DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Brown people and money

spygirl

Dont do it kids!

NMC Health founder accuses banks, auditor and former chief of six-year fraud

Lawyers for Indian-born tycoon BR Shetty claim he had been victim of ‘debt-fuelled Ponzi scheme’

https://www.ft.com/content/91317ad0-40aa-4dd7-91ca-3e1c17853a87

The founder of NMC Health has accused its fired chief executive, auditor EY and two banks of conspiring in a six-year fraud in an $8bn legal claim launched last week.

In a court document filed in New York, lawyers for BR Shetty claimed that the Indian-born tycoon had been defrauded through a “debt-fuelled Ponzi scheme” involving fictitious invoices, artificial inflation of the healthcare group’s revenues and the siphoning off of funds for personal gain.

The claim alleges that audit firm EY, alongside Bank of Baroda — one of India’s largest lenders — and Netherlands-based Credit Europe Bank, was central to a “co-ordinated and deliberate conspiracy” in which more than $5bn was stolen from companies in Shetty’s business empire.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Dont do it kids!

NMC Health founder accuses banks, auditor and former chief of six-year fraud

Lawyers for Indian-born tycoon BR Shetty claim he had been victim of ‘debt-fuelled Ponzi scheme’

https://www.ft.com/content/91317ad0-40aa-4dd7-91ca-3e1c17853a87

The founder of NMC Health has accused its fired chief executive, auditor EY and two banks of conspiring in a six-year fraud in an $8bn legal claim launched last week.

In a court document filed in New York, lawyers for BR Shetty claimed that the Indian-born tycoon had been defrauded through a “debt-fuelled Ponzi scheme” involving fictitious invoices, artificial inflation of the healthcare group’s revenues and the siphoning off of funds for personal gain.

The claim alleges that audit firm EY, alongside Bank of Baroda — one of India’s largest lenders — and Netherlands-based Credit Europe Bank, was central to a “co-ordinated and deliberate conspiracy” in which more than $5bn was stolen from companies in Shetty’s business empire.

Not really sure why you needed to bring colour into this, in my world its white people running the nation who are the worst thieving bastards.

1 minute ago, Hancock said:

Not really sure why you needed to bring colour into this, in my world its white people running the nation who are the worst thieving bastards.

The number of previous and current dodgy dealing involving Indians is getting the scale.

32 minutes ago, spygirl said:

No, Indians in the UK.

Weve got quite as run of them at the mo.

Im sure they're as keen as any other to get their snout in the trough.

Middle and upper class whiteys are still the worst though.

goldbug9999

In terms of general cultural honesty and integrity norms I've never had a problem with indians. Eastern europeans on the other hand are generally a bunch scamming lazy fuckers for the most part with anything Ex USSR being the worst. 

17 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

In terms of general cultural honesty and integrity norms I've never had a problem with indians. Eastern europeans on the other hand are generally a bunch scamming lazy fuckers for the most part with anything Ex USSR being the worst. 

Ever been to Bulgaria? - at least with the Russians I've met I know where I stand... 

1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

When working in the Middle East, it is middle class Indians who treat working class Indians like slaves.

Central Europeans like the Poles are fine ... but my former Bulgarian business partner once said if there is any people on earth he does not trust it is Bulgarians!

PatronizingGit

I've heard indian women are terrible when it comes to being social climbers. Like that Family guy stereotype of Jewish women constantly belittling their husbands for not earning enough etc, so will Indian women henpeck their husbands if the neighbour has a newer Mercedes etc.

Of course, this is all very convenient for Globo Homo/Conservatism, inc. who get a nation of rat-race obsessed automatons, think about the GDP and all, but a decent, pleasant, liveable society, I think not. 

A lot seem to have a hyancinth bucket on steroids kind of snobbery thing going on, too.

leonardratso
20 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

I've heard indian women are terrible when it comes to being social climbers. Like that Family guy stereotype of Jewish women constantly belittling their husbands for not earning enough etc, so will Indian women henpeck their husbands if the neighbour has a newer Mercedes etc.

Of course, this is all very convenient for Globo Homo/Conservatism, inc. who get a nation of rat-race obsessed automatons, think about the GDP and all, but a decent, pleasant, liveable society, I think not. 

A lot seem to have a hyancinth bucket on steroids kind of snobbery thing going on, too.

i saw her the other day as a really young woman on a film (she sounded exactly the same) ... richard....

To Sir, with Love image

leonardratso

48tb is a bit excessive

enough for a web server?

