DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Zinc ionophores

Hail the Tripod

Hail the Tripod

It seemed like it’s about time they got their own thread.

Elemental zinc struggles to cross cell membranes, ionophores help them transit, like a carrier molecule.

It appears that people have been noting the broad anti-viral effectiveness of zinc + zinc ionophore combinations, for the best part of a decade. However, definitive studies seem pretty thin on the ground.

“Coalface doctors” seem to have had treatment successes with a number of drugs now that are zinc ionophores: chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin.

It appears that a number of “healthy anti-oxidants” like polyphenols and resveratrol also have zinc ionophore properties. Is that the significant benefit they are offering?

Hat-tips to @SpectrumFX for recently highlighting the zinc ionophore property of resveratrol, and @Hopeful who was pointing up the potential significance of the simple zinc + zinc ionophore combo fucking ages ago!

• Agree 3
  • Informative 5
  • Cheers 1

I picked up some quercetin supplements from Amazon, quercetin is apparently one... keeping them for long term (if corona kicks off) but do take them a few times a week with a higher dose of zinc

• Agree 2

Hail the Tripod
Posted (edited)

As something of a true believer of waterside ape hypothesis, it seems extremely likely that our ancestral diet had much larger proportions of “transportable zinc” rich foods like bivalves and bird eggs. Therefore some risk of deficiency from our modern diet seems very plausible.

(Which is to say, eat some raw oysters regularly if you want to be healthier.)

Edited by Hail the Tripod
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2

Harley
9 hours ago, ste said:

I picked up some quercetin supplements from Amazon, quercetin is apparently one... keeping them for long term (if corona kicks off) but do take them a few times a week with a higher dose of zinc

I use quercetin but in reading a protocol, it mentioned it's limited efficacy over HCQ, etc.  Views anyone?

Lightscribe
9 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

It seemed like it’s about time they got their own thread.

Elemental zinc struggles to cross cell membranes, ionophores help them transit, like a carrier molecule.

It appears that people have been noting the broad anti-viral effectiveness of zinc + zinc ionophore combinations, for the best part of a decade. However, definitive studies seem pretty thin on the ground.

“Coalface doctors” seem to have had treatment successes with a number of drugs now that are zinc ionophores: chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin.

It appears that a number of “healthy anti-oxidants” like polyphenols and resveratrol also have zinc ionophore properties. Is that the significant benefit they are offering?

Hat-tips to @SpectrumFX for recently highlighting the zinc ionophore property of resveratrol, and @Hopeful who was pointing up the potential significance of the simple zinc + zinc ionophore combo fucking ages ago!

Which is exactly what my research led me to in the beginning of 2020. A combination of Vitamin C, D, Elderberry juice and Zinc.

The polyphenol in the Elderberries which allows the Zinc ionophore properties when taken with Zinc.

“The second fruit with high polyphenol content is black elderberry, which contains large amounts of anthocyanins (813 ± 156 mg/100g), flavonols, and cinnamic acid derivatives. However, not only berry fruits are rich in polyphenols but also the elderberry branches contain high concentrations of cinnamic acids and flavonols. The total phenol content is 1191 and 708 mg/100g fresh weight for berries and branches, respectively. This by-product represents a good source of a low-cost alternative source of natural antioxidants (Silva et al., 2017).”

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/elderberries

• Informative 8

9 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

(Which is to say, eat some raw oysters regularly if you want to be healthier.)

• Lol 1

Hail the Tripod
7 minutes ago, eight said:

Now I want to go to New Orleans.

• Agree 1

The Masked Tulip
54 minutes ago, Harley said:

I use quercetin but in reading a protocol, it mentioned it's limited efficacy over HCQ, etc.  Views anyone?

I posted the below earlier this morning where Doctors Zelenko and Mercoa talk about using quercetin as a transport for zinc. (I am thinking about ordering some myself from Amazon as there is a deal on some today.).

But in the Covid Patient Treatment Guide put out by the American Association of Surgeons and Physicians they state the following:

A word about quercetin. Some physicians are recommending this supplement to reduce viral illnesses because quercetin acts as a zinc ionophore to improve zinc uptake into cells. It is much less potent than HCQ as a zinc transporter, andit does not reach high concentrations in lung cells that HCQ does. Quercetin may help reduce risk of viral illness if you are basically healthy. But it is not potent enough to replace HCQ for treatment of COVID once you have symptoms, and it does not adequately get into lung tissue unless you take massive doses (3-5 grams a day), which cause significant GI side effects such as diarrhea.

