DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Neil Oliver

Van Lady

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, dev.null said:

I know I don't count as a Dosbodder with only two posts, including this one, but my hair's longer than his.

:P

Welcome.

I do hope you aren't another of those software bods that seem to be taking over the place.

• Lol 2

Van Lady

^^^ yes nice hair and very good looking.

No idea who he is? Does he post videos about his thoughts re “pandemic” or sell clothing, toiletries etc?

NO is my favourite though due to him speaking rationally about the insanity, hysteria, restrictions and detriment to everyday life. Ups his attraction rating massively for me.

Very brave too, in my opinion, speaking against the mainstream. I do think he’s quite financially secure though so has the luxury of saying what he thinks.

Hopefully he’ll get backing from other folk who have access and personal financial security to say what they think after rationally considering the current circumstances. He seems to be popular and well regarded by many plebs. 

• Agree 4

Soft lad
7 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

No idea who he is? Does he post videos about his thoughts re “pandemic” or sell clothing, toiletries etc?

NO is my favourite though due to him speaking rationally about the insanity, hysteria, restrictions and detriment to everyday life. Ups his attraction rating massively for me.

Very brave too, in my opinion, speaking against the mainstream. I do think he’s quite financially secure though so has the luxury of saying what he thinks.

Hopefully he’ll get backing from other folk who have access and personal financial security to say what they think after rationally considering the current circumstances. He seems to be popular and well regarded by many plebs. 

are you over Rupert Sheldrake then?

Van Lady
1 minute ago, Soft lad said:

are you over Rupert Sheldrake then?

No. I still fancy him too xD

10 hours ago, Van Lady said:

NO is a top man. In my opinion he’s speaking from a rational assessment with passion and empathy for others regarding the ongoing mass hysteria and insanity.

His and wife’s plus their teenage children’s everyday lives plus future options have been decimated due to the ongoing current world circumstances. None of them like it. I don’t either. I admire him for honesty and rationally speaking out. In the clip in the opening post he basically says he’s prepared to live, just get on with life and if he gets or passes on a virus well that’s life. Totally agree with that life view. 

Hopefully NO will help to facilitate a rebellion against the current unprecedented changes to ordinary life.

Yes, he has lovely hair. I admit to fancying him and finding him very attractive ❤️. I don’t think I’m deluded though thinking he’s a good person.

I would rep but that'll include the fancying bit!  There is much to like about the guy and I very much appreciated his time on TalkRadio.  He is a historian, a real one.  And articulate.  The best of Scottish.  I find his type, with their perspective, immensely helpful, especially at times like these.  I wish him well.

• Agree 8

Democorruptcy
11 hours ago, dev.null said:

I know I don't count as a Dosbodder with only two posts, including this one, but my hair's longer than his.

:P

What do you identify as these days?

King Penda
11 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Xyy if it’s hair related 

• Lol 1

dev.null
9 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Welcome.

I do hope you aren't another of those software bods that seem to be taking over the place.

Guilty as charged on that one I'm afraid, surely we're one up from the software bots trying to take over everywhere else though?

• Agree 1

dev.null
11 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Hey, you’re here. 

I hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. 

Thankyou very much VL, long time lurker on here and TOS since the early noughties (!). I'l try and make myself useful about the place :-)

• Cheers 1

dev.null
25 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Deviant.

13 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Xyy if it’s hair related 

Seen better hair on bacon tbh.

• Lol 3

Austin Allegro
17 hours ago, Panther said:

I thought he was a twat on 'Coaaastt' but I've changed my mind.

Same here. I got fed up with all those shots of him gazing out to sea with his hair blowing in the wind. Assumed he was just another arty lefty BBC type and probably a Scot-Nat as well. How wrong I was!

• Agree 3
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 1

Austin Allegro
11 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

We need a lot more Neil Olivers. Calm, measured, reasoned. Great pity that is somehow 'wrong' and challenging.

Twitter is a mental place. MSM the Gates to Hell.

We are less of a minority than we think.

I saw somewhere (I think on r/lockdownsceptics) the great phrase: 'Twitter is a sort of bumhole where thoughts go to die.'

