DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Praise the Lord

MrPin

When you read these current covid news articles, replace the word "vaccinated" to "baptised"!

Now you have burst the Matrix.:Old:

Gimme that old time religion.

Edited by MrPin
  • Agree 10

unregistered_guest

For the benefit of those who think @MrPin is a loon; I'd like to point out that the term baptism stems from the Greek word βάπτω, used in the dying industry to describe the dipping of an item so that it took on the nature of the dying agent in every single fibre, as well as sometimes being used to mean sinking/drowning.

It is also worth pointing out, that as well as the 'death' and 'dyeing' puns being exploited as an analogy by the authors of the New Testament scriptures; they made it clear that bathing a pig in a font is going to make it no more Christian than you or me. It is not the act that saves us.

The analogy I like best is that of Noah's Ark. Being immersed in water didn't save its occupants. It was being in a bloody big wooden boat that accomplished that!

What's that got to do with these mRNA treatments? Quite simply, if the data shows that the mere 'act' doesn't 'save' us; then if the real purpose of this man-made clusterfuck was to eliminate the 'God gene', what it will actually accomplish is to demonstrate the one thing we have known for millennia. God has a sense of humour!

• Informative 2

You have to be baptised twice to get a special hat, and be let into the holy night club. Otherwise you can sit in a hotel for a fortnight until all the sin wears off.

The get baptised again in the winter.

Then get children baptised, and baptised again.

It is the world that is mad, not I sir.

ashestoashes
6 hours ago, MrPin said:

When you read these current covid news articles, replace the word "vaccinated" to "baptised"!

Now you have burst the Matrix.:Old:

Gimme that old time religion.

did you have a 3.00 am epinphany ?

3 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

did you have a 3.00 am epinphany ?

The BBC world service was sounding like New Adventist Radio, so I guess I did.

• Lol 2

ashestoashes
2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The BBC world service was sounding like New Adventist Radio, so I guess I did.

good that someone's monitoring the state media

King Penda
1 hour ago, unregistered_guest said:

For the benefit of those who think @MrPin is a loon; I'd like to point out that the term baptism stems from the Greek word βάπτω, used in the dying industry to describe the dipping of an item so that it took on the nature of the dying agent in every single fibre, as well as sometimes being used to mean sinking/drowning.

It is also worth pointing out, that as well as the 'death' and 'dyeing' puns being exploited as an analogy by the authors of the New Testament scriptures; they made it clear that bathing a pig in a font is going to make it no more Christian than you or me. It is not the act that saves us.

The analogy I like best is that of Noah's Ark. Being immersed in water didn't save its occupants. It was being in a bloody big wooden boat that accomplished that!

What's that got to do with these mRNA treatments? Quite simply, if the data shows that the mere 'act' doesn't 'save' us; then if the real purpose of this man-made clusterfuck was to eliminate the 'God gene', what it will actually accomplish is to demonstrate the one thing we have known for millennia. God has a sense of humour!

Well they had a sense of humour with Achilles and the recent bbc adaptation topped the Iliad 

Edited by King Penda

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

be careful not to follow everything the lord tells you to do

warning - gruesome picture of lips and stitches

https://www.euronews.com/green/2021/08/03/priest-sews-his-mouth-shut-over-muting-of-climate-science-by-mainstream-media

He has abandoned whetever belief he had, and swapped it for "climate science". I'm going to tell God, whenever I bump into him again.

He will be Satan's bitch until the end of time.

That's pretty disturbing really. He should be locked up.

Edited by MrPin
  • Agree 3

Also I started talking about covid baptism, it appears that climate science martyrdom is also on the rise.

False religions.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

good that someone's monitoring the state media

I am not paid for it and I do it for no reason, other than I can.

unregistered_guest
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I am not paid for it and I do it for no reason, other than I can.

That's a bit shit. Should we create a GoFundMe page on your behalf?

After all, as the Good Book says, "The worker deserves his wages!"

25 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

That's a bit shit. Should we create a GoFundMe page on your behalf?

After all, as the Good Book says, "The worker deserves his wages!"

It's a hobby. Now I am listening to China Radio International on 15.250 MHz.

