DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Non vaccine things which allegedly help fight off covid

goldbug9999

M S E Refugee
10 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

NAC and pineapples? 

I am not sure how much Pineapple you would have to consume.

The Masked Tulip
1 minute ago, M S E Refugee said:

I am not sure how much Pineapple you would have to consume.

Well, I am going to buy a carton when I go out. It probably needs higher concentrations - tablets I guess. But you never know, maybe eating or drinking pineapple daily is enough.

Some say it helps with sore throats but pineapple on a sore throat is agony.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Well, I am going to buy a carton when I go out. It probably needs higher concentrations - tablets I guess. But you never know, maybe eating or drinking pineapple daily is enough.

Some say it helps with sore throats but pineapple on a sore throat is agony.

Very high in sugar though.

• Agree 1

M S E Refugee
On 02/09/2021 at 13:46, ashestoashes said:

lactoferrin ?

from a comment on ZH by crazy horse

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/harvard-epidemiologist-says-case-covid-vaccine-passports-was-just-demolished#comment-stream

If you’re looking for a good alternative for preventing or treating covid, check out these links about lactoferrin, a readily available supplement:

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/36/e2105815118 

From the Abstract, "Given its safety profile, lactoferrin is a readily translatable therapeutic option for the management of COVID-19.”

http://ijrhs.org/sites/default/files/IntJResHealthSci-8-1-8_0.pdf

From the Abstract, "We conclude that LLF (lactoferrin) potentially prevent and cure COVID 19 infection.”

https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2020/6/lactoferrin-protects-against-viruses 

"One unusual feature of lactoferrin is the diversity of viruses it can shield against. It has been shown to possess robust antiviral activity against different types of virus, from those that cause the common cold and flu, to HIV and hepatitis B and C viruses."

And here’s a nice little video to watch:

https://videopress.com/v/p8R7ebPy?s=01

The Lactoferrin supplements are quite pricey so I might buy some Organic Whey Protein instead as it has a good amount of Lactoferrin in it.

• Informative 1

The recent Zoe app report suggests that smoking has a rather strong protective effect in the young (<60).

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00460-6/fulltext

[see figure 2 -- note that they've done some weird inverse logic for smoking as a risk factor, in that they show an increased risk for non-smokers, rather than a decreased risk for smokers.  I don't understand why they'd show it this way around.  I also don't understand why they don't even mention in their text the one highly significant 'lifestyle' risk factor (non-smokers) that they identified in their study.]

Not that I'd recommend starting up, but it is nevertheless an interesting finding.

• Informative 5

Democorruptcy
On 12/08/2021 at 10:15, Snake Plissken said:

If ivermectin does come available uk off-label, I wonder if you will be able to get it via the online pharmacies where you fill in a brief description of your illness and a proper dr prescribes ? Would be worth a go

If you test positive you could apply to join this trial that involves Ivermectin or Favipiravir. Not sure if you can request which you want.

https://www.principletrial.org/

The Masked Tulip
2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

If you test positive you could apply to join this trial that involves Ivermectin or Favipiravir. Not sure if you can request which you want.

https://www.principletrial.org/

Everyone gets a placebo? As every trial uses a placebo you would think that doctors would just prescribe them instead. o.O

I actually tried the DIY thing that I have seen posted in places. The theory goes that citrus peel, especially grapefruit, has some anti-covid or perhaps anti-parasitic ivermectin-quinine style stuff in it.

Despite being a paid-up vegestralian I hardly ever eat fruit but I bought some grapefruit, oranges (tangerines I would call them) and some lemons. 

The grapefruit turned out to be red grapefruit and after I peeled it I thought well I can't waste the actual fruit got to eat it. Brilliant! Never liked grapefruit because it's sour and horrible but not this one. Peeled a tangeriney thing as well and ate that.  Lemons never made it to the final brew.

Chopped peel up and put in a pan with water and simmered it for an hour or so with a lid on as instructed so the vital stuff does not escape in steam. Turned it off but got distracted and left it until next day and was surprised to find water all gone and absorbed by peel. Put in a bit more water and re-heated then a bit of mashing. Poured into 50cl miniature alcohol bottles I always used to save from flights to refill and avoid paying 6 euros next time. All unmeasured and unscientific.

Been having one large teaspoon every morning. No particular effect so had two today. Not that I have much symptoms of anything I am hoping to cure mind you.

Stay tune for more from Funn3r's Medic-Radio

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 4
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

I actually tried the DIY thing that I have seen posted in places. The theory goes that citrus peel, especially grapefruit, has some anti-covid or perhaps anti-parasitic ivermectin-quinine style stuff in it.

