• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Stalkers - whois had them?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4468990/prince-george-stalker-royal-superfan-fraud-st-thomas-battersea/

I had a few when I was at Uni - girls who'd sit outside my flat and stuff like that. More a bit obsessed than total loons. One did go through my bin.

Oh there was a weird bloke who got obsessed - For the record Im a male heterosexual.

Ive had a couple at work in my 30s - just women who just sit around and look for about 30 minutes.

I had a few GFs who bordered on stalking to meet me- they called out it staking out and finding out where I was going out.

12 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4468990/prince-george-stalker-royal-superfan-fraud-st-thomas-battersea/

I had a few when I was at Uni - girls who'd sit outside my flat and stuff like that. More a bit obsessed than total loons. One did go through my bin.

Oh there was a weird bloke who got obsessed - For the record Im a male heterosexual.

Ive had a couple at work in my 30s - just women who just sit around and look for about 30 minutes.

I had a few GFs who bordered on stalking to meet me- they called out it staking out and finding out where I was going out.

Spy, you really should stop owing people money and then they might not have to resort to hassling you.  xD

back on topic, no, I've never been stalked. Was followed once by a creepy bloke coming home from town.  Luckily some people I know turned up and he fled. 

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Are you Brad Pitt?

I did this to a bloke once.  We were studying together. I could not take my eyes off him no matter how hard I tried.  He must have thought I really fancied him.  

However, it was the very poor hair transplant. I could not stop looking at it, wondering what would possess someone to do that to themselves. 

One female stalker. Person at work, duration 3 years. Would be everywhere I was. Numerous e-mails telling me I loved her.

One male stalker, currently ongoing, duration 10 years. Sociopath.

Heterosexual male :-)

Edited by Hopeful

That sounds like the consequence of shagging burds you didn't really want to. Easily avoided with age.

I was actually stalked by an ex-Page 3 model. I am not kidding.

We had a walk-in comms cabinet at work that I hid in as she cornered me in a part of the office that there was only one exit from.

I could hear the CFO arguing with her at 5:30 that he had to lock up as he was the last one there and she had to leave.

I went to the local pub hidden in the footwell of a friend's car. She was waiting down the road, so was a lucky escape!

Another stalking story:

There was a pub in a small village that did all afternoon drinking. The Queen's Arms I think.

One afternoon, I was enjoying an ale when another patron walked in that I recognised. I had not spoken directly to him before so enquired as to what he did. He said he was a stalker. Deer, of course. But he said it in a very strange way. He also said that he was not working that day and decided to have a drink because he was having girlfriend issues.

After a few drinks I was off and back home. Around 5:00pm he shot dead his estranged girlfriend and two of her children in a village near Ilminster.

Had one nutter of a girl who'd follow me and constantly ring my phone for about a month or so.

She wasn't an ex or even a girlfriend but for some reason she's taken an unhealthy shine to me and made a right pain in the arse of herself. She'd turn up on nights out uninvited (no idea how she knew where I was) and one night jumped on the same bus as me when I was going home. I legged it when I got off.

After a day of missed calls - 35 if I remember correctly, I was in the pub with another female friend of mine. A good Northern girl who took no shit, upon seeing the phone ring again, bade me hand it to her.

She took it and spoke for about a minute before handing it back; "You won't be hearing from her again", and she was right, I never did. 

3 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

I feel a touch left out now. I want one :/

I suspect you wouldn't in reality :)

Apparently I had loads in school, although I was completely oblivious to it, I only know this because one of them ending up marrying a friend of mine. She takes great delight in telling everybody I go out with how popular and attractive I was at school, groups of girls used to follow me round all day. I'd had a slight idea because about 5 or so years after I left school I'd dated a girl and she said the same, my assumption was these two girls knew each other and so it was just a couple of silly school girls, but on further investigation they didn't know each other.

Sounds like a brag, far from it, kicking myself from all the missed opportunities.

Thankfully nothing in adulthood.

I've had lots of gay men make approaches to me over the years. Still do (boasting :D ). I used to think it was rather ego-boosting but now I worry that they see something in me that I do not see in myself  O.o

Don't recall any nutter female stalkers but maybe my mind has blocked them out. Had plenty of nutty dates though but that is an altogether different thread ain't it.

