• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Carl Fimble

How old, or young are you?

Age?   

106 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• younger than 20
    • 20-25
    • 25-30
    • 30-35
    • 35-40
    • 40-45
    • 45-50
    • 50-55
    • 55-60
    • 60-65
    • 65-70
    • 70-75
    • 75-80
    • 80-85
    • 85-90
    • 90-95
    • 95-100
    • over 100
    • I don't know
    • I'm not answering this, fuck off!

The poll responses back up my view. When explaining this site to people I know (without naming it). I say it is a site of grumpy old men with a few grumpy older women to add a bit of balance.

The young look astounded whilst fellow older folk nod their head knowingly.

Since hitting 40 it amuses me to answer, "how old are you?" questions from younglings by saying (in a slightly quavery voice), "I was born in the year of our lord nineteen hundred and seventy".

tbh, the older i get, the less fucks i give and the less stressed I am.

People here are older than I think I am. I will never see my 50th birthday again. Still, I'm pretty active if a bit wrinkly. I think I have been lucky, as some people seem to ride electric wheelchairs, and I still have a Harley. Gotta admit, it seems to be getting heavier.:CryBaby:

1 minute ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

37, though emotionally I'm about 28, physically about 45 and my mental faculties feel like I'm around 55.

Twenty years of abusing your body does actually take its toll. 

xD

I didn't start maturing until I was early thirties. I can't remember a lot of detail prior to then due to excessive alcohol intake and addiction. I was a secret drinker and always worked although many days I thought I was doing my employers a favour just by turning up. No one knew the extent of my drinking.....about six bottles of spirits a week for the last five years or so. If I woke up now feeling like I did back then I'd want to be admitted to intensive care!

Since I quit life has continued to improve. I feel better now at almost 60 than I did when I was 30! I feel my life began at age 32 which may help with me feeling younger than I am?

Amazingly though i have never had any major health problems or been in hospital other than a long standing trigeminal neuralgia pain which I'm used to and have learnt to live with. I've always ate decent home cooked food and minimal crap stuff so that may have helped.

22 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

37, though emotionally I'm about 28, physically about 45 and my mental faculties feel like I'm around 55.

Twenty years of abusing your body does actually take its toll. 

What sort of abuse? Beer?

I'm 30, feel 31, and want to be 29 again :D