Thus my reading of that is that if you have HCQ then fantastic - use that. But most of us cannot get hold of HCQ. Hence using quercetin as a prophylactic seems that it would have some merit maybe.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2

I've been taking Vitamins C and D, sambucol, quercetin, NAC and zinc most days since seeing the medcram video where he said that was his daily regime.

Vitamins date from before all this hoohaa following a blood test showing that I was low in D.

I haven't had a cold since (maybe 18 months) even though other members of the household have.

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Shamone said:

Where is @Hopeful these days?

Sad news. Trying to up his zinc ionophores he was done in by a dodgy oyster.

Tragic, but also humorously ironic. It's what he would have wanted. 

• Informative 1
  • Lol 3

Hail the Tripod

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf5014633#

thus demonstrating the ionophore action of QCT, epigallocatechin-gallate, and CQ on lipid membrane systems. The ionophore activity of dietary polyphenols may underlay the raising of labile zinc levels triggered in cells by polyphenols and thus many of their biological actions.

• Informative 1

Bear Hug
Posted (edited)

Quircetin is readily available. I bought 1000mg doses from Amazon. 

What happens now?! 

Take quircetin and zinc when Ill? Or take all the time like I take zinc? 

Should I even bother taking zinc without this if quircetin is required for it to work? 

Edited by Bear Hug

Bear Hug
9 hours ago, Inigo said:

I've been taking Vitamins C and D, sambucol, quercetin, NAC and zinc most days since seeing the medcram video where he said that was his daily regime.

Vitamins date from before all this hoohaa following a blood test showing that I was low in D.

I haven't had a cold since (maybe 18 months) even though other members of the household have.

That looks like it would answer my question. Going to look for that Medcram video. Looks like covid/colds have no chance. 

Bear Hug
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Read the above.

My kitchen cupboard is starting to look like a pharmacy.. 

Image from the tweet is included

8cb1e1e524da7c72.jpeg

Edited by Bear Hug
  • Agree 1

The Masked Tulip
13 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

That looks like it would answer my question. Going to look for that Medcram video. Looks like covid/colds have no chance. 

He updated his supplements video back in January. Should be cued up.

• Informative 4

Harley
9 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I posted the below earlier this morning where Doctors Zelenko and Mercoa talk about using quercetin as a transport for zinc. (I am thinking about ordering some myself from Amazon as there is a deal on some today.).

But in the Covid Patient Treatment Guide put out by the American Association of Surgeons and Physicians they state the following:

Thus my reading of that is that if you have HCQ then fantastic - use that. But most of us cannot get hold of HCQ. Hence using quercetin as a prophylactic seems that it would have some merit maybe.

That's the one I read which led to my question.  Here's another - is ivermectin an ionsjobby or more?

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, Harley said:

That's the one I read which led to my question.  Here's another - is ivermectin an ionsjobby or more?

Yes, it is.

However, I just finished listening to the latest Geert Vanden Boosche interview. During it he says that if you take ivermectin TOO SOON it stops the innate immune response and thus you do not build up a natrual immunity if infected.

Others are saying that you need to take it ASAP when infected.

My opinion - fuck knows!

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

ashestoashes
10 hours ago, Shamone said:

Where is @Hopeful these days?

think he grew tired of getting his ankles nipped

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2

The Masked Tulip

N-Acetyl-Cysteine - A Powerful Protector Banned From Amazon

N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is a supplement that increases the production of the most powerful antioxidant in the body. This antioxidant is called Glutathione and it is a great anti-inflammatory and body protector. Glutathione is essential to the functioning of specific immune cells which fight infection.

It is well known that NAC supplements can increase the production of glutathione in the body. In times of a viral pandemic NAC should be easily available to those wanting a protective effect for their lungs. N-acetylcysteine (NAC) has made the news recently not because of its powerful health benefits, but because the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) suddenly decided after nearly 60 years of over-the-counter sales, NAC is now a “medication” or drug that requires a physician’s prescription.

