DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Saying you're a vegan

sarahbell

sarahbell

https://twitter.com/i/events/1422899486280589312

Anti-vaxxers are pretending to be vegan to avoid potential vaccine regulations
An article claimed that companies could not force employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine if they are an ethical vegan. Now, some anti-vax conspiracy theorists are saying that they would "become vegan" to avoid having to get the vaccine.

King Penda
3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1422899486280589312

Anti-vaxxers are pretending to be vegan to avoid potential vaccine regulations
An article claimed that companies could not force employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine if they are an ethical vegan. Now, some anti-vax conspiracy theorists are saying that they would "become vegan" to avoid having to get the vaccine.

Won’t work 

As I posted elsewhere, legally you can just claim exemption, just like with masks.

It is subject to the Equality Act 2010, no one enforcing entry to venues is even legally allowed to ask why you are exempt. 

I am too old to be rebellious, but if The State keep trying to enforce ridiculous, convoluted, contradictory rules then people will increasingly ignore them.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

unregistered_guest

Can you just identify as a vegan, while stuffing your face with a bacon buttie that identifies as a tofu roll?

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Can you just identify as a vegan, while stuffing your face with a bacon buttie that identifies as a tofu roll?

I'm vegan whenever I'm not eating which is probably over 99.5% of the day.

Men who identify as women are women 0% of the day.

Therefore, I think this is possible.

Edited by Reck B
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1

unregistered_guest
3 minutes ago, Reck B said:

I'm vegan whenever I'm not eating which is probably over 99.5% of the day.

Like the good muslims who fast between meals during the Holy Month...

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1

stop_the_craziness
8 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

Like the good muslims who fast between meals during the Holy Month...

I remember learning about that in school and thinking "that sounds just like when they have those jolly Midnight Feasts in Enid Blyton boarding schools novels" and was immediately jealous.

• Lol 1

ILikeCake
8 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

I work with a Muslim who says his wife is a vegetarian but loves a meat kebab every Friday night, wtf?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ILikeCake said:

I work with a Muslim who says his wife is a vegetarian but loves a meat kebab every Friday night, wtf?

It's wise to see the hypocrisy in yourself, before criticising others. I am a hypocrite. I say it proudly.

Bkkandrew
3 hours ago, ILikeCake said:

Its a euphemism for him bringing his mates round for the evening. 

• Lol 7

Bricks & Mortar

I've become a partial vegan recently.

I go as far as medical treatments, but still eat what I like because I think the body needs what it wants.

-------------------

And that is it.  You set your own rules when 'going vegan'.  As everyone does.  Some take it as far as wearing shoes made out of plant material, or rubber... others just do the food ... some eat eggs ... some eat fish... and there's always some arsehole wanting to say you're 'not a proper vegan' because they're more hairshirt and sackcloth and ashes than you.  Well fuck those guys.  You make your own truth according to your beliefs.

• Informative 1

jamanda

My mum was vegetarian from about 5 - 45, then vegan for the rest of her life to 89 yrs.  If questioned, I could be very convincing.

(A proper vegan, which was very unusual for her generation)

Is there anything in the jabs that is made from plants?

My religion, carnivore, forbids me from consuming anything made from plants.

unregistered_guest
1 hour ago, jm51 said:

Is there anything in the jabs that is made from plants?

My religion, carnivore, forbids me from consuming anything made from plants.

That's not enough.

You have to be an ethical carnivore. A person for whom salad dodging isn't merely an occasional thing you might dip into; it's a way of life that shapes your every waking moment and informs every aspect of your internal moral code.