DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I have now returned to Alt coins

haroldshand

haroldshand

I think I have played the last 3 months pretty well, my wallet held Eth and BTC just sit hidden away never to be touched.

But my exchange account which is probably now over a third of a my crypto involvement was changed to all to BTC after I cashed all my alt coins back in May, first I went to stable coins and then thought it f*** just have it in BTC as I am in for the long game and the feeling was nice even though BTC dropped since Christmas that I had nearly doubled my BTC this year through alt coin spot trading which nearly always shoots ahead of a BTC bull run.

Last couple of weeks I am starting to feel we could be picking up the BTC bull run again and have been nervous about when to rejoin alts, this past week I have now loaded up with 11 coins

Is anyone else getting back into alts or did you never leave?

never gave up on ADA lol

graph watching and trying to trade this stuff is a bit of a double edged sword though.....I saw 1.9€ yesterday, thought it looked a bit 'toppy' and quel surprise it double topped in the middle of the night

It's still all about the FED for me, risk off into September and October and everything will take a dump again so I am sort of thinking I might go cash somewhat....hmmmmmm

• Lol 1

haroldshand
19 hours ago, nirvana said:

never gave up on ADA lol

graph watching and trying to trade this stuff is a bit of a double edged sword though.....I saw 1.9€ yesterday, thought it looked a bit 'toppy' and quel surprise it double topped in the middle of the night

It's still all about the FED for me, risk off into September and October and everything will take a dump again so I am sort of thinking I might go cash somewhat....hmmmmmm

19 hours ago, nirvana said:

I have picked 11 coins not including my BTC and BTC.

Matic, Link, FTT , Dot, Mina and SOL being among my favorites, Sol has done me proud already

I really like ADA and have held it, not for it now because I feel like it might be a FOMO decision on my part and right now I am just looking at it's market, I dare say I will proven wrong though

• Bogged 1

haroldshand
8 hours ago, Tingles said:

Never left.  Will be a different sorry Q4.

I tend to agree with you, but as time moves on my belief the cycles  could well be changing, come the next halving in a few years and I am sure the cycles will be totally done with

Sugarlips

I’ve held on grimly to my Theta through this mini bear market and I’ll probably jinx it but I’m now only down 12% which is about the lowest loss yet (it got to about 60% down at one point) fingers x’d the rally persists all the way back into the green but who knows. As for whether I should just cash out at breakeven I haven’t a clue but I now know the pullbacks are brutal!

goldbug9999
On 15/08/2021 at 08:30, haroldshand said:

e Christmas that I had nearly doubled my BTC this year through alt coin spot trading which nearly always shoots ahead of a BTC bull run.

... which is why I dont trade, or at least very very rarely - someone else was on the losing side of your trades and by not trading I might forgo some potential profits  but I also ensure I'm not the one funding your gains.

Thing is everyone thinks they are fucking genius when they are up in their first crypto bull season but the market has a habit of destroying patterns and cycles just when you think you have sussed it (and heavily bet on it).

haroldshand
26 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

... which is why I dont trade, or at least very very rarely - someone else was on the losing side of your trades and by not trading I might forgo some potential profits  but I also ensure I'm not the one funding your gains.

Thing is everyone thinks they are fucking genius when they are up in their first crypto bull season but the market has a habit of destroying patterns and cycles just when you think you have sussed it (and heavily bet on it).

Fair points, but to be honest I don't really class what I do as trading and in all the time I have played about with alt coins which is  probably just this last year and only get in on a promising Bitcoin Bull run and then I am out first sign of danger. It seems when BTC goes up 1% the alts average about 10% which led me to believe and it was confirmed the same happens on the way down.

But the really mad thing is that the Bear run we started in May with BTC and that large quick drop, alts held up really well for days or even a week leaving people plenty of time to get into stable coins or what I eventually did all BTC and Eth. I never got out of top of what my high was, but I did get about 600% from Jan to May and added to my BTC and eth and held them alone and have not been back for 3 months.

Strategy... I hold no more than 12 coins and constantly tinker with them as I research, and most of my research revolves listening to far cleverer people than myself who put the work in, and no they might not be right which is why I spread the risk with 10 ish coins.

Nearly all of them out performed BTC today with SOL up 40% alone at one point.

I never never never leverage and have never shorted, just spot trade which has me holding some coins for months sometimes

I am still holding my ETH and GRT. Am looking for a few more, considering AAVE but something a bit 'off' about it.

hapax legomenon

ACH is an interesting one, big plans for the future. Was pumping a couple of weeks ago, now has settled down. Have some of these riding for free and will be interesting to see where it goes. The CEO did a q&a last night 

haroldshand
5 hours ago, spunko said:

I am still holding my ETH and GRT. Am looking for a few more, considering AAVE but something a bit 'off' about it.

I like AAVE, held it up until April this year, did consider it last week, still considering it along with AMP

haroldshand
38 minutes ago, hapax legomenon said:

ACH is an interesting one, big plans for the future. Was pumping a couple of weeks ago, now has settled down. Have some of these riding for free and will be interesting to see where it goes. The CEO did a q&a last night 

I am going to start looking hard at the lower market cap alts in the next few weeks and say outside the top 200, I cannot see it being to scary as long as I spread myself

hapax legomenon
23 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

I am going to start looking hard at the lower market cap alts in the next few weeks and say outside the top 200, I cannot see it being to scary as long as I spread myself

What are you using to trade the less popular alt coins?  

haroldshand
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hapax legomenon said:

I am using Binance, but the more you move down the market cap the more chances are they are not touching many coins, they have a few in the 300's.

This is something I need to look into, how to get hold of the £10 million cap coins that are hardly touched or new..

My lowest cap at the moment is in the 190's... INJ

Edited by haroldshand
  • Informative 1

11 hours ago, hapax legomenon said:

I use KuCoin (via USDT deposits).

• Informative 2

On 17/08/2021 at 18:21, hapax legomenon said:

I use this exchange for new stuff about to hit the market. And 4Chan if you want to find out the latest pumps .

The exchange is probably as dodgy as fuck, so best to get purchases into your own wallet asap, and don't leave them in your account.

https://ascendex.com/en/global-digital-asset-platform

hapax legomenon
41 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I use this exchange for new stuff about to hit the market. And 4Chan if you want to find out the latest pumps .

The exchange is probably as dodgy as fuck, so best to get purchases into your own wallet asap, and don't leave them in your account.

https://ascendex.com/en/global-digital-asset-platform

Thanks, will take a look

• 1 month later...

Have used some beer money\dust on the following:

100 VRA

200 ACH

40 USO

on gate.io

4mil SHIB on binance for shits and giggles

All in its only about $50 if these pump I will transfer to BTC/ETH if they go to zero I wont care.

Main reasons for picking them is they havent pumped recently and im going for a spray and pray approach to alts.

Couldnt stop myself having a little dabble even though I am still holding onto my XLM and XVG from the last bubble!

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
fourstarpetrol

My two main alts are LTC and XMR. I really like Litecoin as it does all that Bitcoin does except is so much faster and has very low transaction fees. I know there is the BTC lightning network these days that attempts to get around this but I don't think it's ideal. Monero is the best privacy coin with fully obfuscated blockchain.

Also had a punt on a couple of obscure ones: telcoin (TEL) and iExec RLC (RLC). They may or may not go anywhere but they look like interesting projects.

• 2 weeks later...
With a crooked smile

... Edit

Edited by With a crooked smile