Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Just had a text from the NHS


humdrum
 Share

Recommended Posts

humdrum

It says carry on wearing masks and maintaining social distancing and don't reply to the text. So since I can't reply fuck you Boris, you are not only a lying fat bastard, but stupid with it, does anyone have any ideas as to who else I can vote for? I am pretty easy on the matter provided the chap or chapess is pro Brexit and anti compulsory snot rags

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

humdrum
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

They sent you a text at this time of night?

 

And they probably thought I was going to take notice.

Not a bad bunch the NHS, but a bit naive :)

Edited by humdrum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carl Fimble
8 minutes ago, humdrum said:

And they probably thought I was going to take notice.

Not a bad bunch the NHS, but a bit naive :)

Really? At almost midnight the NHS sent you a text?!?

How very rude, don't they know you can schedule texts to arrive whether you want? 

I never text or phone after 8pm, unless it's someone I know will be fine with it, or they've initiated the chat. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

humdrum
2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Really? At almost midnight the NHS sent you a text?!?

How very rude, don't they know you can schedule texts to arrive whether you want? 

I never text or phone after 8pm, unless it's someone I know will be fine with it, or they've initiated the chat. 

No doubt, but none of that detracts from the fact that I won't be voting for fattie again.

So, who else?

As said earlier, provided they are anti masks and pro Brexit I am easy.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carl Fimble
2 hours ago, humdrum said:

No doubt, but none of that detracts from the fact that I won't be voting for fattie again.

So, who else?

As said earlier, provided they are anti masks and pro Brexit I am easy.

Patriotic Alternative, if they're ever even allowed to become an official political party.

I'll never vote for LibLabConSNP again, independents maybe?

Edited by Carl Fimble
Sp
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whowhywhen?

I think it will be many years before I DON'T s(p)oil my voting slip.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have very little power through the vote, it is mostly a charade to placate the public *most of the time. The exception would be Brexit, I was amazed they let that one happen to be honest, though there was spent several years post vote trying to overturn it.

In the UK many of those who rise to membership of parliament within the main LIBLABCON parties are tightly controlled by various means or have sworn oaths to get there. Any group of people outside of this structure such as Patriotic Alternative will never be allowed to become an official party, more likely they will be deemed a terrorist organisation and banned. They would be the party I would vote for but until we have a choice like that I don't think I will even turn up to spoil the ballot.

Democracy is mostly a false choice because of the way power works, especially in the UK. The trust system was invented here, and we allow secret societies to legally run their own networks in everything from police to government. These systems of control are not infallible, but just understand that when voting this is what you are up against.

  • Agree 8
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

humdrum
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rookie said:

We have very little power through the vote, it is mostly a charade to placate the public *most of the time.

That is no doubt true, but such modicum of effect I can exert via the ballot box I will endeavor to exert.

I wonder if Priti Patel is thinking of setting up her own party?

Edited by humdrum
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, humdrum said:

That is no doubt true, but such modicum of effect I can exert via the ballot box I will endeavor to exert.

I wonder if Priti Patel is thinking of setting up her own party?

Yes you are right to do so.

What Priti Patel says and what she does are two very different things. She was also silly enough to be caught having unauthorised meetings in Isreal on works time, she is without doubt part of what I am talking about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.psa.ac.uk/sites/default/files/976_497.pdf

Quote

Each voter generally has one, and only one, vote which allows citizens to transmit one or two bits of information to the government at each electoral cycle [20]. It is impossible to convey the electorate’s mindset using one bit per electoral cycle

I once read that, if you "do the math", a lifetime of voting gives you just enough bits to spell the word "help".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

humdrum
3 minutes ago, apples said:

https://www.psa.ac.uk/sites/default/files/976_497.pdf

I once read that, if you "do the math", a lifetime of voting gives you just enough bits to spell the word "help".

 

True, but I have also read that decisions are made by those that show up. So should Boris show up at my door I will say fuck off fattie, I am voting for Priti Patel.

Admittedly Ms Patel is putting on the pounds as well, but hopefully BoJo will retain sufficient gentlemanly instincts so as not to mention that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, humdrum said:

I have also read that decisions are made by those that show up. So should Boris show up at my door I will say fuck off fattie, I am voting for Priti Patel.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still making decisions. Just not via the ballot box.

You can vote with your money and vote with your feet. You don't need Boris (or any other politician) to show up at your door to tell him to fuck off. A letter (use a discarded mask if you have no paper) works great :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

humdrum
4 minutes ago, apples said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm still making decisions. Just not via the ballot box.

You can vote with your money and vote with your feet. You don't need Boris (or any other politician) to show up at your door to tell him to fuck off. A letter (use a discarded mask if you have no paper) works great :)

Well, I bought a mask when this kerfuffle started 18 month ago so maybe I should send that to Boris. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

eta-carinae

I just had a text from my local church. They asked me to keep on making the sign of the cross before heading out of the house each morning to "help prevent the virus and protect each other".

They want me to do this for reasons of decency*, common sense*, even if it helps the tiniest amount*, because I'm used to doing it*, because it only takes a few seconds*, because it provides reassurance*, because it doesn't inconvenience me*, to help protect our hardworking NHS*.

*=all heard from public bodies, MPs and officials in the last week.

  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, eta-carinae said:

I just had a text from my local church. They asked me to keep on making the sign of the cross before heading out of the house each morning to "help prevent the virus and protect each other".

They want me to do this for reasons of decency*, common sense*, even if it helps the tiniest amount*, because I'm used to doing it*, because it only takes a few seconds*, because it provides reassurance*, because it doesn't inconvenience me*, to help protect our hardworking NHS*.

*=all heard from public bodies, MPs and officials in the last week.

Check out this jackass.

 

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

eta-carinae
5 minutes ago, eight said:

Check out this jackass.

 

Ha! Would you believe it I was watching that live yesterday and thinking of it when writing the above... real doublethink in action there.

I've noticed an inverse correlation with the attempt-to-sound-authoritative Tony Blair-style "look...." before every sentence and how much sense they make, how much I trust them and how authoritative they actually sound. 

Edited by eta-carinae
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's embarassing how wet and illogical our MP's come across  when called upon to defend the false reality they have manufactured.

They are a special breed aren't they, politicians?

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caravan Monster

Had a new one from the local GP saying if you're allowed into the surgery, coof masks are compulsory and everything remains the same. Yay 'Freedom' Day xD

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

eta-carinae

Trade counter: 50% masked, some under the nose, some under the chin. Plenty of signs saying "respect individual choice". I tried. 

Cornershop Londis: had a reputation for screeching overweight harpies demanding I follow the arrows in the empty store, now has a sign saying "After 19 July it's STILL, no MASK, no ENTRY, no EXCEPTIONS." all written crudely on a massive sheet of paper taped over the door. I will continue to never go there again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upsettah
3 hours ago, eta-carinae said:

Trade counter: 50% masked, some under the nose, some under the chin. Plenty of signs saying "respect individual choice". I tried. 

Cornershop Londis: had a reputation for screeching overweight harpies demanding I follow the arrows in the empty store, now has a sign saying "After 19 July it's STILL, no MASK, no ENTRY, no EXCEPTIONS." all written crudely on a massive sheet of paper taped over the door. I will continue to never go there again.

Jesus, my local Londis has been a beacon of rationality thoughout this shitshow!! Looks like you just got unlucky!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...