DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

It's whizzing along!

Mouse

swiss_democracy_for_all

Not as much as it should - 234k signatures isn't as many as I would have expected. Perhaps people prefer totalitarianism as long as they can convince themselves it's "all for their own good."

Anyway signed - I still can as a UK citizen, despite being expat.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Not as much as it should - 234k signatures isn't as many as I would have expected. Perhaps people prefer totalitarianism as long as they can convince themselves it's "all for their own good."

Anyway signed - I still can as a UK citizen, despite being expat.

Lack of awareness/publicity probably.

Neither my girlfriend or my Mum (both of whom support the petition) would have been aware of it until I showed it to them.

Edited by Borza
spelling
  • Agree 1

JoeDavola
5 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Perhaps people prefer totalitarianism as long as they can convince themselves it's "all for their own good."

They 100% do.

That has been the biggest shock to me over all this. Practically nobody I know in real life has voiced any concern about the amount of government control.

I'm glad this got as many as 250K sigs as it shows that there's at least some people left in the UK that like freedom and don't wish to be treated like livestock.

• Agree 4

Signed it, signed many of these over the years but expect nothing. Eventually realised the petition system is an effective way to control opposition. Give them an outlet, the appearance of having a voice in parliament to stop them doing anything that would really make a difference :ph34r:

• Agree 8

10 hours ago, feed said:

first on the list for the camps. 

Or influence Government policy? 

_20210722_040205.JPG

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

fishman

Over the last few months I have managed to build some semblance of a communication channel with my local Tory MP. Just sent him an email on this subject - don't want to blow my own trumpet but it was bloody good. Every little helps.

Will make some crowd funding donations today as well. Time to start making a stand now in any way possible - shit got real. 

Angry posts in the dosbods echo chamber all well and good but not actually achieving anything.

• Agree 11

4 hours ago, muggle said:

Or influence Government policy? 

_20210722_040205.JPG

The Labour party aren't coming to the rescue on this.  The only way Digital IDs fail is with mass civil disobedience and no one using them.   And with the number of morons using the NHS app, i don't see that happening.  

Not discouraging anyone from signing this, but don't get too excited about its prospects. These other petitions have more "votes" than this one:

Other closed petitions that achieved the square root of fuck all:

This response was given on 11 September 2020

There are currently no plans to place restrictions on those who refuse to have any potential Covid-19 vaccine.

This response was given on 3 March 2021

The Government is reviewing whether COVID-status certificates could play a role in reopening parts of our economy, reducing restrictions on social contact and improving safety.

Edited by apples
  • Informative 4

Chewing Grass

Yeah, but all those petitions are not live, other than the social media one.

It is however a gauge that plenty others share the same view.

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Yeah, but all those petitions are not live, other than the social media one.

It is however a gauge that plenty others share the same view.

Precisely. The governbankment know that if 280,000 people can be arsed to sign a petition, there's going to be a lot more than that against their policy.

• Agree 5

swiss_democracy_for_all
On 21/07/2021 at 19:11, JoeDavola said:

They 100% do.

That has been the biggest shock to me over all this. Practically nobody I know in real life has voiced any concern about the amount of government control.

I'm glad this got as many as 250K sigs as it shows that there's at least some people left in the UK that like freedom and don't wish to be treated like livestock.

The Pass Sanitaire in France has made a lot of people unhappy, I’m relieved to say. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The Grey Man
15 hours ago, apples said:

Not discouraging anyone from signing this, but don't get too excited about its prospects. These other petitions have more "votes" than this one:

Other closed petitions that achieved the square root of fuck all:

Very true.

In this case and others, every little helps.

There is no knock out blow.

• Agree 2