• Lol 2

Austin Allegro
9 hours ago, Van Lady said:

I know she's unpopular on here but Kirsty Allsopp has also spoken out against the madness and I imagine that must have completely alienated her from her support base.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

Heart's Ease

I look forward to his monologues.

Watched a Scottish history programme a few years ago where NO was going to see how an dig at iirc a neolithic burial site was going on. A couple of ladies had been hard at work for *years* on the site. 

Tension was building as NO confirmed that the moment had come for the breakthrough into the chambered cairn to occur. The ladies then stepped aside and quite awkwardly asked if NO would like to remove the final couple of stones.  And he did! 

Neil, if you're reading this: that was a bit of a shitweasel thing to do.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 1

12 hours ago, dgul said:

As I have mentioned before, I have hair like Dan Haggerty:

With the face of Donald Pleasence:

I just pulled your efit.:ph34r:

dgil.png

• Lol 6
  • Cheers 1

Austin Allegro
14 minutes ago, onlyme said:

I just pulled your efit.:ph34r:

dgil.png

You will take me with you to Dosbods island, won't you? I won't be any trouble. I can see perfectly well you know. Why, I can even see this pin on the floor here!

Edited by Austin Allegro
  • Lol 3
  • Cheers 2

Conniption
18 hours ago, Van Lady said:

I confess to really fancying him ❤️but it doesn’t detract from his top class observations and gripes about covid restrictions etc.

As far as fancying him goes, he tends to dress like an unmade bed and his demeanor reminds me of a ferret I had when I was a kid. Frankie Ferret. Cutest little beady black eyes.

As for the rest, NO has an intellect of great scope and a gift for expressing himself with a rare and soaring and resonant grace. I have never seen him on telly, though, so will take everyone's word for the blowing hair, heroic stance he was directed to assume. Still, as @Van Lady asserts, Top Man.

(I really loved that ferret.)

Edited by Conniption
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Frank Hovis
5 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I saw somewhere (I think on r/lockdownsceptics) the great phrase: 'Twitter is a sort of bumhole where thoughts go to die.'

As I've said before it is the shortform nature of Twitter and similar that serves to actually prevent people from fully expressing themselves and it's all reduced to verbal barking:

Transphobe!

Terf!

There is no debate, no conclusion, no agreeing to disagree.

The whole sorry mess reminds me of this:

It is deeply unedifying to read Twitter; it's the mental equivalent of bathing in sewage.

• Agree 1

He's spot on, great delivery, gravity and thoughtful presentation.

I actually quite liked Coast, he had a passion and his monologues were quite interesting, I learnt a few things and it was ... just an interesting story that he told.  He seemed quite a natural presence in front of the camera with his style.

Seeing his videos on GB news only confirmed this.  He really is spot on and identifies all the issues, without being accused of tin hat foolery, but logically considered ideas of personal freedom, medical choice and the relationship between citizen and state.

(yes I'm totally jealous of his hair, the bastard!)

• Agree 2
  • Cheers 1

Van Lady
14 minutes ago, JFK said:

He's spot on, great delivery, gravity and thoughtful presentation.

I actually quite liked Coast, he had a passion and his monologues were quite interesting, I learnt a few things and it was ... just an interesting story that he told.  He seemed quite a natural presence in front of the camera with his style.

Seeing his videos on GB news only confirmed this.  He really is spot on and identifies all the issues, without being accused of tin hat foolery, but logically considered ideas of personal freedom, medical choice and the relationship between citizen and state.

(yes I'm totally jealous of his hair, the bastard!)

I liked Coast. If I could do anything I wanted I’d take my time….a long time… touring the coast of the British isles (sorry uk) and numerous smaller islands. My dream!

He’s also published a number of very well received history books. Haven’t read them myself. Also presented other tv programmes. Before Covid he toured a lot giving speeches about history.

I guess he’s financially secure, able to make his stand and say what he thinks regardless of being cancelled. Good life position to be in!

Neil Oliver, in my opinion, is outstanding in delivering his views on a variety of aspects of what is going on regarding the “pandemic”. 

Top man!

• Agree 7