking their communities.

Its also because with typical Irish directness, the message is Trumpian simple.

Landlords catch yourself on or we will blow up your house. 

2 hours ago, Shaneyson said:

Some of those boys are in for a right fucking frightener if it kicks off again

If there's one place where attacking the indigenous population by jumping out of a Hertz Renault van with knives is not a good plan it must be Belfast.

Whichever side of the Cupar Way wall, the likely result will not be singing Oasis, IKEA Glimma candles, and placating placards.

Expect hoods, baseball bats, tar, feathers, burning tyre necklaces, knee-cappings, sniper fire and Semtex.    

5 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Graffiti appeared in Belfast, "LANDLORDS BEWARE LOCALS 1st" and "LOCALS ONLY LANDLORDS" 

8 minute video where Millennial Woes discusses it.

Woes talking perfect sense here; that councillor OTOH, is living in Bizzaro World (where up is down etc.)

I've only been to Belfast once but I get the impression that they are among the least alienated communities left in Britain.

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

2 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

If there's one place where attacking the indigenous population by jumping out of a Hertz Renault van with knives is not a good plan it must be Belfast.

Whichever side of the Cupar Way wall, the likely result will not be singing Oasis, IKEA Glimma candles, and placating placards.

Expect hoods, baseball bats, tar, feathers, burning tyre necklaces, knee-cappings, sniper fire and Semtex.    

That is exactly what I meant, I remember reading AP newpaper a long time ago and there were public notices to individuals to cease and desist antisocial behaviour or face the very real consequence of using sticks. I am not sure if that side of stuff still goes on now,  but even the most passionate of believers would be have to be stupid to start a  jihad in a country that has been at close quarters war for over half of a century.