• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
NTB

For sale sub forum

Possibly too small of an audience to be viable but how about a for sale sub forum? I'm coming to terms with my hoarding habits and realise that I have too many old confusers, tools and other stuff that I would like to palm off onto some other mug or perhaps give to the needy.

Mmm, so you're saying it's possible to have too many tools and stuff? 

Interesting, if somewhat left-field, hypothesis, I suppose. 

An ex, of mine, once started to suggest it was possible to have too many Range Rovers. Although it seems somewhat uncaring, I parted ways with her, as she was clearly in the early stages of some sort of mental illness, and with that many Range Rovers, to keep on top of maintenance wise, I just wouldn't have the time to be her full-time carer.

Edited by SNACR

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

An ex, of mine, once started to suggest it was possible to have too many Range Rovers. Although it seems somewhat uncaring, I parted ways with her, as she was clearly in the early stages of some sort of mental illness, and with that many Range Rovers, to keep on top of maintenance wise, I just wouldn't have the time to be her full-time carer.

xD Yes, I tend to agree but I've reached the point where I'm running out of ground to build new sheds to contain stuff. Not helped by the need to cater for the wife's hedgehog collection which seems to have expanded rather more than I expected. Plus I'm getting older and frustratingly, no longer seem to be able to operate three reciprocating saws at the same time. I can't even find an abandoned quarry so that I can take it all with me as grave goods. First world problems eh?

9 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Well we can try it, but I don't know if you'll get the kind of price you're after, as this forum is full of proud skinflints!

Probably just be mostly a load of old combs and hairbrushes and empty vitamin D tubs, that are stubborn to shift.

Stealth so established posters only who you are happy to trust or open to any johnny come lately?

It's only going to work in those pockets where you have several posters such as east Yorkshire; however tempting a boot sale bargain she may have for sale I won't be popping up to Dumfries to collect it from @Economic Exile

15 hours ago, NTB said:

Possibly too small of an audience to be viable but how about a for sale sub forum? I'm coming to terms with my hoarding habits and realise that I have too many old confusers, tools and other stuff that I would like to palm off onto some other mug or perhaps give to the needy.

Good idea!

You have too many old tools? I love old tools, that possibly explains why I like this forum so much.

14 hours ago, One percent said:

I have some reps for sale. I think @Carl Fimble is interested so you would need to outbid him. 

Oooh, reps! I'm keen on them but think they should be awarded on merit, I've a fucking cheek saying that after my shameful thread posting yesterday but it's what I beelieve. We are still doing the bee thing aren't we?

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Stealth so established posters only who you are happy to trust or open to any johnny come lately?

It's only going to work in those pockets where you have several posters such as east Yorkshire; however tempting a boot sale bargain she may have for sale I won't be popping up to Dumfries to collect it from @Economic Exile

Yes, stealth I think.

What if EE was selling her campervan cheap though? Surely you would pop up the road if there was a camper going for a song? You are in Cornwall I think though? That is quite far south!

6 hours ago, SNACR said:

Ha! I saw a nice Range Rover today, a blue one which sounded nice. It was one of these ones-

L494_GWS_17_EXT_LOC08_Device-Tablet_1216

0-60 in less than 5 seconds!

From £91k !!

35 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ha! I saw a nice Range Rover today, a blue one which sounded nice. It was one of these ones-

L494_GWS_17_EXT_LOC08_Device-Tablet_1216

0-60 in less than 5 seconds!

From £91k !!

That makes me feel better about splurging on a new car.  It arrives in November btw :)

Edited by One percent

Just now, Carl Fimble said:

Yay! Must be exciting.

Automatic or manual though?

:)

Ah yes, manual.  I couldn't justify the extra cost.  I also quite like a gear stick, other than in traffic.  On roads where you can get a bit of speed up, I like to be able to control the gear it's in.  

I did splurge the extra on some leather seats.  Hopefully they aren't pretend leather or it will be like my first car with the vinyl seats in it xD

Just now, One percent said:

Ah yes, manual.  I couldn't justify the extra cost.  I also quite like a gear stick, other than in traffic.  On roads where you can get a bit of speed up, I like to be able to control the gear it's in.  

I did splurge the extra on some leather seats.  Hopefully they aren't pretend leather or it will be like my first car with the vinyl seats in it xD

Nice, I like manuals, and leather.

That's you sorted til your electric self driving car in ten years time then.

4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Nice, I like manuals, and leather.

That's you sorted til your electric self driving car in ten years time then.

That'll sort me until I retire.  Then it's the slowest, cheapest car I can find xD  This is my last (and only) splurge before I manage to get my mits on my pension.  Mind, the way that that is going, I better keep the car well maintained  o.O

1 minute ago, One percent said:

That'll sort me until I retire.  Then it's the slowest, cheapest car I can find xD  This is my last (and only) splurge before I manage to get my mits on my pension.  Mind, the way that that is going, I better keep the car well maintained  o.O

So, will your Rover be the first item on the for sale board?

Just now, Carl Fimble said:

So, will your Rover be the first item on the for sale board?

Nope, keeping that - it isn't worth anything.  I am selling my original clubman though.  Just put the notices in it.  I can sell on here, but cannot pay the postage for it.