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I've had lots of gay men make approaches to me over the years. Still do (boasting :D ). I used to think it was rather ego-boosting but now I worry that they see something in me that I do not see in myself  O.o

Don't recall any nutter female stalkers but maybe my mind has blocked them out. Had plenty of nutty dates though but that is an altogether different thread ain't it.

Actually that's reminded me, I suppose I was stalked for years by a gay guy. We were friends but it was clear he wanted it to be more than that, no problem with it I just used to brush it off and ignore it, although somebody we worked with did come and talk to me about it and to let me know he was gay (which I'd known from the very beginning). 

57 minutes ago, gilf said:

I suspect you wouldn't in reality :)

Apparently I had loads in school, although I was completely oblivious to it, I only know this because one of them ending up marrying a friend of mine. She takes great delight in telling everybody I go out with how popular and attractive I was at school, groups of girls used to follow me round all day. I'd had a slight idea because about 5 or so years after I left school I'd dated a girl and she said the same, my assumption was these two girls knew each other and so it was just a couple of silly school girls, but on further investigation they didn't know each other.

Sounds like a brag, far from it, kicking myself from all the missed opportunities.

Thankfully nothing in adulthood.

Ooh er. And you really didn't notice this gaggle of girls following you around?  Perhaps work on your skills of observation. You don't know what you might be missing.  xDo.O

No idea in this case but generally the publicised celebrity stalker incidents are fabricated to distort perception in some way. Either making it appear to have some super-loyal fan following or they're attractive to the opposite sex. Supposedly both Simon Cowell and David Walliams have had women find them so irresistible they've broken into their houses.

This could be genuine or could just be called not very many people clicked on the 'Prince George goes to school articles'. Typically incidents where there was a real threat often won't be in the news at all.

1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

That sounds like the consequence of shagging burds you didn't really want to. Easily avoided with age.

Nope. Hadnt shagged them. BArely said hello, just girls how lvied with girls I knew.

I had what I suppose could be called stalker. Middle aged, genuinely mental or social care case, who used to search me out in the library every day (large city public library,  3 floors) and just hang around near me. It was mildly amusing for a while, but eventually it drove me a bit mental, and I had to stop going. Luckily she never followed me when I left.

Did notice an ex following me once a few weeks after splitting up, and another suddenly organised a party shortly after splitting up, to which I promised to go but chickened out.

And on a different track, one of the girls in a language class a few years ago seemed to take a major dislike to me. She was a lesbian (really) and I think she was in some way offended that I was quite friendly with all the girls in the class. Anyway, it was weird.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Like you, a couple of weird obsessive blokes and for the record I'm male heterosexual.

No burds camping on my doorstep, but I've never encouraged them to be honest.

Edited by davidg

I've both had minor stalkers (both female) and have felt minor 'stalker thoughts'*.  I'm a bit sympathetic when I hear of people being stalkers (like Rory McGrath and Justin Collins) -- I think it is a proper mental illness, and should be treated a such.  You don't really hear about it in this capacity, though.  Certainly, you don't tend to find people being sympathetic to the stalkers...

* teenager stuff -- but I shook myself out of it before actually doing anything.  A bit like depression -- everyone feels down sometimes, but the truly depressed can't do the 'I suppose I've just got to get on with things' part after a couple of days of moroseness.  

14 minutes ago, dgul said:

I've both had minor stalkers (both female) and have felt minor 'stalker thoughts'*.  I'm a bit sympathetic when I hear of people being stalkers (like Rory McGrath and Justin Collins) -- I think it is a proper mental illness, and should be treated a such.  You don't really hear about it in this capacity, though.  Certainly, you don't tend to find people being sympathetic to the stalkers...

* teenager stuff -- but I shook myself out of it before actually doing anything.  A bit like depression -- everyone feels down sometimes, but the truly depressed can't do the 'I suppose I've just got to get on with things' part after a couple of days of moroseness.  

I wish death on both my stalkers such was/is their impact on my life. I don't care whether they are mental or not. The police won't do anything until there is a physical assault - thanks, yet my GF won't be alone in the house without the outer doors locked.

Edited by Hopeful

I started seeing a girl once, who had only recently split up with a rather crazy ex. He stalked me for a bit, calling my phone, lurking outside my work, passing threatening messages to people I knew. He never confronted me though and once I lost interest in the girl (she was fit but hard work, liked the drama far too much for my taste), he lost interest in me.