• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

not risk to public only self

"James is not a risk to the public, he's only ever been a risk to himself, and with the right support we can get him there."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41262920

"James Ward was sentenced under Imprisonment for Public Protection (IPP), after he set fire to his bed while in jail for actual bodily harm."

So fire never hurts anyone but the person lighting it?

This is his sister talking; and his original sentence was for:

Mr Ward, from Sutton-in-Ashfield, in Nottinghamshire, was serving a sentence in 2006 after getting into a fight with his father Bill.

If he wasn't seen as a danger he wouldn't have IMO been given an Imprisonment for Public Protection (IPP) as they're pretty rare.

Menta health care is generally shockingly poor and underfunded so it's not like he'll be pitched out into a controlled environment.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

This is his sister talking; and his original sentence was for:

If he wasn't seen as a danger he wouldn't have IMO been given an Imprisonment for Public Protection (IPP) as they're pretty rare.

Menta health care is generally shockingly poor and underfunded so it's not like he'll be pitched out into a controlled environment.

They were talking about a hostel when actually he probably need supervision. Especially after he's been locked up for so long. Whether his parent is able to provide a room or care is another matter.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

"James is not a risk to the public, he's only ever been a risk to himself, and with the right support we can get him there."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41262920

"James Ward was sentenced under Imprisonment for Public Protection (IPP), after he set fire to his bed while in jail for actual bodily harm."

So fire never hurts anyone but the person lighting it?

Yeah this one on the news. Big story.

Dont know him but going by the previous crimes, Id say total BS and I can see why  they locked him up for a long time.

As I tell people  - If you fancy doing a crime never do arson - you will rightly get the book thrown at you.

This bloke is not some sad, mental kid self harming. By all accounts he's a cunt. He's a brainless congenital idiot, like the rest of his family.

Hopefully the damage he does will be limited to his immediate family.

As far as I have read

1) Fought with his father and was imprisoned for a set time

2) Set light to his mattress in his cell as a protest and sentence was changed to IPP, which turned into 11 years as he was lost in the system

If that is the case, 11 years without review seems harsh .

2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

As far as I have read

1) Fought with his father and was imprisoned for a set time

2) Set light to his mattress in his cell as a protest and sentence was changed to IPP, which turned into 11 years as he was lost in the system

If that is the case, 11 years without review seems harsh .

I agree. If he deserves 11 years then sentence him to 11 years. To be imprisoned without a release date is especially cruel.

19 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

I agree. If he deserves 11 years then sentence him to 11 years. To be imprisoned without a release date is especially cruel.

And a waste of public money