Despite being a paid-up vegestralian I hardly ever eat fruit but I bought some grapefruit, oranges (tangerines I would call them) and some lemons. 

The grapefruit turned out to be red grapefruit and after I peeled it I thought well I can't waste the actual fruit got to eat it. Brilliant! Never liked grapefruit because it's sour and horrible but not this one. Peeled a tangeriney thing as well and ate that.  Lemons never made it to the final brew.

Chopped peel up and put in a pan with water and simmered it for an hour or so with a lid on as instructed so the vital stuff does not escape in steam. Turned it off but got distracted and left it until next day and was surprised to find water all gone and absorbed by peel. Put in a bit more water and re-heated then a bit of mashing. Poured into 50cl miniature alcohol bottles I always used to save from flights to refill and avoid paying 6 euros next time. All unmeasured and unscientific.

Been having one large teaspoon every morning. No particular effect so had two today. Not that I have much symptoms of anything I am hoping to cure mind you.

there are a lot of receipies with orange and lemon peel to use in the mix for cakes and muffins.  I might start baking some.  I have a lemon tree in the yard...

• Informative 1

Democorruptcy
8 hours ago, wherebee said:

there are a lot of receipies with orange and lemon peel to use in the mix for cakes and muffins.  I might start baking some.  I have a lemon tree in the yard...

I can't remember where you posted it but you made me feel guilty yesterday. I threw the middle of a toilet roll in the bin. It felt like wasting a firelighter but as I don't have an open fire, it wasn't going to do me much good.

• Lol 1

11 hours ago, wherebee said:

The humble Christmas cake and pud may save us yet!  

Red Debt Redemption
On 10/09/2021 at 22:49, Funn3r said:

Its limonene

Natural terpene can use as a degreaser, cleaner, food flavourings, drink etc can add honey or water down more if too bitter.

Can be used for quite a lot of things industrial also.

The usual claimed to have health benefits depending on where you read.

Half a glass topped up with water I find fine for bitterness.

Edited by Red Debt Redemption
  • Informative 1

The Masked Tulip
17 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

https://zen-haven.com/43-benefits-of-nac-n-acetylcysteine/

Amazon removed this supplement in the States at the request of the FDA.

https://moh-it.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/n-acetyl-cysteine-is-a-potent-suppressor-of-human-immunodeficienc

One of the authors of this paper has a familiar name.

Says it all really doesn't it.

• Agree 1

Lightly Toasted

https://ivmmeta.com/#fig_fpall

Not that accessible to a lay-person such as myself, but seems to be a one-stop-shop/database for Covid19 treatment studies:

Aspirin
Molnupiravir
Bamlanivimab
Nigella Sativa
Bromhexine
Nitazoxanide
Budesonide
Povidone-Iod..
Casirivimab/i..
Probiotics
Colchicine
Proxalutamide
Conv. Plasma
Quercetin
Curcumin
Remdesivir
Favipiravir
Sotrovimab
Fluvoxamine
Vitamin A
Hydroxychloro..
Vitamin C
Iota-carragee..
Vitamin D
Ivermectin
Zinc
Melatonin

• Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've not read this whole thread so this may have been mentioned.

Video by the lovely Dr Been on the results of a double blind study into the efficacy of .... honey and nigella sativa seeds.

Now you might think this sounds like some nonsense your daft grandma might have invented, but it turns out it's more like something your very wise grandma might have sagacious handed down to you.

Extremely interesting. Nigella seeds contain quercetin and a molecule that's similar to hydroxychloroquine and other good things.

Lovely presentation. 

Buywholefoodsonline.co.uk sell 1kg for less than a tenner.  (Dose used in study:  <1gm/day).

• Cheers 2

The Masked Tulip
8 minutes ago, DocH said:

Video by the lovely Dr Been on the results of a double blind study into the efficacy of .... honey and nigella sativa seeds.

Now you might think this sounds like some nonsense your daft grandma might have invented, but it turns out it's more like something your very wise grandma might have sagacious handed down to you.

Extremely interesting. Nigella seeds contain quercetin and a molecule that's similar to hydroxychloroquine and other good things.

Lovely presentation. 

Buywholefoodsonline.co.uk sell 1kg for less than a tenner.  (Dose used in study:  <1gm/day).

All the more reason to each more of this. Currently a quid a jar in Tesco.

c6b19281-97a3-4b2c-9db4-2985b14bcf94_169

1 hour ago, DocH said:

Lovely presentation. 

For the last year or so, my go to evening snack has been cheese on Ryvita with Nigella seeds. I was a bit disappointed to find out that Ryvita no longer make them.  No I know why.  Bastards.

• Lol 1