DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Who fishes?

sarahbell

Cunning plan by the Lakeside Cafe, as we know where most newcomers  might become frequent visitors to, however if you've not tried it why not, you may actually enjoy it.  The things I enjoyed as a kid I am returning to as I wind down work.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

sarahbell
5 hours ago, onlyme said:

Cunning plan by the Lakeside Cafe, as we know where most newcomers  might become frequent visitors to, however if you've not tried it why not, you may actually enjoy it.  The things I enjoyed as a kid I am returning to as I wind down work.

I have no time spare!

Kurt Barlow

My cousins wife took up fishing.

Primarily so she could shag the bloke she was having an affair with. 

• Lol 5

Van Lady

I went coarse fishing at Garstang? for the first time at a canal with my second ex husband.

He was quite upset that when my rod was on a rest while cooking breakfast I caught a huge bream…biggest catch of the day! I caught a few more fish and one eel. 

I couldn’t handle removing the hook from them to return them to water and he done it.

I’m not against catching fish to eat then whacking them hard to dispatch quickly and see the attraction of that. Around my area it’s mainly salmon and trout fishing but put them back policy or keep one? due to low stocks in rivers.

If I had to I could catch a fish to eat but having a walk then sitting at the sea, a river or canal and enjoying the peace and quiet plus seeing/hearing birds or watching fish jumping etc does me fine in life.

It’s like golf….tried that too but just prefer a walk.

Libspero

Sounds like a good ploy to try and draw more ladies into the club tea room to prop up the sales of overpriced latte and carrot cake o.O

Looking at the average “mum” outside the school gates..  it’s hard to imagine any of them running down to the river after the school drop off and willingly covering themselves in mud and fish slime. Most of them go to great efforts just to avoid stepping in the grass O.o

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 hours ago, Libspero said:

Sounds like a good ploy to try and draw more ladies into the club tea room to prop up the sales of overpriced latte and carrot cake o.O

Looking at the average “mum” outside the school gates..  it’s hard to imagine any of them running down to the river after the school drop off and willingly covering themselves in mud and fish slime. Most of them go to great efforts just to avoid stepping in the grass O.o

Female fisherpersons are rarer than men, but they have the reputation of being the best, in the fly-fishing world at least, I've even heard it suggested that the hormones make a difference to the fish!

Pretty sure that both the biggest and the second biggest ever salmon caught on a fly in UK rivers were caught by women.

• Informative 1

Green Devil
11 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Female fisherpersons are rarer than men, but they have the reputation of being the best, in the fly-fishing world at least, I've even heard it suggested that the hormones make a difference to the fish!

Pretty sure that both the biggest and the second biggest ever salmon caught on a fly in UK rivers were caught by women.

Perhaps women possess the requisite levels of patience to fish :)

swiss_democracy_for_all
6 hours ago, Green Devil said:

Perhaps women possess the requisite levels of patience to fish :)

Indeed! 

Patience is not a strong attribute of the women I know, but history suggests some have it, and let’s not forget the skill, salmon fly fishing isn’t super easy.