DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Ben Stokes. Indefinite break from all cricket.

Bus Stop Boxer

Bus Stop Boxer

Quiet jab refusal?

Yes he did lose his dad recently, but we all lose people.

Stokes strikes me as someone who might, might, have done a bit more due diligence than some. As opposed to say Joe "Southgate" Root.

Seems odd timing really. Home test series vs India would seem hard to spurn.

He's not been clogging it round the county circuit or anything.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58033393

• Agree 3
  • Informative 4

He's a massively driven guy from what I can tell. That often comes with never being happy with what's been achieved, I'd go with the story-as-told for now.

• Agree 2

Upsettah

My immediate reaction was "Who is Ben Stokes?" so I had to DDG him.

Oh dear. Tattooed soyboy. 

Obviously, I have NO sympathy whatsoever. 

We'll see if he comes back for the Ashes, if they go ahead at the end of the year in oz.

These kiddie tournaments such as The Hundred are best skipped anyway. xD

Resting his index finger. I could do with resting my middle finger, on both hands. Bird flipping (to covidiots) has never been so necessary since the backdoor girls tour of stoke. xD

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Upsettah said:

Tattooed, yes.  "Soyboy" no.

I guess you missed this incident:

https://news.sky.com/video/footage-shows-ben-stokes-brawl-11463564

He only gets stuck in after someone swings a bottle at someone else's head, and he doesn't stop until they are down on the ground.  Found not guilty of any offence (rightly so in my humble opinion).

I'd be more than happy to have him watching my back.

• Agree 3

Upsettah
39 minutes ago, Lipid said:

Tattooed, yes.  "Soyboy" no.

I guess you missed this incident:

https://news.sky.com/video/footage-shows-ben-stokes-brawl-11463564

He only gets stuck in after someone swings a bottle at someone else's head, and he doesn't stop until they are down on the ground.  Found not guilty of any offence (rightly so in my humble opinion).

I'd be more than happy to have him watching my back.

I have a dim view of anyone daft enough to get themselves tattooed. 

Seems like an aggressive fool who can't mind his own business to me. I wouldn't want him anywhere near MY back, thanks .... 

Edited by Upsettah

swiss_democracy_for_all
23 hours ago, Upsettah said:

Obviously, I have NO sympathy whatsoever. 

No soy in Stokes. He’s alright. A bit mental, but normal people would balk at the amount of constant training and practice he does. Unsurprisingly he and some other cricketers have hated being in bio-secure bubbles for most of the last 18 months with a load of other blokes. He has enough money, In his shoes I’d fuck off to NZ where he comes from originally and live a normal life until the cricket world (and everyone else) decides to stop being hysterical. 

• Agree 1

The Generation Game
17 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

No soy in Stokes. He’s alright. A bit mental, but normal people would balk at the amount of constant training and practice he does. Unsurprisingly he and some other cricketers have hated being in bio-secure bubbles for most of the last 18 months with a load of other blokes. He has enough money, In his shoes I’d fuck off to NZ where he comes from originally and live a normal life until the cricket world (and everyone else) decides to stop being hysterical. 

So..... out of retirement at 60?

• Agree 1

swiss_democracy_for_all
On 30/07/2021 at 23:41, Bus Stop Boxer said:

Quiet jab refusal?

Yes he did lose his dad recently, but we all lose people.

Stokes strikes me as someone who might, might, have done a bit more due diligence than some. As opposed to say Joe "Southgate" Root.

Seems odd timing really. Home test series vs India would seem hard to spurn.

He's not been clogging it round the county circuit or anything.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58033393

An intriguing possibility. As one of the strongest/fittest people in the country, 30-odd years old, pale and constantly outdoors, if he's done any reading at all about Covid and the jabs, he could conceivably have refused it.(I would in his shoes). But normally he's incredibly passionate about cricket, so I would have thought if his plan was to avoid the vaccine he'd have just caught Covid "accidentally" a while back in order to recover for the India series, that way he'd avoid any controversy about vaccines.

So on balance I think this is genuinely more about him feeling like shit and needing to get away from fucking bio-secure bubbles where he constantly feels he has to set the example and the standard for everyone else (that's the burden he's taken on since Bristol).

• Informative 1

Maybe he fancies a year out getting paid loads to make pish TV programmes for Sky like the rest of them. 

Wee break, easy money then back to his sport. 

Hancock
On 31/07/2021 at 12:02, Upsettah said:

I have a dim view of anyone daft enough to get themselves tattooed. 

Seems like an aggressive fool who can't mind his own business to me. I wouldn't want him anywhere near MY back, thanks .... 

His mother had her first 2 children murdered several years before he was born ... imho this alone should give him a little slack.

Must have been a different kind of upbringing from a parent whose suffered from such a horrific double murder.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/cricket-ben-stokes-untold-family-tragedy-half-brother-sister-shot-dead-in-1988/VMY2NBIGP44UYH4ZVITYARISFY/