• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Sepsis

IS there more sepsis about now?

I know someone who died of it after it being missed by the hospital. His is a particularly tragic case as he had bowel cancer symptoms and his GP shooed him away so he got a private test done. The NHS then messed up his treatment. Poor lad.

I was only thinking yesterday that there seems to be far more articles in the media warning about it. Not sure why there would be an increase.

Perhaps people are avoiding the NHS for cuts and injuries, during to waiting times, that they should get seen? Or is this another benefit of migrant enrichment.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3488423/

However, owing to the increasing incidence of sepsis, the number of people who die each year continues to increase. The mortality with sepsis, particularly related to treating organ dysfunction, remains a priority to clinicians worldwide and is deserving of greater public health attention.

Mother in law had it recently, nasty, like really bad flu symptoms couple of days and blamed jet lag, couldn't hold down any food/liquids and instantly went to sleep - pretty much going out of consciousness on the spot. Doctor didn't identify it, she had bruising up the arms. Father in law called out ambulance a couple of hours after doctor left and admitted, at first antibiotics didn't work and they had to go through a mix of antibiotics to treat the atypical pneumonia. Apparently sepsis is often linked to pneumonia.

An old colleague died in the summer after contracting sepsis after relatively minor knee surgery. 

After surviving mrsa myself I do wonder if they are using sepsis instead of saying superbug because it sounds less scary.

I don't know why they changed the name; there was a big campaign (still running) by the mother of a boy who died from sepsis.

I'd never heard of it so looked it up and it's a fancy new name for septicaemia or most simply: blood poisoning.

Why on earth change a name everyone understands to something that sounds like a brand new disease so will only confuse people?

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I don't know why they changed the name; there was a big campaign (still running) by the mother of a boy who died from sepsis.

I'd never heard of it so looked it up and it's a fancy new name for septicaemia or most simply: blood poisoning.

Why on earth change a name everyone understands to something that sounds like a brand new disease so will only confuse people?

There does seem to be a relentless need to change words at the moment. At least in this case it's easier to spell.

5 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

My father in law cut his hand while shucking oysters, nearly died of sepsis two years ago. Ended up in intensive care for about two months.

Serves him right for trying to shuck an oyster, the filthy beast.

5 hours ago, Thombleached said:

Probably wouldn't be happening if they'd left all the copper handles all over hospital doors. 

I've had a bit of a theory for a while that all the wheeling around and plugging in of electrical equipment in modern hospitals might be a factor in spreading microbes around.

Also squirting alcohol based hand gel everywhere seems to have become a poor substitute for genuine cleanliness.

My late mother died from sepsis.

She was 78, very active socially and reasonably fit and well for her age. She fell while on a dog walk and broke her leg. Sometime after that healed she complained about a very painful hip so was sent for a scan. Two weeks after the scan she collapsed on a Sunday morning and was admitted to hospital.

Both my younger sisters are ex nurses and they stayed at the hospital overnight. On Monday morning they lodged a complaint about poor care standards on the ward. No obs done, not seen by a doctor etc.

After a doctor looked at the scan from two weeks prior around midday she was sent for emergency surgery as her hip was infected. She ended up in intensive care but it was too late. She never regained consciousness and died just over a week later.

Perhaps if sepsis had been diagnosed and she had been given antibiotics she may have recovered.

Sepsis used to be called blood poisoning. It's just bacteria in the blood. The bacteria release toxins which kill you.

Sepsis is caused by streptococcus and staphylococcus.

Because the fuck cunts who control society have a need to increase their take from society via increased profits....they have pumped antibiotics into animal feeds....so those poor fucking pigs live in abdominal conditions.  So we eat antibiotics and bacteria have become resistant.

so, if we get a simple infection, it can enter the blood stream. If you are unlucky enough to have this infection you end up with sepsis.

ps....If you have an infection in a toe nail or finger nail which gets worse and ends up with strips going up your arm or leg....then get to A&E asap.  It's sepsis.