More:

https://www.liverdoctor.com/n-acetyl-cysteine-a-powerful-protector-banned-from-amazon/

29 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

think he grew tired of getting his ankles nipped

Shame. Hope he returns.

• Agree 6
  • Informative 2

Bear Hug
22 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

N-Acetyl-Cysteine - A Powerful Protector Banned From Amazon

N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is a supplement that increases the production of the most powerful antioxidant in the body. This antioxidant is called Glutathione and it is a great anti-inflammatory and body protector. Glutathione is essential to the functioning of specific immune cells which fight infection.

It is well known that NAC supplements can increase the production of glutathione in the body. In times of a viral pandemic NAC should be easily available to those wanting a protective effect for their lungs. N-acetylcysteine (NAC) has made the news recently not because of its powerful health benefits, but because the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) suddenly decided after nearly 60 years of over-the-counter sales, NAC is now a “medication” or drug that requires a physician’s prescription.

More:

https://www.liverdoctor.com/n-acetyl-cysteine-a-powerful-protector-banned-from-amazon/

Shame. Hope he returns.

Still available in amazon UK. Bought some, although I probably don't need any: list of foods rich in it seems to match keto diet almost exactly

invalid
2 hours ago, Bear Hug said:

My kitchen cupboard is starting to look like a pharmacy.. 

Image from the tweet is included

8cb1e1e524da7c72.jpeg

What are the dirty dozen?

On the subject of supplements, can anyone recommend a brand that is reputable?

I found the website for one brand selling on amazon, there were no company details and the 'head office' was a residential house.

I don't want to buy something that is of dubious quality or just rebranded crap from China that some guy is putting stickers onto bottles in his garden shed.

Would it be safe to say anything from Holland and Barret should be ok? Not sure if I can bring myself to pay their prices though....

Bear Hug
14 minutes ago, invalid said:

What are the dirty dozen?

On the subject of supplements, can anyone recommend a brand that is reputable?

I found the website for one brand selling on amazon, there were no company details and the 'head office' was a residential house.

I don't want to buy something that is of dubious quality or just rebranded crap from China that some guy is putting stickers onto bottles in his garden shed.

Would it be safe to say anything from Holland and Barret should be ok? Not sure if I can bring myself to pay their prices though....

US version: 

https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php

EWG'S DIRTY DOZEN FOR 2021

1. Strawberries
  2. Spinach
  3. Kale, collard and mustard greens
  4. Nectarines
  5. Apples
  6. Grapes
  7. Cherries
  8. Peaches
  9. Pears
  10. Bell and hot peppers
  11. Celery
  12. Tomatoes

Of the 46 items included in our analysis, these Dirty Dozen foods were contaminated with more pesticides than other crops, according to our analysis of USDA data.1 (The rankings are based not only on the percentage of samples with pesticides but also on the number and amount of pesticides on all samples and on individual samples. See Methodology.) Key findings:

• More than 90 percent of samples of strawberries, apples, cherries, spinach, nectarines, and leafy greens tested positive for residues of two or more pesticides.
  • A single sample of kale, collard and mustard greens had up to 20 different pesticides.
  • On average, spinach samples had 1.8 times as much pesticide residue by weight as any other crop tested.
  • Hot peppers and bell peppers had the most pesticides detected, 115 pesticides in total and 21 more pesticides than the crops with the second highest amount – kale, collard and mustard greens.

SG-CF-header.jpg

EWG'S CLEAN FIFTEEN FOR 2021

1. Avocados
  2. Sweet corn
  3. Pineapple
  4. Onions
  5. Papaya
  6. Sweet peas (frozen)
  7. Eggplant
  8. Asparagus
  9. Broccoli
  10. Cabbage
  11. Kiwi
  12. Cauliflower
  13. Mushrooms
  14. Honeydew melon
  15. Cantaloupes

These 15 items had the lowest amounts of pesticide residues, according to EWG’s analysis of the most recent USDA data

• Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

sleepwello'nights
3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

A very interesting link. Not so sure about the article linking graphene in SARS-Cov-2 or the gene therapy injections but the featured articles at the end, "Sexy Russian Babes looking for men" and the like :Beer: