• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One percent

Dual standards in housing allocation

Recommended Posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4876282/Somalian-mother-son-chosen-live-bench.html

somalian bloke in his 20s and mother living on the streets homeless. 

London borough "begging" them to take a two bedroomed flat, which they refuse. 

Now, two issues:

  1. what contribution have they made to society that would entitle them to state support
  2. imagine that this was a 20 odd year old British bloke and his mum.  Say, for example he (or she) had served in the armed forces.  Would they be offered the same treatment? (Given that there are a lot of ex services on the streets)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4876282/Somalian-mother-son-chosen-live-bench.html

somalian bloke in his 20s and mother living on the streets homeless. 

London borough "begging" them to take a two bedroomed flat, which they refuse. 

Now, two issues:

  1. what contribution have they made to society that would entitle them to state support
  2. imagine that this was a 20 odd year old British bloke and his mum.  Say, for example he (or she) had served in the armed forces.  Would they be offered the same treatment? (Given that there are a lot of ex services on the streets)

There are a lot of Somalians in Bristol (and beats me why, never part of the Empire) and they are notorious with social housing providers for refusing point blank to have flats and demanding (free) houses.

These two are playing the same game and good to see that it isn't working this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

There are a lot of Somalians in Bristol (and beats me why, never part of the Empire) and they are notorious with social housing providers for refusing point blank to have flats and demanding (free) houses.

These two are playing the same game and good to see that it isn't working this time.

But why exactly are they being offered any state provided property frank?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, One percent said:

But why exactly are they being offered any state provided property frank?  

Because we have a "needs based" system that was brought in the 70s before immigration became the problem that is today.

I don't remotely agree with it but if you have a sixty year old ex soldier (man or woman) living on the streets than a Somalian immigrant single mother with a child will get housed before they do; them are the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Because we have a "needs based" system that was brought in the 70s before immigration became the problem that is today.

I don't remotely agree with it but if you have a sixty year old ex soldier (man or woman) living on the streets than a Somalian immigrant single mother with a child will get housed before they do; them are the rules.

Her "child" is in his 20s ffs. So, two adults. How do they spring to the top of the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Street homelss is points, though I agree that I don't think they'd rank that highly.

I wonder how well we would get on if we rocked up in America and started begging and sleeping on the streets?  

If there is not the political will to deport, they should just be moved on.  Continually. In the middle of the night. Every night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Her "child" is in his 20s ffs. So, two adults. How do they spring to the top of the list. 

I'd rather the pair have a 2 br flat than tie up 2 x 1 br flats. They were very foolish to refuse the 2 br flat.

If they turn down too many offered flats then they will be kicked off the register. Perhaps not a huge issue in London as they could probably join a register in a neighbouring borough.

The son (photographed pissing up against the library in one of the photos) looks well fed despite their predicament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

I'd rather the pair have a 2 br flat than tie up 2 x 1 br flats. They were very foolish to refuse the 2 br flat.

If they turn down too many offered flats then they will be kicked off the register. Perhaps not a huge issue in London as they could probably join a register in a neighbouring borough.

The son (photographed pissing up against the library in one of the photos) looks well fed despite their predicament.

I'd rather the two bedder and the one bedders are given to those who have either contributed or are likely to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I'd rather the two bedder and the one bedders are given to those who have either contributed or are likely to do so. 

Yes, I'd much prefer this too come to think of it. Like the single guy in a privately rented flat paying 47% of net income to his landlord. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculous, why are they even her?. They are a drain on limited resources which are taken from those born here who will have at least contributed something.

The country really needs a shake up. Immigration in the past filled a need. The current open door free for all WILL end in tears - probably ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, swissy_fit said:

Yes, why are there so many Somalis in the U.K.? Is it like the Kosovars in CH? (I.e. Asylum offered during their war for a few has turned into tens or hundreds of thousands (and surprise surprise, both Koranic cultures))

 

Did I read somewhere (here?) that the Dutch gave a lot of them European passports?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, One percent said:

I'd rather the two bedder and the one bedders are given to those who have either contributed or are likely to do so. 

I'd rather they fucked off back to Somalia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Did I read somewhere (here?) that the Dutch gave a lot of them European passports?  

Yes. Another reason we have to get out of EU. Large numbers of Somalies making their way here via Holland with EU passports, and we have to suck it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just over ten years ago I went into labour with my only child, I was 38.

JFK and I were directed to 4 bed bay. We were both fully paid up tax paying professionals.

The other 3 bays had expectant Somali mothers ALL with already HUGE young families. We just the two of us were shoved into a corner.

That was part of the beginning of JFK's and my red pilling.

Both of us were totally shocked....... at the time

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

I'd rather the pair have a 2 br flat than tie up 2 x 1 br flats. They were very foolish to refuse the 2 br flat.

If they turn down too many offered flats then they will be kicked off the register. Perhaps not a huge issue in London as they could probably join a register in a neighbouring borough.

The son (photographed pissing up against the library in one of the photos) looks well fed despite their predicament.

20 yr olds shouldn't have a flat.  They should be in shared accommodation.

[Sorry if that upsets those who are 20 yr olds -- but I had a fairly decent job and didn't move out of shared accommodation before it was in my late 20s.  It was fun as well, so not necessarily a negative thing, although I'm sure that sharing with a bunch of dossers could be a bit hard.  Still, more encouragement to get on with life.]

I would also suggest shared accommodation for single older people as well.  I've no idea why people think that it should be automatic that a feckless person should have a flat to themselves.  The reward for having a job and working hard would be that chance of an independent life.

[I also think that single mothers under 25 or so should be in shared maternal accommodation -- they could support one another, etc.  I am a bit mean, though.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dgul said:

20 yr olds shouldn't have a flat.  They should be in shared accommodation.

[Sorry if that upsets those who are 20 yr olds -- but I had a fairly decent job and didn't move out of shared accommodation before it was in my late 20s.  It was fun as well, so not necessarily a negative thing, although I'm sure that sharing with a bunch of dossers could be a bit hard.  Still, more encouragement to get on with life.]

I would also suggest shared accommodation for single older people as well.  I've no idea why people think that it should be automatic that a feckless person should have a flat to themselves.  The reward for having a job and working hard would be that chance of an independent life.

[I also think that single mothers under 25 or so should be in shared maternal accommodation -- they could support one another, etc.  I am a bit mean, though.]

New Local Housing Allowance claimants who are under 35 and single do now only get the rate for a room in a shared house rather than a flat.

I also had a room in a shared house up to the age of 26; I didn't mind at all but same as you this was with friends.

A friend was doing a PhD and had less salubrious companions; and a lock on his door.  He had many stories but the best (when you're hearing it second hand) was when one of the others knocked on his door to see if he could "borrow" £5.  He noticed he was soaking wet and asked why this was (as it wasn't raining): "Oh, I've just been trying to drown myself in the bath".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

New Local Housing Allowance claimants who are under 35 and single do now only get the rate for a room in a shared house rather than a flat.

I also had a room in a shared house up to the age of 26; I didn't mind at all but same as you this was with friends.

A friend was doing a PhD and had less salubrious companions; and a lock on his door.  He had many stories but the best (when you're hearing it second hand) was when one of the others knocked on his door to see if he could "borrow" £5.  He noticed he was soaking wet and asked why this was (as it wasn't raining): "Oh, I've just been trying to drown myself in the bath".

What is deeply worrying about this is not that the state will not fund someone under 35 to live in a flat, rather that a young single person cannot get a job that pays enough to support them.  Anyone working full time should be paid sufficient to enable them to house themselves in reasonable accommodation, feed and clothe them and leave them enough left that they are able to have some enjoyment in life. 

Anything less than this and it demonstrates quite clearly that society is not working as it should. This should be the basic measure of any civilised society. That the establishment have convinced us that this is not so is quite frankly shocking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

What is deeply worrying about this is not that the state will not fund someone under 35 to live in a flat, rather that a young single person cannot get a job that pays enough to support them.  Anyone working full time should be paid sufficient to enable them to house themselves in reasonable accommodation, feed and clothe them and leave them enough left that they are able to have some enjoyment in life. 

Anything less than this and it demonstrates quite clearly that society is not working as it should. This should be the basic measure of any civilised society. That the establishment have convinced us that this is not so is quite frankly shocking. 

I wonder if it is because politicians in general are from wealthy backgrounds so don't really see the issue.  Unemployment is low, house prices are increasing, labour costs are cheap for business.  What's not to like?

If you are genuinely on your own financially - no bank of mum and dad - and are doing an average or low wage job and living in a shared house at 25 (as I was) the big difference now is that you are going to have very little prospect of getting out of it.  The rental prices for a bog standard flat are huge; forget saving enough for a deposit as you don't have the spare income to save.  So you could very well be still living in that shared house at 35, 45, 55, and even 65 unless you are in a career which will see you get substantial pay rises.

That's not a lot to look forward to. 

I didn't mind being unable to buy a new pair of jeans when I was a student or do better than living in a shared house for five years after that because most of my peers were in the same boat and there was a clear and reasonable expectation that this was a temporary stage and that most people would be living in their own purchased house or flat at thirty; as most were (and this was in London).  This also meant that there was no desperate rush to buy somewhere or any showing off having bought as it didn't seem that big a deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I wonder if it is because politicians in general are from wealthy backgrounds so don't really see the issue.  Unemployment is low, house prices are increasing, labour costs are cheap for business.  What's not to like?

If you are genuinely on your own financially - no bank of mum and dad - and are doing an average or low wage job and living in a shared house at 25 (as I was) the big difference now is that you are going to have very little prospect of getting out of it.  The rental prices for a bog standard flat are huge; forget saving enough for a deposit as you don't have the spare income to save.  So you could very well be still living in that shared house at 35, 45, 55, and even 65 unless you are in a career which will see you get substantial pay rises.

That's not a lot to look forward to. 

I didn't mind being unable to buy a new pair of jeans when I was a student or do better than living in a shared house for five years after that because most of my peers were in the same boat and there was a clear and reasonable expectation that this was a temporary stage and that most people would be living in their own purchased house or flat at thirty; as most were (and this was in London).  This also meant that there was no desperate rush to buy somewhere or any showing off having bought as it didn't seem that big a deal.

Good post Frank.  The central issue here is of prospects. Yes, we have all Ives hand to mouth and gone without when young.  But we knew that if we studied hard, worked hard, the things would become easier as we progressed up the ladder into better paid jobs.  

It seems that careers have flattened out and there is little career progression for many. Those jobs at the bottom are where a lot will stay.  Then, this is compounded by the mad price for accommodation which puts home ownership out of the reach of many.

i guess you are right that MPs do not comprehend that this is a problem. If so, we really do need a new crop.  A crop drawn from the ordinary working classes who can see what the problems are with their mad social experiments and then do something to change things for the better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is legislation that could be utilised to deal with this behaviour - the Vagrancy Act. As they have been offered a route out of their vagrancy and have turned this down, they are now willingly committing this crime and should be prosecuted.

Also, the reasonable authorities could draw up a new piece of legislation - the Deportation Act - making it possible to deport anyone who is convicted of a crime back to their home country.

Ideally, some bright spark would apply both pieces of legislation and send these useless cunts back to Somalia with all the other useless cunts.

Stop squatting in our high-functioning, law-abiding, intelligent, creative, productive society you degenerate animals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4876282/Somalian-mother-son-chosen-live-bench.html

somalian bloke in his 20s and mother living on the streets homeless. 

London borough "begging" them to take a two bedroomed flat, which they refuse. 

Now, two issues:

  1. what contribution have they made to society that would entitle them to state support
  2. imagine that this was a 20 odd year old British bloke and his mum.  Say, for example he (or she) had served in the armed forces.  Would they be offered the same treatment? (Given that there are a lot of ex services on the streets)

 

15 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Ridiculous, why are they even her?. They are a drain on limited resources which are taken from those born here who will have at least contributed something.

The country really needs a shake up. Immigration in the past filled a need. The current open door free for all WILL end in tears - probably ours.

 

15 hours ago, GARCH said:

I'd rather they fucked off back to Somalia.

All of the above.

What exactly are they (and all the other fucking dregs of the arse-end of the world allowed into this country under the insane immigration policy of the last 20 years) contributing to this society? Besides more benefit vouchers kids , drains on the state (education , translation services, 'support workers', more teaching assistants to cope with large classes, NHS services (see the mention of how when our youngest was born at St Marys in manc and the whole ward was somali families with MINIMUM 3 other kids), infrastructure.

Just fuck off, I'm at boiling point typing this.

 

15 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Yes. Another reason we have to get out of EU. Large numbers of Somalies making their way here via Holland with EU passports, and we have to suck it up.

Yeah, Brexit can't come quicker.  In reality these people are economic migrants. They are not refugees fleeing war, time to fuck off now.

 

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

New Local Housing Allowance claimants who are under 35 and single do now only get the rate for a room in a shared house rather than a flat.

I also had a room in a shared house up to the age of 26; I didn't mind at all but same as you this was with friends.

A friend was doing a PhD and had less salubrious companions; and a lock on his door.  He had many stories but the best (when you're hearing it second hand) was when one of the others knocked on his door to see if he could "borrow" £5.  He noticed he was soaking wet and asked why this was (as it wasn't raining): "Oh, I've just been trying to drown myself in the bath".

Yes, the 'child' is in his 20s, off you trot.

 

... I'm amazed at the story of this 'family', they are fucking taking the piss.

Recently a load of homeless people were camping out under the mancunian way on oxford road in manc. The city council got the police to move them on and regularly homeless people's stuff is binned ... why the fuck aren't these twats moved on?  You try pissing in the street, the filth will lift you for public order offence.

Turned down housing, well tough.  What are you living on? Just fucking hose them off the streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JFK said:

 

 

All of the above.

What exactly are they (and all the other fucking dregs of the arse-end of the world allowed into this country under the insane immigration policy of the last 20 years) contributing to this society? Besides more benefit vouchers kids , drains on the state (education , translation services, 'support workers', more teaching assistants to cope with large classes, NHS services (see the mention of how when our youngest was born at St Marys in manc and the whole ward was somali families with MINIMUM 3 other kids), infrastructure.

Just fuck off, I'm at boiling point typing this.

 

Yeah, Brexit can't come quicker.  In reality these people are economic migrants. They are not refugees fleeing war, time to fuck off now.

 

Yes, the 'child' is in his 20s, off you trot.

 

... I'm amazed at the story of this 'family', they are fucking taking the piss.

Recently a load of homeless people were camping out under the mancunian way on oxford road in manc. The city council got the police to move them on and regularly homeless people's stuff is binned ... why the fuck aren't these twats moved on?  You try pissing in the street, the filth will lift you for public order offence.

Turned down housing, well tough.  What are you living on? Just fucking hose them off the streets.

I hear you.  Me too.  

  • Every time I look at my wage slip I wonder
  • every time the fucking establishment tell me I can't retire
  • every time I look at my kids and the uni debt
  • every time I look at my kids and realise that even though they are hard working and have good jobs, they will never own their own homes

then I look at these gimmigrants and think wtf, what is going on? 

Fucking bollocks and madness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What gets me is that being tough on people like this is an obvious vote winner. If the tories or Labour brought in legislation to get rid of people like this they'd win General Elections by landslides.

Top rated comment beneath this article in the Daily Mail is:

"Wtf do they want, ex homeless servicemen should be in the queue before these people !" 11,314 up votes and 264 down votes.

Next best comment is:

"Britain is being dragged back to Victorian times. Homeless Somalians should be returned to Somalia." 9,108 up votes and 203 down votes.

Any political party that got tough with asylum seekers etc would get those votes and millions of others.

 

Let's be honest, who really gives a fuck about living conditions for Somalians in Somalia? Does anyone ever hear down the pub "those poor Somalians don't have electricity and don't even have a nearby Costa". So why should we give a fuck about a Somalian that happens to have made it to the UK?




 




 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.