• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Better restaurant names

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

I saw kebabs for sale from Jason's Doner Van somewhere recently but can't recall where.

:D That reminds me... on the A1067 in Norfolk there was a sign advertising "Bear's Grill" . Made me grin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sarahbell said:

http://confidentials.com/manchester/steaks-on-a-plane-the-steakout-bolton-reviewed?id=59ba4d14c18b2

it's called The Steak Out but would be better called Steaks on a plane. :)

Naff idea for a dining room, but given they have installed it I would have called the restaurant Fuselage, memorable, punchy and easy to say 'meet you at 8.00pm at Fuselage'

Let's hope for the punters that it isn't a fly-by-night venture

 

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SNACR said:

I saw kebabs for sale from Jason's Doner Van somewhere recently but can't recall where.

Outside Sainsburys in Bradford-on-Avon it seems for anyone who can stomach a kebab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

Naff idea for a dining room, but given they have installed it I would have called the restaurant Fuselage, memorable, punchy and easy to say 'meet you at 8.00pm at Fuselage'

Let's hope for the punters that it isn't a fly-by-night venture

 

That sounds like a line straight out of American Psycho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mihnjeeta said:

The sign for this place made me smile as I was driving home from hols this summer:

The Black Cock Inn

 

Some great questions...

Quote

Do you do veggie meals in the afternoons and evenings?
5 December 2016|
AnswerShow all 2 answers
Response from InvictaMoto | Reviewed this property |
Yes. Go on their website. They have the menus.... google black cock in caerphilly - sadly TA doesn't like competition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

You'll love this one: there's a hairdressers' in Cumbria called A Cut Above.

Bloody hilarious. 

A bloke at work's wife runs a small company that does alterations to clothes.

They are called "Sew And Sews".

Oh how we all chortled when he told us...

NOT..!!!!

;)

 

XYY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2017 at 08:43, sarahbell said:

http://confidentials.com/manchester/steaks-on-a-plane-the-steakout-bolton-reviewed?id=59ba4d14c18b2

it's called The Steak Out but would be better called Steaks on a plane. :)

I'll post up a picture for maximum effect. Great idea. They may need to install a lift for increased accessibility.

170914-steaks-on-a-plane-review-2017-09-14-PHOTO-00000485.jpg

Edited by 201p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2017 at 23:25, blobloblob said:

You'll love this one: there's a hairdressers' in Cumbria called A Cut Above.

Bloody hilarious. 

There's a door furniture shop in Dublin (possibly long gone now) called Knobs and Knockers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.