DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Litecoin, Coinbase etc

spunko

Never really seen the point of Litecoin, it just seems like a clone Bitcoin (well, it is). Does anyone have any?

If so, maybe read this: https://bitfinexed.medium.com/coinbase-insider-trading-litecoin-edition-be64ead3facc

Litecoin aside, I'm reading more and more negativity around Coinbase. They're generally regarded as the 'safer' way to trade/hold crypto.

Have a read of the top comment here, note this is just a theory, but it does hold some water IMO.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/comments/opotus/theory_the_mystery_behind_tethers_cp_and_the/

The more you go down the Tether / CCP rabbit hole, the more you wonder if Buttcoinists may be right.

Edited by spunko

Anyone thinking of selling their holdings (all of them)? I am. I'm getting worried about the Chinese, and Tether tanking everything. I've only got ~3 ETH left but I'll probably sell in a few days.

• Informative 1

Green Devil

Just another FUD account, ignore.. If you read Lees tweet he said he donated it all, so it doesnt really matter anyway, its not for personal gain.

https://bitfinexed.medium.com/

Its well known that tether is just what traders swap coins into, while they wait for a drop, they dont use fiat. If someone deposits 100BTC and sells it for tether, then that tether has to come from somewhere, if they dont have it, they get it from the tether printer, simples.

• Agree 1

goldbug9999
6 hours ago, spunko said:

Anyone thinking of selling their holdings (all of them)? I am. I'm getting worried about the Chinese, and Tether tanking everything. I've only got ~3 ETH left but I'll probably sell in a few days.

Your getting worried that £5k investment might tank, jesus grow a pair. I mean its not like you are short of a bob or two is it.

Edited by goldbug9999

goldbug9999
6 hours ago, spunko said:

If so, maybe read this: https://bitfinexed.medium.com/coinbase-insider-trading-litecoin-edition-be64ead3facc

Litecoin aside, I'm reading more and more negativity around Coinbase. They're generally regarded as the 'safer' way to trade/hold crypto.

This person "bitfinexed" has been tether fudding since 2016 and no evidenced to support his/her theories has ever surfaced. Before tether existed bitcoin was the de-factor means of moving money in/out of other cryptos, if tether dies most likely it will be again.

1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

Your getting worried that £5k investment might tank, jesus grow a pair. I mean its not like you are short of a bob or two is it.

I couldn't care less about my own crypto holdings, I partly expect it all to sink to zero. I'm thinking more about others, hence my asking if anyone held any.

Green Devil
1 minute ago, spunko said:

I couldn't care less about my own crypto holdings, I partly expect it all to sink to zero. I'm thinking more about others, hence my asking if anyone held any.

I think everyone in crypto thinks the same. We know the government and chinese and various fudders are going to try to kill crypto. Its always been the way. "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they join you".

We are at the fight stage. I think most of us are in for the long haul. Buy and hold until its worth selling the coins for villa in the sun and a fat monthly paycheck. Until then continue as normal. If the government kill it, so be it, but i dont think they will. They just want their tax take. This is what the latest regulation fud is about. But at the end of the day, once it becomes life changing for most, then the sunny tax haven means the gov wont get a sniff anyway. My 2c.

• Agree 3

goldbug9999
17 minutes ago, spunko said:

Your question came across to me as you looking to others to validate your decision, rather than concern for their well being, but fair enough if that wasnt the case.

Its a high risk asymmetric bet if anything though its less risky now though than its ever been.

Edited by goldbug9999

13 hours ago, Green Devil said:

I think everyone in crypto thinks the same. We know the government and chinese and various fudders are going to try to kill crypto. Its always been the way. "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they join you".

We are at the fight stage. I think most of us are in for the long haul. Buy and hold until its worth selling the coins for villa in the sun and a fat monthly paycheck. Until then continue as normal. If the government kill it, so be it, but i dont think they will. They just want their tax take. This is what the latest regulation fud is about. But at the end of the day, once it becomes life changing for most, then the sunny tax haven means the gov wont get a sniff anyway. My 2c.

I don't think @goldbug9999 is one of those people. Hence the overly aggressive posting style whenever anyone questions the validity of cryptocurrencies. 

Green Devil
1 hour ago, spunko said:

I don't think @goldbug9999 is one of those people. Hence the overly aggressive posting style whenever anyone questions the validity of cryptocurrencies. 

