Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Saying you're a vegan


sarahbell
 Share

Recommended Posts

sarahbell

https://twitter.com/i/events/1422899486280589312

Anti-vaxxers are pretending to be vegan to avoid potential vaccine regulations
An article claimed that companies could not force employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine if they are an ethical vegan. Now, some anti-vax conspiracy theorists are saying that they would "become vegan" to avoid having to get the vaccine.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

King Penda
3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1422899486280589312

Anti-vaxxers are pretending to be vegan to avoid potential vaccine regulations
An article claimed that companies could not force employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine if they are an ethical vegan. Now, some anti-vax conspiracy theorists are saying that they would "become vegan" to avoid having to get the vaccine.

Won’t work 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I posted elsewhere, legally you can just claim exemption, just like with masks.

It is subject to the Equality Act 2010, no one enforcing entry to venues is even legally allowed to ask why you are exempt. 

I am too old to be rebellious, but if The State keep trying to enforce ridiculous, convoluted, contradictory rules then people will increasingly ignore them.

  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

unregistered_guest

Can you just identify as a vegan, while stuffing your face with a bacon buttie that identifies as a tofu roll?

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Can you just identify as a vegan, while stuffing your face with a bacon buttie that identifies as a tofu roll?

I'm vegan whenever I'm not eating which is probably over 99.5% of the day.

Men who identify as women are women 0% of the day.

Therefore, I think this is possible.

Edited by Reck B
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

unregistered_guest
3 minutes ago, Reck B said:

I'm vegan whenever I'm not eating which is probably over 99.5% of the day.

Like the good muslims who fast between meals during the Holy Month...

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

stop_the_craziness
8 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

Like the good muslims who fast between meals during the Holy Month...

I remember learning about that in school and thinking "that sounds just like when they have those jolly Midnight Feasts in Enid Blyton boarding schools novels" and was immediately jealous.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ILikeCake
8 hours ago, unregistered_guest said:

Can you just identify as a vegan, while stuffing your face with a bacon buttie that identifies as a tofu roll?

I work with a Muslim who says his wife is a vegetarian but loves a meat kebab every Friday night, wtf?

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ILikeCake said:

I work with a Muslim who says his wife is a vegetarian but loves a meat kebab every Friday night, wtf?

It's wise to see the hypocrisy in yourself, before criticising others. I am a hypocrite. I say it proudly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bkkandrew
3 hours ago, ILikeCake said:

I work with a Muslim who says his wife is a vegetarian but loves a meat kebab every Friday night, wtf?

Its a euphemism for him bringing his mates round for the evening. 

  • Lol 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bricks & Mortar

I've become a partial vegan recently.

I go as far as medical treatments, but still eat what I like because I think the body needs what it wants.

-------------------

And that is it.  You set your own rules when 'going vegan'.  As everyone does.  Some take it as far as wearing shoes made out of plant material, or rubber... others just do the food ... some eat eggs ... some eat fish... and there's always some arsehole wanting to say you're 'not a proper vegan' because they're more hairshirt and sackcloth and ashes than you.  Well fuck those guys.  You make your own truth according to your beliefs.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jamanda

My mum was vegetarian from about 5 - 45, then vegan for the rest of her life to 89 yrs.  If questioned, I could be very convincing.

(A proper vegan, which was very unusual for her generation)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there anything in the jabs that is made from plants?

My religion, carnivore, forbids me from consuming anything made from plants.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

unregistered_guest
1 hour ago, jm51 said:

Is there anything in the jabs that is made from plants?

My religion, carnivore, forbids me from consuming anything made from plants.

That's not enough.

You have to be an ethical carnivore. A person for whom salad dodging isn't merely an occasional thing you might dip into; it's a way of life that shapes your every waking moment and informs every aspect of your internal moral code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...