DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Good advice

humdrum

I want to extend the lease on one of our properties, which is straightforward enough.

The property is owned by the local authority. So I rang them up and it immediately became apparent that they were game, but would rather someone else did the donkey work and told me to find a lawyer to make the application. So I thought fair enough, I can see this business being handled with half a dozen phone calls, a serious dent in the finances and about 30 minutes of my time.

So, nothing I did not expect and fairly painless.

Then Madam pitched in with a shit storm of good advice about the need to determine the colour of the lawyer's socks and endless bollocks about something the woman in the supermarket queue had told her about some bloody rubbish or other. So I said look, if you want to take over then be my guest and she said that was me all over and she was only trying to help. So I said that if I wanted to hear a lot of crap I would stick my head up my arse.

Whereupon she flounced out.

But I am not kidding myself. I have won a skirmish but she will be back once she has recovered her wind

leonardratso

wheres the advice?

you should heed richards actions in 'keeping up appearances' ;

'yes dear, yes dear.....'

then do what you like but dont report it to mrs bucket.

1 hour ago, leonardratso said:

wheres the advice?

you should heed richards actions in 'keeping up appearances' ;

'yes dear, yes dear.....'

then do what you like but dont report it to mrs bucket.

All true.

I slipped up on that.

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/07/2021 at 13:19, humdrum said:

I want to extend the lease on one of our properties, which is straightforward enough.

The property is owned by the local authority. So I rang them up and it immediately became apparent that they were game, but would rather someone else did the donkey work and told me to find a lawyer to make the application. So I thought fair enough, I can see this business being handled with half a dozen phone calls, a serious dent in the finances and about 30 minutes of my time.

Then Madam pitched in with a shit storm of good advice about the need to determine the colour of the lawyer's socks and endless bollocks about something the woman in the supermarket queue had told her about some bloody rubbish or other. So I said look, if you want to take over then be my guest and she said that was me all over and she was only trying to help. So I said that if I wanted to hear a lot of crap I would stick my head up my arse.

Whereupon she flounced out.

But I am not kidding myself. I have won a skirmish but she will be back once she has recovered her wind

That’s what happens when you take the gag off.
They’ll want the vote next 😉

On 07/07/2021 at 13:19, humdrum said:

Their solicitor will also be involved. For which you will almost certainly end up contributing to the cost.
Average time for round here varies between 2 and 6 years for a leasehold to be bought.

5 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Their solicitor will also be involved. For which you will almost certainly end up contributing to the cost.
Average time for round here varies between 2 and 6 years for a leasehold to be bought.

I am easy. I am not going anywhere and it should push up the value of the property, so it is just a question of balancing the various legal fees against potential capital gains.

The only problem is the endless bunnying. Now, if you want my advice.... Well no I don't but I can't see anyway of avoiding it either

Talking of which, I have just gotten back from the doctor.

Nice lad, but he spent most of his time rattling on about the treatment, pausing only to ask if I understood to which I replied no, not a lot.

So he started again until I said look, thanks very much doctor, but my assumption is that you know your stuff and if you don't then I am buggered anyway.

When I was a lad and if his opinion was questioned, our family doctor would turn to the various medical diplomas on his surgery wall and say, funny thing, I can't see your name on any of those certificates. Then the patients would go away and get better, largely because they were afraid not too.

This modern medication is all very well, but I want medics who have confidence in themselves, not some spotty bummed kid who wants to talk through the issues

Archived