• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

The odd couple

14 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Is it just me or do the parents look related?

3E025B0E00000578-4286050-The_couple_came

They do actually, whether they are or not they are fucking up their children's lives. They will turn out being weird arseholes, and be a nightmare to bring up. Fools!

Edited by Carl Fimble
idiocy

47 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Nothing against women breast feeding in public but that picture is creepy 

ps not that one , the one on the OP

Edited by Malthus
Extra info

I actually feel a bit sorry for the kids. Life certainly isn't going to be easy having those absolute fucking knobheads as parents.

It will be twice as difficult now that they have decided to go on national television and the papers to show just how knobheaded they are.

When Ulysses gets to 17 and Ulysses statrts drinking in pubs where Ulysses behaves as badly as he does at home then Ulysses will find himself having his head kicked in on a regular basis until he finally learns the lesson that his parents should have taught him when he was younger: the world does not revolve around Ulysses.

This is just a song Ulysses.  It's not real.

They seem happy.  Many people aren't.

However, they should send the children to school.  At the very least, they really need to learn about how to relate to other people.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

However, they should send the children to school.  At the very least, they really need to learn about how to relate to other people.

+1

while it's a nice sentiment to raise your kids without the institution, unfortunately we live in one. Can't change that and other people no matter how hard you try. 

Thats the kind of thing I slowly drip feed into my kids life (that the state is a necessary evil). These people are going fucking nuclear and it will severely hinder their children's lives long term. 

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Very much so. Game of Thrones?

If you do that trick of covering half their face vertically - i.e. a vertical line from the middle of the chin up through the mouth, nose and forehead - you will see that they look remarkably alike.

2 hours ago, dgul said:

That was my basic impression from the article (which being DM I take with a massive pinch of salt).

I don't understand how the baby pee'd on the floor (don't they believe in nappies?!) or know how bad the behavioural problems are..  I would have loved to have jumped on sofas as a kid..  the difference is I would have got a ticking off if it was inappropriate. The question is are the kids out of control,  or do the parents just choose not to control them?

All that aside,  I presume they are home schooling.  Which if they are doing properly with a strict and structured routine is probably the best kind of education you can get.  If they are just letting them play 24/7 then I agree that the kids are probably missing out on an important education.

5 hours ago, JackieO said:

The kids have surprisingly small chins O.o

The mum looks like Bruce Forsyth's love child :P

nintchdbpict000352187945.jpg?strip=all&w

Nice to see you, to see you nice.

Good game. good game.  Let's have a wash of the carpet.

(She actually looks fine, but her kids will be fucked as soon as they are on their own in the big bad world.  I predict bright red dyed hair and gender reallocation as they try desperately to retreat into the safe space of their childhhod)

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

nintchdbpict000352187945.jpg?strip=all&w

Nice to see you, to see you nice.

Good game. good game.  Let's have a wash of the carpet.

(She actually looks fine, but her kids will be fucked as soon as they are on their own in the big bad world.  I predict bright red dyed hair and gender reallocation as they try desperately to retreat into the safe space of their childhhod)

She looks deceptively normal in that picture...even - dare I say it - kind of attractive

That said, if we are to take them as read, there are probably abyssal depths of mental going on there. A strict diet of quinoa and tofu, an aversion to personal hygiene and a muff like an electrocuted Bichon Frise I'd imagine.

I'm out.

That's Brighton!:o

The parents look fairly normal to me, and kids do pee, as do some older folk. Not many of them get to do it on television.

The fact the parents "look a bit similar", is not abnormal as we find similar facial features attractive in a partner.

The big thing is, it's not really news, and I don't care about it.

I know some "hippy style parents" who don't get on TV, and have happy kids.

4 hours ago, SNACR said:

In reality I doubt any of it would fuck the kids up as much as parental separation. Forces kids often seem to be fairly fucked up by all the moving around and one parent never being there but no-one ever argues they're selfishly damaging their kids. I've known a few people with hippy parents and fairly chaotic upbringings and they often seem to turn out fairly normal.

One of my aunts enforced some sort of no TV regime, which would probably be no video games or social media too these days, which most people would probably see as being desirable even if they didn't stop their kids doing it themselves. I certainly think there's not a huge amount of value in a childhood incessantly spent on those activities but her kids were a bit weird to connect with socially as there was virtually no cultural reference you could ever assume they would share.

Parenting does seem to be a very funny area where even quite seemingly normal people instigate slightly batshit little schemes. I'm a bit dubious even of some of the more common ones, like making them do chores to instil some sort of work ethic, actually bear any real fruit. There were two brothers, at school, who were only allowed healthy food at home, all it meant was at school they ate a diet entirely consisting of chocolate bars and scrupulously disposed of all the wrapper evidence before they got home.

They may have rules for the kids and reasonable behavioural expectations. It may be a wholly sensible approach in not worrying about coercing the children into stopping behaviours that they would naturally cease in a year or two anyway (it's not like the 5 year old pissed on the stage). They could be superlative parents... but I doubt it. As you say every family has it's own kind of mental and in the big scheme of things the bar is unbelievably low, so they're probably not that bad.

Begging for a substantial amount of money so they can live their lives with a sense of ideological superiority over the people they are begging from really stinks though.

Edited by Hail the Tripod