DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

"Razor blades on back of anti-vaxx posters"

spunko

5 minutes ago, spunko said:

This may have been touched on in other threads, but I felt it deserved its own.

Quick rundown: MSM carrying stories about razor blades being "taped to the back of anti-vaxx posters" and maiming the brave people who tear them down.

Example: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19478579.young-woman-cut-razor-blade-hidden-behind-anti-mask-poster/

Something somewhat off about this. Firstly, the razor blade is still attached to the back of the poster in her photo, yet there is some blood on there. How did she cut herself with it? Bit odd.

Secondly, this woman is on Twitter. You may be surprised to hear she's a normal, regular woman with kids and a 9-5 in Tesco.

...Only joking! it's an attention-seeking, (possibly?) mentally ill tranny of non-specific gender. Definitely would never make anything up for attention.

E8XZ4ibWUAETS35.jpg

Thirdly "she" won't even give her full or real name. All she has given is "Layla". I await Kiwifarms doing their research into this person - I wonder what they might find?

More worryingly, this single, clearly fictional event is now being used to send 'alerts' to other NHS healthcare groups, a moral panic in the making:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/malling/news/warning-over-anti-vaccination-razor-blade-trap-252067/

Probably just as true as this one. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58020985

I didnt know you could cut yourself through laminated paper while also not cutting through the laminate. Look at the blood just floating on top of it. 

SmartSelect_20210811-105525_Brave.jpg

Edited by Myco
  • Agree 5

Austin Allegro

This is much the same as the urban myths about aids-infected needles being left on cinema seats in the 80s.

• Agree 9

1 minute ago, Myco said:

Probably just as true as this one. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58020985

I didnt know you could cut yourself through laminated paper while also not cutting through the laminate. Look at the blood just floating on top of it. 

It's the same story/person. They've given "her" name as Layla Stokes this time.

That's my issue, it sounds like it's a widespread problem, but it's just one loony (either her making it up, or if it's genuine then one loony in her neighbourhood). Not a nationwide problem.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

Someone has complained to the So Called about it, from the UKColumn website:

I am a qualified first aider with forty years’ experience of patching up injuries.

The photos very obviously show that the woman has put fake blood on her hand. There is no damaged skin visible on the bloody photo – only two lines where ‘blood’ has run into the natural skin creases of her palm, and a small pool of ‘blood’.

Then on the other photo of her hand there is a magically healed line purporting to be the cut.
Such a ‘wound’ is very easy to fake by using a thin line of superglue to stick the skin together to give the appearance of a cut.
And the fake blood has been wiped off, but the ‘wound’ has obviously not yet been washed – yet the ‘cut’ (supposedly ‘thoroughly deep’) has sealed up perfectly and is no longer even weeping. This woman has quite magical healing powers.

The story also says that the woman cut herself on the blade when screwing up the poster – yet there are not even any creases in the laminated sheet – just not possible and so this is also therefore a lie.

They are referring to the photos in this article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58020985

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 2

The Masked Tulip

It would not surprise me to see similar stories appearing in the regional papers. Mirror Group isn't it?

Just now, spunko said:

Someone has complained to the So Called about it, from the UKColumn website:

They are referring to the photos in this article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58020985

Ah, already allegedly happened in Wales. 

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

It would not surprise me to see similar stories appearing in the regional papers. Mirror Group isn't it?

Yeah, it originates from the Mirror Group so they will syndicate it, if not already done so.

• Informative 3

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's the same story/person. They've given "her" name as Layla Stokes this time.

That's my issue, it sounds like it's a widespread problem, but it's just one loony (either her making it up, or if it's genuine then one loony in her neighbourhood). Not a nationwide problem.

My bad, thought it must be a new incident.

I didn't think a Scottish website would even bother covering it. 

Its incredibly obvious it is lying here. 

Oh look, they're profiting off the increased awareness and sympathy. 

Wait, they're also a sticker bomber/graffiti artist.. So you mean their job is related to things being hung up in the street/making a statement, interesting. u

Most journalists these days deserve to starve. 

