DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I'm riddled with Covid, apparently

Alex

Supposed to fly tomorrow from Deutschland to Moldova for a holiday. Got a PCR test yesterday, came back positive today.

On the negative side:

- holiday fucked (got refunds for all but 150 Euros of flights)

- home quarantine for 14 days (think I can reduce it with another PCR test after, say, 5 days)

- No Moldovan women for me.

- Moldova changed their rules today so I could have got in with a standard rapid-antigen test, saving me 80 Euros and probably would have been negative.

On the positive side:

- once this is settled I'll have five months of no testing required, basically the same rights as the vaccinated Ubermenschen. However, I object on principle so won't be dining in restaurants, drinking in bars, etc.

- this keeps the rabid jabbers away from me, at least until mid-Feb.

I did a rapid antigen test at home after this and it came back negative. Same for both my daughters. I suspect the PCR result is a false positive but meh, I'll take it.

I feel absolutely fine. Very slightly raised neck glands indicating my immune system is twatting something, but no corona symptoms of any kind. I'm 50 years old, strong and reasonably fit. Let's see what this deadly virus can do...

See image: strange that the CT-value numbers are different for German vs English.

xscreenshot_-20210815T213455.png

• Agree 2
  • Informative 7
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

Supposed to fly tomorrow from Deutschland to Moldova for a holiday. Got a PCR test yesterday, came back positive today.

On the negative side:

- home quarantine for 14 days (think I can reduce it with another PCR test after, say, 5 days)

- Moldova changed their rules today so I could have got in with a standard rapid-antigen test, saving me 80 Euros and probably would have been negative.

On the positive side:

- once this is settled I'll have five months of no testing required, basically the same rights as the vaccinated Ubermenschen. However, I object on principle so won't be dining in restaurants, drinking in bars, etc.

I did a rapid antigen test at home after this and it came back negative. Same for both my daughters. I suspect the PCR result is a false positive but meh, I'll take it.

I feel absolutely fine. Very slightly raised neck glands indicating my immune system is twatting something, but no corona symptoms of any kind. I'm 50 years old, strong and reasonably fit. Let's see what this deadly virus can do...

See image: strange that the CT-value numbers are different for German vs English.

You could have avoided all of this, if only you took the jab.

• Lol 10

Jesus Wept
32 minutes ago, Alex said:

I feel absolutely fine. Very slightly raised neck glands indicating my immune system is twatting something, but no corona symptoms of any kind….

If you had had the jab your raised neck glands would not be raised….

• Lol 1

13 minutes ago, Reck B said:

You could have avoided all of this, if only you took the jab.

You're actually correct in that I could have travelled without a test, despite probably having exactly the same viral load (between zero and something). Clown world.

• Agree 6

Democorruptcy

Must be worth querying why the German is 23 and the English 9, at least for compo for the flights, if it's their error it's classed it as positive.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Must be worth querying why the German is 23 and the English 9, at least for compo for the flights, if it's their error it's classed it as positive.

Yeah, I'll do that tomorrow. It doesn't inspire confidence in the testing standards.

Edit: actually no, I won't. They might rescind the test and since I've already missed my holiday I'd rather have the proof of my natural immunity.

Edited by Alex
  • Lol 1

Lightscribe

Just think of how many people you could have saved by just getting the jab…they’ll all die now.

Take this as a life lesson. Jib jab save the tab (to the taxpayer that now has to pay for your hospitalisation) just you think about that.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

the gardener
3 hours ago, Alex said:

On the negative side:

On the positive side:

I've just had covid.

I can't say I noticed.

I'm over 50.

Edited by the gardener
  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 6

The Grey Man
2 minutes ago, the gardener said:

I've just had covid.

I can't say I noticed.

I'm over 50.

Welcome brother. Sans Vax.

• Cheers 1

the gardener
1 minute ago, The Grey Man said:

Welcome brother. Sans Vax.

Indeed. I have not been vaxxecuted and will not be. Ever.

• Cheers 2

The Grey Man
11 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Indeed. I have not been vaxxecuted and will not be. Ever.

I should have added that you have had a dose of infection.

Sans vax. Au naturel. Good

Hail the Tripod
17 hours ago, Alex said:

On the negative side:

On the positive side:

8C2717B4-10DB-4F2C-A573-0F53AEBA7BE8.jpeg

• Lol 4

The Generation Game
On 15/08/2021 at 22:49, Lightscribe said:

Just think of how many people you could have saved by just getting the jab…they’ll all die now.

Take this as a life lesson. Jib jab save the tab (to the taxpayer that now has to pay for your hospitalisation) just you think about that.

On the plus side, Germany (or Moldova - or both!) can add the entire population of Moldova to the number of cases avoided thanks to the testing regulations. 

• Agree 1

Alonso Quijano
On 15/08/2021 at 21:14, Democorruptcy said:

A jab might have reduced the worst of your symptoms.

But then killed you later when you weren't expecting it!

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

On the plus side, Germany (or Moldova - or both!) can add the entire population of Moldova to the number of cases avoided thanks to the testing regulations. 

Statistically incorrect. I'd only have infected females between the ages of 22 and 35.

Update: Christ, I feel like I'm dying...

...of boredom.

I have a slight headache, mildly stiff neck, nothing else. Doing weights at home, reading old sci-fi novels and too much of this site. Meh.

Scary mutant killer virus meets 50-year-old overweight alcoholic Englishman's immune system, rolls over and dies.

Checked my messages and on 5th August I mentioned to a mate that I could tell my immune system was fighting something off, assumed it was a summer cold.

Took an antigen test on the 10th for the gym, which was negative (then did 150kg squats so clearly not ill), as was the home antigen test on the 15th. So only the PCR test on the 15th was positive.

Maybe I have it, maybe I don't.

Should be free from home quarantine obligations 14 days from onset, so this Thursday.

Weirdest thing is friends and family telling me they hope I feel better soon, hope it doesn't get worse, etc. I keep telling them that I' m fine, that without the PCR test I wouldn't even know I had it. Most of them just cannot process that information.

So I got my daughter to record a 30-second video of me doing fast 15kg bicep curls to a soundtrack of Rammstein's "Feuer Frei" and sent it to them all.

Silence.

Fucking clown world.

• Lol 4
  • Cheers 5

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Scary mutant killer virus meets 50-year-old overweight alcoholic Englishman's immune system, rolls over and dies.

Eating more desserts and drinking more booze sounds like a good plan. Luckily I had a home delivery today that included both, it's going to go down well now. Cheers!

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Eating more desserts and drinking more booze sounds like a good plan. Luckily I had a home delivery today that included both, it's going to go down well now. Cheers!

Booze gets boring quite quickly though. I think the Scummy one had it right with one day on, two off

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ccc said:

Why are you adhering to the 14 day rule ? 

Ze Germans like to dob people in. Various people know I've tested positive. Also it's an excuse to sit on my arse for five days. I work for myself so it's no big deal.

• Informative 1