DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Flu death info?

sarahbell

sarahbell

https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-information/data-collections-and-data-sets/data-collections/icu-hdu-influenza-surveillance

ICU-HDU Influenza Surveillance: RETIRED

A national mandatory collection, the UK Severe Influenza Surveillance System (USISS) is operating to report the number of confirmed influenza cases admitted to Intensive Care Units (ICU) and High Dependency Units (HDU) and number of confirmed influenza deaths in ICU/HDU across England.

USISS Mandatory Through the USISS mandatory scheme, a total of 3,157 ICU/HDU admissions of confirmed influenza were reported across the UK from week 40 2018 to week 15 2019, including 312 deaths, based on combined data from England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

In England, the total number of influenza confirmed admissions to ICU/HDU was 2,924 from 140 NHS acute trusts (mean weekly incidence of 0.21 per 100,000 trust population) with 273 influenza deaths in ICU during the same period (Figure 17). The cumulative number of cases and deaths were slightly lower compared to the 2017 to 2018 season (3,245 cases (mean weekly incidence of 0.20 per 100,000) and 330 deaths) but higher than the 2016 to 2017 season (992 cases (mean weekly incidence of 0.06 per 100, 000) and 112 deaths) in England (Figure 17). The case fatality rate (proportion of ICU/HDU influenza cases which have died due to influenza) was 9.3% (273/2,924) based on data from week 40 2018 to week 15 2019. This compares with a case-fatality rate of 10.2% (330/3,245) in the previous 2017 to 2018 season.

So do people die of flu at home?

image.png.8cadee5d19eec218cba2a1ff6d297bb1.png

sarahbell

image.thumb.png.76a1544dd1eb1b3cf9a23e2a1b539216.png

I think my point is: 

Boris points out only old people die and questions locking down for everyone isn't a bad thing really. We do not lock down for flu which kills many old people each year (normally)

Old people die. That's science. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

spygirl

They are shroud waving on this winters flu deaths.

I doubt itl ramp up much.

Covid is - or has - wiping out the weak.

Just now, sarahbell said:

image.thumb.png.76a1544dd1eb1b3cf9a23e2a1b539216.png

I think my point is: 

Boris points out only old people die and questions locking down for everyone isn't a bad thing really. We do not lock down for flu which kills many old people each year (normally)

Old people die. That's science. 

Thats life ....

If flu doesnt get them, a fish bone will.

• Agree 2

sarahbell
1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Thats life ....

Death and taxes.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Thats life ....

Or a hazardously placed rollerskate on the stairs.