• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Last Minute Holidays?

Recommended Posts

I think we've all heard urban legends of people getting really cheap holidays when they are booked at the last minute. Has anyone got any direct experience of this? I looked at lastminute.com and tbh they don't seem that cheap....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try Hotukdeals if you want to find some of the best package deals, although now off season so accommodation should not be a problem anywhere so as mentioned looked for cheap flights, depends whether you want specific destination or pot luck,

Just noticed one - 4 nights Venice/Florence split trip, £129 pp, min 2 person. Not bad at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never actually done a package deal ever on a holiday - obviously they must be worth it or nobody would bother but it's not something I've ever used.

I've got a big project coming to an end in about 3 weeks and then I've got 20 days leave to use before the end of the year. Be interesting to see what reccomendations pop up here. I figured the cheapest way would have been cheap flight + airBnB room (i.e. a room in a shared house, not an entire apartment).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I've never actually done a package deal ever on a holiday - obviously they must be worth it or nobody would bother but it's not something I've ever used.

I've got a big project coming to an end in about 3 weeks and then I've got 20 days leave to use before the end of the year. Be interesting to see what reccomendations pop up here. I figured the cheapest way would have been cheap flight + airBnB room (i.e. a room in a shared house, not an entire apartment).

Sri Lanka, before it gets over developed like everywhere else. Expensive to get there but cheap when out there. Masses to see. Combination of beach and travel / sights is really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago, I got flights, accommodation and a car for a week in Florida for four adults at £311 each 

this was June time as well

Edited by ad_ceng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

I've never actually done a package deal ever on a holiday - obviously they must be worth it or nobody would bother but it's not something I've ever used.

I've got a big project coming to an end in about 3 weeks and then I've got 20 days leave to use before the end of the year. Be interesting to see what reccomendations pop up here. I figured the cheapest way would have been cheap flight + airBnB room (i.e. a room in a shared house, not an entire apartment).

20 working days. That's a month. You're young. And you have no wife/children, nothing to give you any trouble or feelings of guilt. The only things you don't have are :-

1. The experience of being constrained for many years.(this adds considerably to the experience)

2. The confidence to realise that ALL men look like George Clooney to a girl from a different culture looking to improve her prospects.

I'm green with envy, though I've had my fair share perhaps. My suggestion would be to spend the time in the country where the dosbods massive say that the girls will make you feel like a sex god more than any other while at the same time accumulating a massive dose of Vitamin D to help pass the Belfast winter. There are loads to choose from - start a poll.....

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

20 working days. That's a month. You're young. And you have no wife/children, nothing to give you any trouble or feelings of guilt. The only things you don't have are :-

1. The experience of being constrained for many years.(this adds considerably to the experience)

2. The confidence to realise that ALL men look like George Clooney to a girl from a different culture looking to improve her prospects.

I'm green with envy, though I've had my fair share perhaps. My suggestion would be to spend the time in the country where the dosbods massive say that the girls will make you feel like a sex god more than any other while at the same time accumulating a massive dose of Vitamin D to help pass the Belfast winter. There are loads to choose from - start a poll.....

:D

Koh Samui, Thailand. Was a long time ago but as close to Paradise as I will ever get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

20 working days. That's a month. You're young. And you have no wife/children, nothing to give you any trouble or feelings of guilt. The only things you don't have are :-

1. The experience of being constrained for many years.(this adds considerably to the experience)

2. The confidence to realise that ALL men look like George Clooney to a girl from a different culture looking to improve her prospects.

I'm green with envy, though I've had my fair share perhaps. My suggestion would be to spend the time in the country where the dosbods massive say that the girls will make you feel like a sex god more than any other while at the same time accumulating a massive dose of Vitamin D to help pass the Belfast winter. There are loads to choose from - start a poll.....

:D

Somewhere sunny where the hookers are cheap, you mean. Well, it might be just what's needed to liven up my non-existent dating stories these last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Somewhere sunny where the hookers are cheap, you mean. Well, it might be just what's needed to liven up my non-existent dating stories these last few years.

Where the hookers are pretty, plentiful, and cheap, the non-hookers also have very different attitudes. It's one of the laws of nature(and economics). Also - define hooker. What is Miranda Kerr reputed by some to be - model, smart girl, hooker, or all of these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I've never actually done a package deal ever on a holiday - obviously they must be worth it or nobody would bother but it's not something I've ever used.

 

The worst deal ever was £199 for 2 weeks in Tunisia. Man that place is a shit hole! And the hotel was a shit hole 2!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

The worst deal ever was £199 for 2 weeks in Tunisia. Man that place is a shit hole! And the hotel was a shit hole 2!

Had a nice week there in a posh hotel on the cheap. Seem to remember paying about 60-70 quid per night for a massive family suite in an alleged 5 star (really 4 star). It was after the Arab spring but before the isis Beach attack. Wouldn't rave, it wasn't exciting, but very comfortable. Missus and I were propositioned by a dirty (but quite hot) young French couple, which is not something that has happened to us before or since, maybe that sort of thing happens all the time to some. My guess is they were a bit bored as well and wanted something more than a camel ride!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Missus and I were propositioned by a dirty (but quite hot) young French couple, which is not something that has happened to us before or since, maybe that sort of thing happens all the time to some. My guess is they were a bit bored as well and wanted something more than a camel ride!

^ looks like swissy is now the "thread hero". Sorry "Green Devil".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.