DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Public Sector Covid (a.k.a. Long Covid)

Syd Germs

Syd Germs

Interesting stat on R4's More or Less.

40-45% of people who have had covid say they have symptoms associated with long covid. Brain-fog etc.

But, 30% of people who never had covid also claim to have the symptoms !!

So figures for long covid vastly over-estimated.

If you factor in the huge incentive to exaggerate if you've had covid then there's probably no difference whatsover and long covid is a myth, or at least no worse than long term effects of other viruses.

Starts at about 16:30.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09pnw4q

• Agree 3
  • Informative 4

Bedrag Justesen

Long Covid is the new Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

Public Sector mantra: There is no I in team but there is plenty of ME.

Edited by Bedrag Justesen
  • Agree 2
  • Lol 9

ashestoashes

of course it could be the cosmic rays getting past the weakened Earth's magnetic field

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep34774

The Mars mission will result in an inevitable exposure to cosmic radiation that has been shown to cause cognitive impairments in rodent models, and possibly in astronauts engaged in deep space travel. Of particular concern is the potential for cosmic radiation exposure to compromise critical decision making during normal operations or under emergency conditions in deep space. Rodents exposed to cosmic radiation exhibit persistent hippocampal and cortical based performance decrements using six independent behavioral tasks administered between separate cohorts 12 and 24 weeks after irradiation. Radiation-induced impairments in spatial, episodic and recognition memory were temporally coincident with deficits in executive function and reduced rates of fear extinction and elevated anxiety. Irradiation caused significant reductions in dendritic complexity, spine density and altered spine morphology along medial prefrontal cortical neurons known to mediate neurotransmission interrogated by our behavioral tasks. Cosmic radiation also disrupted synaptic integrity and increased neuroinflammation that persisted more than 6 months after exposure. Behavioral deficits for individual animals correlated significantly with reduced spine density and increased synaptic puncta, providing quantitative measures of risk for developing cognitive impairment. Our data provide additional evidence that deep space travel poses a real and unique threat to the integrity of neural circuits in the brain.

King Penda

Well I’ve no reason to lie will see how I get on tonight I’m watching this and seeing if beer still tastes nice because coffee does not 

7042F00A-6668-4F56-B8E3-E6F9C6E1BD6B.jpeg

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 2

King Penda
4 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Long Covid is the new Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.

Public Sector mantra: There is no I in team but there is plenty of ME.

I’m going to go gunning for a couple of cunts once I’m better banter is banter but they have gone a bit ott.they seemed convinced I’d be hospitalised has its true I was looking a bit ropey .ones calmed down the other is saying I could well get long Covid .this is a cunt who asks me for advice with women .cunt

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Bedrag Justesen
16 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’m going to go gunning for a couple of cunts once I’m better banter is banter but they have gone a bit ott.they seemed convinced I’d be hospitalised has its true I was looking a bit ropey .ones calmed down the other is saying I could well get long Covid .this is a cunt who asks me for advice with women .cunt

Glad you are back to more like yourself.  :)

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Bornagain
17 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Its good to see that you are back in fighting form.:)

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

King Penda
10 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

Its good to see that you are back in fighting form.:)

Yes 4 cans of larger just had a coughing fit go lightheaded for 30 secs nealy fall over get another beer sit down

and fine .it’s about doing little things last day tomorrow then I think I’m allowed to go

loose

• Cheers 3

Bus Stop Boxer
1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

Yes 4 cans of larger just had a coughing fit go lightheaded for 30 secs nealy fall over get another beer sit down

and fine .it’s about doing little things last day tomorrow then I think I’m allowed to go

loose

Stay away from the vaxxed shedders in future.

Glad you're on the up.

• Informative 1