DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What do you want, a bloody medal?

Battenberg

6 hours ago, Battenberg said:

Queen awards all NHS staff with the George Cross

Made in China?

Democorruptcy

Rewarding failure.

The NHS in England faces paying out £4.3bn in legal fees to settle outstanding claims of clinical negligence, the BBC has learned through a Freedom of Information request

Each year the NHS receives more than 10,000 new claims for compensation.

This figure includes all current unsettled claims and projected estimates of ones in the future.

The Department of Health has pledged to tackle "the unsustainable rise in the cost of clinical negligence".

Estimates published last year put the total cost of outstanding compensation claims at £83bn.

NHS England's total budget in 2018-19 was £129bn.

The Association of Personal Injuries Lawyers believes the cost is driven by failures in patient safety.

Doctors represented by the Medical Defence Union, which supports doctors at risk of litigation, are calling for "a fundamental" reform of the current system.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51180944

That was before covid when they refused to test people before they sent them to care homes or told them to stay at home and not bother them.

DNR.jpg

• Agree 2
  • Informative 4

Harley
Posted (edited)

For the deserving amongst them now sharing what other exceedingly brave heroes died for:

And nothing heroic in spending £500m on scaring people into joining a world beating jabfest.

Clap......clap.......clap.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 1

OurDayWillCome

Wow! The George Cross is now being awarded for improving your golf handicap, claiming freebies and services to TikTok.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

Harley
Posted (edited)

"The Governor

Malta

To honour her brave people I award the George Cross to the Island Fortress of Malta to bear witness to a heroism and devotion that will long be famous in history.

George R.I.

April 15th 1942"

PS:  Wiki has already been updated for the NHS, which sits there only with Malta and the RUC.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

MrXxxx
46 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Rewarding failure.

That was before covid when they refused to test people before they sent them to care homes or told them to stay at home and not bother them.

DNR.jpg

:-)))) they spend 99% of the letter telling you how you are 'on your own' and to consider your sacrifice for the benefit of others, and then sign off with "We will not abandon you"...it would be funny if it wasn't so sad!

• Agree 3

Harley
Posted (edited)

The RUC George Cross citation:

"For the past 30 years, the Royal Ulster Constabulary has been the bulwark against, and the main target of, a sustained and brutal terrorism campaign. The Force has suffered heavily in protecting both sides of the community from danger – 302 officers have been killed in the line of duty and thousands more injured, many seriously. Many officers have been ostracised by their own community and others have been forced to leave their homes in the face of threats to them and their families. As Northern Ireland reaches a turning point in its political development this award is made to recognise the collective courage and dedication to duty of all of those who have served in the Royal Ulster Constabulary and who have accepted the danger and stress this has brought to them and to their families".

Edited by Harley
  • Informative 1

Harley
Posted (edited)

Maybe they should have better remembered those who directly suffered.  From ITV for a ROM:

"At least 230 frontline health and care workers have been identified after dying with coronavirus......

Those dying directly from cv in the line of duty have my upmost respect and should be properly remembered.  My respect also to all in the NHS and the many others across the country who did their duty.

Edited by Harley
  • Agree 1

Lightly Toasted
4 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Rewarding failure.

DNR.jpg

"We will not abandon you but we need to be frank and realistic about what the next months holds for us."

• Agree 2

OurDayWillCome

At school I dated a girl who went on to be awarded the George Cross - it was for bravery, not for going out with me. She now works for the NHS. Does this mean she has two of them?

7 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

At school I dated a girl who went on to be awarded the George Cross - it was for bravery, not for going out with me. She now works for the NHS. Does this mean she has two of them?

She's got 1 and 1/1,164,729th George crosses.

• Lol 1

Carl Fimble

My mum worried for the NHS, as did my auntie and uncle, I always thought of the NHS in a really good way, used to argue for it when people talked about privatisation.

Now, after this last year and a half....

Fuck the NHS.

• Agree 6

One percent
4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

My mum worried for the NHS, as did my auntie and uncle, I always thought of the NHS in a really good way, used to argue for it when people talked about privatisation.

Now, after this last year and a half....

Fuck the NHS.

I’m wondering whether they haven’t engendered this view on purpose so that no one complains when it is privatised. 

Funn3r

I want the iron cross for my services to bravely not ironing for the last year and half.

• Lol 3

Carl Fimble
Just now, One percent said:

I’m wondering whether they haven’t engendered this view on purpose so that no one complains when it is privatised. 

Almost everything they do is intentional, so I wouldn't be surprised. At this point though, having seen what the NHS has been involved in, I couldn't give a toss. 

• Agree 3

Van Lady
30 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I want the iron cross for my services to bravely not ironing for the last year and half.

Pftttt….amateur. I made my kids iron their own clothes from around aged twelve. That’s over ten years ago.

Personally I haven’t bought any clothing that requires ironing for much longer than that. Odd items that do need ironed after washing are fine after hanging for a few weeks. Same with duvets, curtains etc. No need to iron, sooner or later the creases will disappear.

I hate ironing.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

Rewarding failure.

DNR.jpg

are the GPs now sending letters asking patients if they want to withdraw their DNACPR forms? no, thought not.