• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

MPs debate MP abuse

I love this, our glorious MPs have had a debate on abuse of MPs. Some good one liners from their goldfish bowl.

'The Home Office minister Sarah Newton said Stewart’s experience was “simply unacceptable” and that standing for public office should be seen as a noble thing. '

Now that depends on your starting point and whether you view it as a vocation or a get rich quick scheme like a certain Mr Blair.

“It is essential for our democracy that people are able to stand for office and become a member of parliament without fearing they will experience abuse. It is equally essential MPs are able to represent their constituents without being abused or intimidated,”

Fair enough but this again comes down to the MPs motives for being an MP and in the case of political parties their selection processes especially in safe seats which are often highly dubious.

For the Labour and Conservative Parties I think they only have themselves to blame for dragging MPs reputations down with them.

Expenses anyone, how about a nice job at a bank as a thankyou for years of unswerving duty.

This was in the guardian of course.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/14/mps-all-parties-abuse-they-their-families-receive

Edited by Chewing Grass
fingering the guardian

14 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

If you put yourself into the public eye and then constantly lie to them of course you're going to get abuse.

It just sounds like MP's wanting immunity from scrutiny by dressing it up as 'abuse'.

Fuck right off.

Some sort of political blasphemy law and political hate speech legislation.

Jesus fucking Christ. These people are mental and need removing as soon as possible.

They really are the most pathetic and feeble bunch.

Behave and perform like in an old time music hall then they should be similarly rewarded by abuse, jeers and rotten eggs and other rotten vegetables being thrown at them.  The entertainers used to take it in good part and laugh.

In fact in the days when their best ideas are make work it would be good for the economy and make work if people were able to sell old vegetables and rotten eggs outside Parliament for visitors.

It is equally essential MPs are able to represent their constituents without being abused or intimidated,”

Since when did the liars and renegers represent their constituents.

“And those people in a position of responsibility and influence, such as a teacher, should be upholding the shared values of our country.”

"Shared values".  There's a list as long as your arm that MPs have a shared value of trousering and thieving other people's money and getting sinecure banking jobs.  They are so hypocritical and deluded.

You would think that at some stage with all the abuse they claim to get they might ask why is that happening - but no apparently not.

Then at the end there's the guardian still begging for money xD  They should get it from their buddies the banks and get them to donate some of their bailout money.

Edited by twocents

3 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I suppose it was only a matter of time before parliament became a designated safe space. That's what happens when women are given the vote :ph34r:

Pretty much one of the only safe spaces in the country the way things seem to be headed - largely through MPs incompetence and self servery.

Edited by twocents

7 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

They should count themselves lucky.

If they had pulled half of the bullshit that they have done a hundred or so years ago they'd have been unceremoniously thrown in jail.

or hung.

At it again, got a slot on the So-Called BBC news as members of parliament again complain about dozens of abusive emails.

Strange how emails are far more threatening than letters.

Only dozens as well, doesn't seem to be worth the BBCs airtime.

Years ago they would have got stuff like this and wouldn't have a clue where from.

zodiac.jpg.c99c01c4bb9106d80ba7d91e4c900433.jpg

Unfortunately being an MP seems to be a regular job/career for those with little mettle, rather than a vocation

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 22:48, WorkingPoor said:

Apprently Dianne Abbott said she was threatened with Rape, on GMTV this morning. 

I find that hard to believe.

Threats like that could be punished, we have laws for actual crimes like that already though. Criminalising dissent is probably their intention, even just critisism...

ffs

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 22:56, twocents said:

They really are the most pathetic and feeble bunch.

Behave and perform like in an old time music hall then they should be similarly rewarded by abuse, jeers and rotten eggs and other rotten vegetables being thrown at them.  The entertainers used to take it in good part and laugh.

In fact in the days when their best ideas are make work it would be good for the economy and make work if people were able to sell old vegetables and rotten eggs outside Parliament for visitors.

Since when did the liars and renegers represent their constituents.

"Shared values".  There's a list as long as your arm that MPs have a shared value of trousering and thieving other people's money and getting sinecure banking jobs.  They are so hypocritical and deluded.

You would think that at some stage with all the abuse they claim to get they might ask why is that happening - but no apparently not.

Then at the end there's the guardian still begging for money xD  They should get it from their buddies the banks and get them to donate some of their bailout money.

Ha! Yes, maybe HSBC could throw them a pile of Mexican drug gang dollars! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-42405698/you-are-never-mutineers-bercow-urges-mps-to-uphold-principles

Commons Speaker John Bercow defends the right of MPs to vote on Brexit in line with their principles, saying they are "dedicated public servants" and "never mutineers, traitors, malcontents nor enemies of the people".

Let's see what the judges have to say about that.  You can rely on them.

"Dedicated public servants" = dedicated troughers and freeloaders more like.

Edited by twocents

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 06:53, Oskar said:

you are right. it's too early and I was straining doing my morning poo.

Ha! I read that, like I read all your posts, in a rough Eastern European accent!

I always think the correct word should be hung, every time I hear hanged I think it sounds wrong...

7 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Threats like that could be punished, we have laws for actual crimes like that already though. Criminalising dissent is probably their intention, even just critisism...

ffs

Just having the thought in the threatener's head would have been punishment enough, in this case, surely?

On 9/14/2017 at 22:48, WorkingPoor said:

Apprently Dianne Abbott said she was threatened with Rape, on GMTV this morning. 

I find that hard to believe.

She must have been visiting Rotherham.

16 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Just having the thought in the threatener's head would have been punishment enough, in this case, surely?

I won't attack a politician in that way, and certainly not when there's so much more to run with!

We are ruled by the least amongst us, or whatever that line is...

More good stuff on the channel that video is on btw.