Something will come out of crypto. BTC ETH just a punt on the real deal winning or the ultimate central bank shitcoin winning (you lose). Looks like the ignorance of the legislation coming from yellen and the US, is going to take the technology out of the US. Itll just move offshore. The world is bigger than the US. Like ellio says people will just move where they are wanted. No big deal, innovation is relocatable. Its gonna happen with or without the US. 

• Agree 1

goldbug9999
2 hours ago, spunko said:

The word your looking for is "consistent" not aggressive. You were the one recently waxing lyrical about how marvellous Ethereum is and now your shitting your pants over some 5 year old fud ?. I make no apologies for being offhandedly dismissive of well know and debunked fudsters like bitfinexed .

Ethereum itself actually looks like a really good short/medium term bet to be honest although I'm having to curtail my own trading activity so as not to risk profits being classified as income, if I had some now would definitely not be the time I would be looking to offload as we seem to be into the next bull phase of the market generally.

Edited by goldbug9999
  • Agree 2

goldbug9999
1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

Something will come out of crypto. BTC ETH just a punt on the real deal winning or the ultimate central bank shitcoin winning (you lose). 

CBDCs arn't a threat to crypto any more than existing £/$/EUR etc. If anything the additional control and surveillance makes crypto even more desirable, as does the increased risk of money printing.

Looks like the ignorance of the legislation coming from yellen and the US, is going to take the technology out of the US. Itll just move offshore.

Its unenforceable for anything that is truly decentralised so yes there is a threat there because most cypto isnt actually that decentralised e.g. most so-called "DeFi". For example no bitcoin devs are paid by any official bitcoin organisation, lots of other coins have official orgs to fund development some even directly funded by new coin issuance from validators/miners, those especially the latter are all dead in the water if the new regs go through.

Edited by goldbug9999

Green Devil
1 hour ago, goldbug9999 said:

CBDCs arn't a threat to crypto any more than existing £/$/EUR etc. If anything the additional control and surveillance makes crypto even more desirable, as does the increased risk of money printing.

Its unenforceable for anything that is truly decentralised so yes there is a threat there because most cypto isnt actually that decentralised e.g. most so-called "DeFi". For example no bitcoin devs are paid by any official bitcoin organisation, lots of other coins have official orgs to fund development some even directly funded by new coin issuance from validators/miners, those especially the latter are all dead in the water if the new regs go through.

Including ETH2.0 :Jumping:

Green Devil

More regulation fud, id be more worried about this lot of goons, regs pertaining under the guise AML and terrorists etc, these lot have the power and are endorsed by the usual suspects.

• Informative 1

On 07/08/2021 at 13:28, goldbug9999 said:

ETH2.0 is still years away as I understand it.

And that's why Cardano is going to smash the whole industry apart.

It's looking very bullish at the moment.....formed 3 white soldiers....lovely trend reversal. Could fall into bear market and drop to 1$....but there's no signals to suggest a fall...instead it looks like $4 is very achievable. 

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 2

Green Devil

Interesting developments on the us infrastructure bill. Like youll need to have a broker licence to stake or mine crypto. 

Not really surprising. Us politicians looking after their banker scum mates. You cant have the plebs making 5% on their holdings, thats for the elites, bankers. Cunts. 

• Informative 1

38 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Interesting developments on the us infrastructure bill. Like youll need to have a broker licence to stake or mine crypto. 

Not really surprising. Us politicians looking after their banker scum mates. You cant have the plebs making 5% on their holdings, thats for the elites, bankers. Cunts. 

This.

Fat old cunts indeed.    There's going to be one mega confrontation brewing.

Green Devil
1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

This.

Fat old cunts indeed.    There's going to be one mega confrontation brewing.

Fuck em indeed. I can see thus being copied by all the g7 even g20. Time to start looking abroad for those that got in early. We probably have til 2023. So much for banning crypto. We'll just take the yield off you. I see Sir charles is one of the few who has spoken out on the bullshit bill... Good for you lad. 

reformed nice guy
On 06/08/2021 at 20:08, spunko said:

I am holding long term as I have already taken out a good bit more than I have put in.

Saying that, I am going to take out me and my wifes CGT limit shortly as its looking "toppy". It will go towards the mortgage and to minimise drawings from my company. I personally wouldnt take it out to build a large fiat holding but thats just me.

I have owned all the usual suspects from the second wave (xrp, ada, xlm, ltc, iota, dash, zec) but got out them a while ago. I now only hold btc (about 90%), eth and a little xmr

Edited by reformed nice guy
  • Informative 2