SmartSelect_20210811-110353_Brave.jpg

SmartSelect_20210811-110534_Brave.jpg

Edited by Myco
  • Informative 2

Austin Allegro

Seems to be what Stalin called a 'useful idiot'.

In this case, useful to discredit anyone daring to question the official narrative.

• Agree 1

moneyscam
1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

This was reported on BBC Wales News.

Please take this threat seriously.

Absolutely. I've just ordered some of these even if I have no intention of ever touching these vile antivaxxer stickers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Resistant-Kitchen-Butcher-Protection/dp/B01ABW7SOM/ref=asc_df_B01ABW7SOM/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=205313710007&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13731379157254184062&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006602&hvtargid=pla-421979398731&psc=1

71x9wYL89OL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Lol 4

Snake Plissken

This is clearly bollocks, however could be unintended consequences - makes some fool who was going to rip down a sticker think twice :)

• Agree 5
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

Dogtania
28 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

This is much the same as the urban myths about aids-infected needles being left on cinema seats in the 80s.

It was razor blades being stuck to the inside of water slides in my 80's locale.

It may have happened once who knows but doesn't matter, will still get co-opted for propaganda purposes.

That lady looks pretty suspect whoever she is.  Reminds me of Lucy foster at the beeb (she/her) 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Fully Detached

Well clearly it's bollocks, but just to be on the safe side, but might I suggest that the safest course of action may be to not rip the posters down?

Edit - @Snake Plissken beat me to it

Edited by Fully Detached
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1

Bus Stop Boxer
1 hour ago, spunko said:

This may have been touched on in other threads, but I felt it deserved its own.

Quick rundown: MSM carrying stories about razor blades being "taped to the back of anti-vaxx posters" and maiming the brave people who tear them down.

Example: https://www.thenational.scot/news/19478579.young-woman-cut-razor-blade-hidden-behind-anti-mask-poster/

Something somewhat off about this. Firstly, the razor blade is still attached to the back of the poster in her photo, yet there is some blood on there. How did she cut herself with it? Bit odd.

Secondly, this woman is on Twitter. You may be surprised to hear she's a normal, regular woman with kids and a 9-5 in Tesco.

...Only joking! it's an attention-seeking, (possibly?) mentally ill tranny of non-specific gender. Definitely would never make anything up for attention.

E8XZ4ibWUAETS35.jpg

Thirdly "she" won't even give her full or real name. All she has given is "Layla". I await Kiwifarms doing their research into this person - I wonder what they might find?

More worryingly, this single, clearly fictional event is now being used to send 'alerts' to other NHS healthcare groups, a moral panic in the making:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/malling/news/warning-over-anti-vaccination-razor-blade-trap-252067/

I hope it is triple jabbed.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spunko said:

You may be surprised to hear she's a normal, regular woman with kids and a 9-5 in Tesco.

...Only joking! it's an attention-seeking, (possibly?) mentally ill tranny of non-specific gender.

:D Imagine my surprise!

Jussie Smollet approves. 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

Chewing Grass

Many years ago it was handrails on stairs they were taped to, nothing new and I think it was a scare scam back then.

11 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Many years ago it was handrails on stairs they were taped to, nothing new and I think it was a scare scam back then.

Didn't metalheads tape them to the outside of jacket sleeves then walk at people. 

Yadda yadda yadda
1 hour ago, Dogtania said:

It was razor blades being stuck to the inside of water slides in my 80's locale.

How was that supposed to work? Stop yourself part way down to stick the razor blade down in a wet environment before the next punter smashed into you? Or was it meant to be done at the top where someone else would see you?

As bollocks as this razor blade poster idea. You don't screw up laminated paper so a razor blade in the middle is pointless.

These are the sort of things that playground rumours are made of. Add a bit of Chinese whispers (ooops, is that racist?) all the better. Not the sort of shit that journalists should repeat as it is too obviously nonsense. Even for propaganda purposes. Local newspaper mirror group staff get paid very little now so it isn't surprising they print this crap.

• Agree 2

Such obviously another hate hoax, it has been mentioned on another thread I seem to remember and it just doesn't hang together - as the UKColumn bit of this thread so succinctly put.

• Agree 3