Conniption
9 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

be careful not to follow everything the lord tells you to do

warning - gruesome picture of lips and stitches

https://www.euronews.com/green/2021/08/03/priest-sews-his-mouth-shut-over-muting-of-climate-science-by-mainstream-media

demonic possession.

edited to add that when demons possess a human, they immediately strive to make the outside over into their own image, hence extreme body modifications, scarification, extensive tattoos, tongue splitting and so on. If you ever saw Firefly, the madmen Reavers did all this, too, and more. And worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaver_(Firefly)

Edited by Conniption
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2

1 hour ago, Conniption said:

demonic possession.

edited to add that when demons possess a human, they immediately strive to make the outside over into their own image, hence extreme body modifications, scarification, extensive tattoos, tongue splitting and so on. If you ever saw Firefly, the madmen Reavers did all this, too, and more. And worse.

I'm a horrible fucker and I hate tattoos and piercings with a passion :Jumping:

• Agree 2

Van Lady

Praise the Lord. It’s a nice hymn.

Personally I don’t believe in a god who will save us. Save us from what? Who will be saved? What is the correct interpretation of the god who will save us? I’m more drawn to the idea that when I die my conscious awareness will no longer exist.

I’m well aware I could be very wrong being a non believer in god and eternal salvation, whatever that is, but I’ll take my chances. I don’t know for sure and I don’t think anyone knows the absolute truth about individual consciousness surviving or being annihilated.

Human beings lives are less than a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things, smaller than a grain of sand etc.

I favour Buddhist philosophy, but not the religious aspect, because it simply says enjoy the now as best you can. They don’t have hymns instead they recommend meditation……observing one’s mind….all the thoughts that pop up…..in the moment to gain acceptance that everything changes.

The challenge is to be reasonably content in an ever changing existence. Not saying I’m an expert in that approach but it’s helped me immensely in life.

• Agree 1

Bien Pensant
3 hours ago, Conniption said:

demonic possession.

I'm afraid to look at the MSM lest I catch the nam-shub of Boris (or should that be the me of Boris) - I know you'll get that.

P.S. Shame Firefly got cancelled - the early episodes were a bit too much with the Western motif and the film tried to be too serious but the final episodes really were excellent, very much like The Expanse.

Conniption
12 minutes ago, Bien Pensant said:

I'm afraid to look at the MSM lest I catch the nam-shub of Boris (or should that be the me of Boris) - I know you'll get that.

:D

P.S. Shame Firefly got cancelled - the early episodes were a bit too much with the Western motif and the film tried to be too serious but the final episodes really were excellent, very much like The Expanse.

I one hundred percent agree with every word of your assessment.

Post/Buffy and to some extent post/Angel, Joss Whedon only got it right about 40% of the time. Dollhouse is a notable example. The finales of seasons one and two I found myself saying, why haven't I been watching this show the entire time?! 

The lesson, I suppose, is never trust a lefty who has a head like a lightbulb and dazzles idiot actresses into bed with a bunch of bullshit about what a feminist he is.

1386431230_18thAnnualCriticsChoiceMovieAwardszMgTXobG0VQx.thumb.jpg.2382d986d83a517c21f50752ed407a1a.jpg

edited to add completely un-retouched photo evidence of my assertion.

Edited by Conniption
  • Lol 1

I was just contemplating how the covid has become "religious", and people need something to believe in.

I suppose most religions have strange beliefs too, but also a moral centre, like M&Ms.

XswampyX
2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I was just contemplating how the covid has become "religious", and people need something to believe in.

I suppose most religions have strange beliefs too, but also a moral centre, like M&Ms.

And rituals.

Child sacrifice. Hand, space, wash your face?

The heretics, unclean subclass of humans.

Technical mumbo jumbo.... 95% efficacy, delta variant, BS1234.567 strain. Do you know your A B Delta's ?

Religious garments, face cloths and rubber gloves. Hair shirts for the true believers. ++ A good!

Can you repeat the 'scriptures' verbatim?

What's the latest guidance on 3 people in a room, but one of them isn't a follower? Do you follow the rituals or expel the infidel?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

And rituals.

Child sacrifice. Hand, space, wash your face?

The heretics, unclean subclass of humans.

Technical mumbo jumbo.... 95% efficacy, delta variant, BS1234.567 strain. Do you know your A B Delta's ?

Religious garments, face cloths and rubber gloves. Hair shirts for the true believers. ++ A good!

Can you repeat the 'scriptures' verbatim?

What's the latest guidance on 3 people in a room, but one of them isn't a follower? Do you follow the rituals or expel the infidel?

Yes, rituals, and that sort of thing. Kneeling, feet washing, special hats.

I wouldn't recommend any belief system doing child sacrifice. A baptism is sufficient.

XswampyX
3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

A baptism is sufficient.

So good you have to do it twice.

If covid is a religion, why are they afraid of dying? ;)