Im starting a new thread 'eskimos and money (may include chins)'

• 2 weeks later...
With a crooked smile
On 23/07/2021 at 15:37, eek said:

Ever been to Bulgaria? - at least with the Russians I've met I know where I stand.

My dad was a partner for one of the big 4 accountancy firms in London. A long time ago someone he knew in business went to negatiate some sort of waste contract in Bulgaria. The bloke he met that apparently was a big cheese over there put a holstered revolver on that table nonchalantly but obviously as a vailed threat. 

The person my dad knew never went back to Bulgaria. 

42 minutes ago, With a crooked smile said:

My dad was a partner for one of the big 4 accountancy firms in London. A long time ago someone he knew in business went to negatiate some sort of waste contract in Bulgaria. The bloke he met that apparently was a big cheese over there put a holstered revolver on that table nonchalantly but obviously as a vailed threat. 

The person my dad knew never went back to Bulgaria. 

Years ago (early 00s), when Russia was a place to earn $$$$$$$$$$$, the company I was working with at the time piled in.

I'd just gone up the stairs when 2 blokes burst into reception in the painfully expensive and shit leased offices and shot it up with automatics.

Angry milkman not been paid.......

On 24/07/2021 at 09:37, PatronizingGit said:

it makes sense in evolutionary terms in india though.  you either rose, or you starved.

• 1 month later...

Topical

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fuel-giant-on-the-brink-of-collapse-k9f9zxbr5

The Stanlow oil refinery in Ellesmere Port, which supplies about a sixth of Britain’s road fuel, is in urgent talks with HM Revenue & Customs over hundreds of millions of pounds it has to start repaying this week unless it can agree a new deal

https://www.easterneye.biz/ruia-brothers-took-518m-dividends-from-ailing-stanlow-oil-refinery-since-2017/

Ruia brothers took dividends worth £518m from ailing Stanlow oil refinery since 2017

5 hours ago, spygirl said:

Topical

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fuel-giant-on-the-brink-of-collapse-k9f9zxbr5

The Stanlow oil refinery in Ellesmere Port, which supplies about a sixth of Britain’s road fuel, is in urgent talks with HM Revenue & Customs over hundreds of millions of pounds it has to start repaying this week unless it can agree a new deal

https://www.easterneye.biz/ruia-brothers-took-518m-dividends-from-ailing-stanlow-oil-refinery-since-2017/

Ruia brothers took dividends worth £518m from ailing Stanlow oil refinery since 2017

Result.

leonardratso

wonder if he used his 'Im dave from brentwood, how was coronation street last night, up the arsenal' indian call center crib sheet on that call.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ft.com/content/7596131c-a4bc-43f2-94a3-2fcf369bd518

Tax officials in the UK have managed to seize £26.5m previously claimed in furlough cash by an obscure self-styled entrepreneur whose non-existent business record was highlighted by the Financial Times last month. Granting HM Revenue & Customs a forfeiture order over five accounts at Nationwide building society at Cardiff magistrates’ court on Monday, District Judge Shomon Khan described the amounts involved as “eye-watering” and of “grave concern to the public”. The accounts were controlled by Rajanish Garibe, believed to be a 44-year-old Indian national, who used four companies to access furlough funds. The court heard that Garibe allegedly invented seven employees when the UK’s £70bn furlough scheme was introduced in response to the Covid-19 crisis and then proceeded to use thousands of national insurance numbers that were either fake or stolen to gain access to state funds.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/-9-nj3_qt5AQecgwyyxN7cAq-os/appointments

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

https://www.ft.com/content/7596131c-a4bc-43f2-94a3-2fcf369bd518

Tax officials in the UK have managed to seize £26.5m previously claimed in furlough cash by an obscure self-styled entrepreneur whose non-existent business record was highlighted by the Financial Times last month. Granting HM Revenue & Customs a forfeiture order over five accounts at Nationwide building society at Cardiff magistrates’ court on Monday, District Judge Shomon Khan described the amounts involved as “eye-watering” and of “grave concern to the public”. The accounts were controlled by Rajanish Garibe, believed to be a 44-year-old Indian national, who used four companies to access furlough funds. The court heard that Garibe allegedly invented seven employees when the UK’s £70bn furlough scheme was introduced in response to the Covid-19 crisis and then proceeded to use thousands of national insurance numbers that were either fake or stolen to gain access to state funds.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/-9-nj3_qt5AQecgwyyxN7cAq-os/appointments

You have to respect the audacity 

Archived