DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

"Oh dear"

Mouse

desertorchid
17 minutes ago, wherebee said:

You OK hun?  You sound...... cross.

*IthankyewI'llbehereallweek*

You could just watch the Life of Brian again to cheer you up

• Lol 1

I'm reminded of Pascal's gambit -- it won't do any harm and if you have faith surely it could help provide God's help / salvation.

But I'd suggest that it won't be enough in itself -- ie, the old 'Drowning man' theological joke.

• Agree 1

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, Mouse said:

It's hard to explain but I'm finding everything superficial, like I'm watching a film that I can't influence and an just watching everything unfold! I suppose time will tell what the future has in store for us but I'm quite resigned to whatever happens, or perhaps I am just going bonkers 😞

I feel the same but with everyone else having gone bonkers.

I don't think a bit of prayer and faith in some higher good is unwarranted right now.

• Agree 9

I think what tipped me over the edge was the 5 hour freemasons video, worryingly it all made perfect sense to me!

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 3

3 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I think what tipped me over the edge was the 5 hour freemasons video, worryingly it all made perfect sense to me!

Do you have a link?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

Well that's done it 🙈 Just spent the last 2 hours explaining to my oh why I feel the need to buy and wear my first ever crucifix. It all came out, the "vaccinations", WEF, human augmentation, where I think the world is heading and the current war between good and evil that I sense is being played out on a grand scale.

The good news is he listened to it all, is still talking to me and doesn't think I'm bonkers!

I wish I didn't feel this way and really hope it's all rubbish, but when the evidence is out there, even on your own government's website it's hard to discount it. I think it's opened oh's eyes a bit more to what's going on.

Sorry to unload on here but it's the only place that keeps me sane.

I completely understand what you mean

• Agree 4

Lightly Toasted
33 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'm reminded of Pascal's gambit -- it won't do any harm and if you have faith surely it could help provide God's help / salvation.

But I'd suggest that it won't be enough in itself -- ie, the old 'Drowning man' theological joke.

I see it as partly a comfort to the self but also as a sign to others, who will then feel less alone. Other faiths do similar with their tokens, and are collectively stronger for it.

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, Mouse said:

Well that's done it 🙈 Just spent the last 2 hours explaining to my oh why I feel the need to buy and wear my first ever crucifix. It all came out, the "vaccinations", WEF, human augmentation, where I think the world is heading and the current war between good and evil that I sense is being played out on a grand scale.

The good news is he listened to it all, is still talking to me and doesn't think I'm bonkers!

I wish I didn't feel this way and really hope it's all rubbish, but when the evidence is out there, even on your own government's website it's hard to discount it. I think it's opened oh's eyes a bit more to what's going on.

Sorry to unload on here but it's the only place that keeps me sane.

Ducks look calm floating on the surface but there's a lot going on under the water.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the reply heartease I totally get it. I've also been surprised at the feelings of spirituality I'm having at the moment as I've never been particularly religious. My oh was amazed that I'm wanting to get and wear a cross as it's come completely out of the blue, but it's something that I feel strongly I need to do!

Very strange times we're living in 

• Agree 5

Conniption
1 hour ago, Heart's Ease said:

A couple of weeks ago my mother in law - having patiently listened to me listing all the organisations and people I no longer trusted said - 'well who *do* you trust?' I said - 'I trust God'.

That was a weird weird moment. I did not expect *that* to come out of my mouth.  Have thought about it a fair bit and still weird.

The first time you are tapped on the shoulder by the Holy Spirit is an out-of-the-ordinary experience, but we are all living in out-of-the-ordinary times. It will begin to feel less and less strange as you go along. Let it happen. You will never lose anything you needed to hang on to anyway.

41 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Thanks for the reply heartease I totally get it. I've also been surprised at the feelings of spirituality I'm having at the moment as I've never been particularly religious. My oh was amazed that I'm wanting to get and wear a cross as it's come completely out of the blue, but it's something that I feel strongly I need to do! Very strange times we're living in 

We know who runs this realm. But they won't run it forever. Take comfort in this time and in what is naturally unfolding for you. You have been chosen and you have the ears and the will to hear what will be communicated to you by the Holy Spirit.

When you are ready, take this for a spin around the block:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 91&version=NIV

Edited by Conniption
  • Agree 5
  • Informative 3
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

Just spent the last 2 hours explaining to my oh why I feel the need to buy and wear my first ever crucifix.

The "world" loves Buddhism, Islam, Hari Krishna's, Sikhs, Judaism. All embraced and all protected.

The stand out religion that's open to be mocked and attacked is Christianity. Why is that? 

During Jesus 40 days/nights in the Desert, [email protected] offered all the worldly power and things to Jesus because they were his to give as the ruler of this "world".

301 Moved Permanently

• Agree 8
  • Cheers 1

Thanks again for the replies. I don't want to sound all corny but it is like I've had a revelation and can suddenly see everything very clearly, it also makes sense to me in this mixed up mess. The other "revelation" is that I'm not afraid!

• Agree 6
  • Cheers 5

Conniption
15 minutes ago, tlc said:

The "world" loves Buddhism, Islam, Hari Krishna's, Sikhs, Judaism. All embraced and all protected. The stand out religion that's open to be mocked and attacked is Christianity. Why is that? During Jesus 40 days/nights in the Desert, [email protected] offered all the worldly power and things to Jesus because they were his to give as the ruler of this "world".

301 Moved Permanently

tempt.thumb.jpg.8480e2ee465aaf75d1f570ee47781792.jpg

Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory; and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me."

Edited by Conniption
if the devil cannot rule it, he'll happily destroy it.
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, NTB said:

We are in a war with the Devil. God will win. I no longer have any doubt.

The words above are words I never expected to write.

Thanks NTB I could of written that myself, especially the last 2 lines. I feel like I understand "our" world now and don't like it very much.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Mouse said:

Thanks NTB I could of written that myself, especially the last 2 lines. I feel like I understand "our" world now and don't like it very much.

I think you will like where we are going. There are going to be some very dark days ahead that we have to get through before we emerge into the light and an awful lot of confused and lost people that we will have to guide. But the people will come together to rid the world of evil.

I'm going to have to try really hard not to enjoy this bit too much though.

told you so.jpg

• Agree 5
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

Heart's Ease
27 minutes ago, NTB said:

The words above are words I never expected to write.

Same (and @Mouse).

It is a very very strange turn in my life's path.

• Agree 3