DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Anyone been told to self isolate?

With a crooked smile

With a crooked smile

The NHS on my phone told me to self isolate this morning. 

Given I haven't actually been in close contact with anyone I've decided to delete the app from my phone. Take a Covid test and assuming it's negative and get on with my life. 

Views? 

• Agree 1

Shamone
1 minute ago, With a crooked smile said:

Views

Puts Big Brother on phone.

Gets pinged.

Deletes app.

Superb, sir.

• Lol 11

One percent

Given I haven't actually been in close contact with anyone I've decided to delete the app from my phone. Take a Covid test and assuming it's negative and get on with my life. 

Views? 

I wouldn’t take my phone out with me in the isolating period. Even though you have deleted the app I wouldn’t put it passed them to still be able to trace you. 

• Agree 8

With a crooked smile
1 minute ago, Shamone said:

Puts Big Brother on phone.

Gets pinged.

Deletes app.

Superb, sir.

True, until it pinged me I forgot it was there. Do you think Big Brother isn't watching you without the app? 

Done a fair bit of security cleared work. You'd be supprised how by much you are can be traced when required. 

• Informative 1

With a crooked smile
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

I wouldn’t take my phone out with me in the isolating period. Even though you have deleted the app I wouldn’t put it passed them to still be able to trace you. 

Understood. Short of me doing something to get me on their radar though they don't have the resources or inclination to follow this up. 

With a crooked smile
Posted (edited)

I live in a tiny village, I've not been inside anyone's house. We're literally talking about visits to petrol stations and shops none of which are packed. 

I think the reason it pinged (complete conjecture) was my stepson works in village pub. Chef was ill  but got negative covid test result stepson was then unwell probably with same thing. My stepson filled in the online forms and got a test kit. Did 3 tests all came back negative. 

4 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

don't bother with the test if you haven't been anywhere risky

Edited by With a crooked smile

11 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

Views? 

The fact that you are posting the statement shows that they already have some of your compliance; can you ever imagine being/behaving like this two years ago?....just delete and ignore based on the assumption "This must be one of those phishing emails the government has warned me about" :-)

• Agree 3
  • Lol 3

With a crooked smile

I should point out and it won't be popular here I've been double jabbed as has partner and stepson. 

One percent
6 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

Understood. Short of me doing something to get me on their radar though they don't have the resources or inclination to follow this up. 

I wouldn’t have thought so. There have been rumours of people being called to check they are obeying but my daughter has been pinged twice recently and no follow up 

With a crooked smile
1 minute ago, MrXxxx said:

can you ever imagine being/behaving like this two year

No not at all. Its like 'The Lives of Others' 

• Agree 1

One percent

I should point out and it won't be popular here I've been double jabbed as has partner and stepson. 

😱

2 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

So you (and the government) have nothing to `worry` about then, as we all know the vaccine is 100% effective as otherwise what would be the point in having it?.... so "I didn't bother responding to this message as I am fully vaccinated, so no longer a Covid threat" .....life is easy when you can use their own spin against them :-)

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

Get out and work down that bucket list!

You’ve no time to spare.

😉

• Lol 5

Caravan Monster

At this the point it's either endemic but not causing that many hospitalisations, or a grossly exaggerated number of 'cases' that aren't causing that many hospitalisations, the reporting and 'data' is so obfuscated it's difficult to be sure what's going on in the context of the 'epidemic' and in relation to individual health concerns (as highlighted by @dgul latest report https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/17477-pandemic-coming-coronavirus-june-2021-onwards-part-6/?do=findComment&comment=1191194 ) 

It's probably a good juncture at which to make some decisions about how you and yours are going to live with 'it'. Either you go with the drift of the current narrative that everything will go back to before times upon government pronouncement on July 19, or you don't believe it and plan according to your best guess. Keep the nhs app if the knowledge of having been in proximity to someone with a positive test result is of value, or if the app is the only key of entry to somewhere you want or need to go. Can't see a good reason to have it otherwise.

wherebee
1 hour ago, With a crooked smile said:

us unvaxxed do not discriminate.  We don't dislike you because you got jabbed, we dislike you because you are a) a 777th member, b) a boomer with a BTL, c) a climate change sheep d) a remainer sheep, etc etc.  Basically, if you are a cunt, we'll have a pop.  Getting vaxxed because you were too stupid to apply critical thinking skills is not being a cunt, it's being stupid.

• Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, wherebee said:

us unvaxxed do not discriminate.  We don't dislike you because you got jabbed, we dislike you because you are a) a 777th member, b) a boomer with a BTL, c) a climate change sheep d) a remainer sheep, etc etc.  Basically, if you are a cunt, we'll have a pop.  Getting vaxxed because you were too stupid to apply critical thinking skills is not being a cunt, it's being stupid.

Funny with an element of truth at the end :-)

King Penda
1 hour ago, With a crooked smile said:

Views? 

I’m struggling with why you even took the test .saying that I had to get the 2 year old tested Wednesday and nursery wanted a screenshot of the result .so in 15 months or so we have had 2 tests between 4 of us .I refused to put the app on my phone when I was working 

• Informative 2

Hancock
5 hours ago, With a crooked smile said:

Views? 

No, but within a week 3 restaurants i go to when working away have all temporarily closed for 10 days ... this has never happened before.

Change in strategy from Boris and that new stupid cunt health secretary.

5 hours ago, With a crooked smile said:

Views? 

Don't down the app, I never have and never do tests.

Increasingly I leave my phone at home, if I do need it and go a place with lots of people, I turn it off or leave in airplane mode.

Chewing Grass

They can quite easily make all this go away by reducing testing, this whole thing has been lead by the UK sticking a big flag up and marching from the front.

FFS the UK does 2x more testing per head of the population than the USA and 4x Germany in the world.

The UK was the first to throw ridiculous sums of money about, its almost like they were instructed to by the Banksters.

The ONLY number of any significance is people genuinely in Hospital and in my area that's 3 out of 250,000 and yet they are doing surge testing.

1676188745_Screenshotfrom2021-07-1015-10-14.thumb.png.144e63865d13b74cede8e604f81279f4.png

• Agree 7

Upsettah
7 hours ago, With a crooked smile said:

Views? 

Rational enough. Almost all of us here though, self included, have never downloaded the Police-State software in the first place.

What were you thinking?

• Lol 1