DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Will there be anymore UK 'covid' lockdowns?

Caravan Monster

Will there be anymore UK 'covid' lockdowns?   

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Caravan Monster

About a month since the last pointless (extended for a month at the last minute because #TheScience) lockdown ended and with Autumn approaching, how long until the next one starts? Will there be one? My money is on another media ramped casedemic, with a new angle to push the CommonPass digital IDs / 'vaccine' passports on the wider population. No Christmas dinner, office parties, presents or foreign holidays for the unstabbed or something.

Are we currently in a trough with no masks etc, required by the behavioural psychologists before the next wave of pressure to push permanent restrictions on the population? An outside possibility is more domestic restrictions based on a new 'emergency'. I get the impression that the 'climate' 'emergency' is being considered as justification for something mad like government measures restricting access to fuel or travel. Boris the idiot has been making noises about getting British troops back into Afghanistan immediately after the 'Biden' regime gave it back to the tribal warlords, that could inspire some terrorist attacks on mainland UK by 'jihadis' requiring restrictions on independent media and the internet for 'public safety'.

Edited by spunko
  • Agree 3

wherebee
23 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Yes, of course. It is the agenda that is being driven. Anyone who still think this is about a virus is beyond stupid IMPO.

I got up this morning with the intention of messaging 3 or 4 friends a couple of the videos about ADE that I posted on here recently. I composed a succinct message in my mind to try to get them to watch the vids. But I know they won't.

So I cleaned my kitchen and decided it is no longer worth trying with anyone. Not anyone. Just sit back and watch this madness of jabbing, of more lockdowns and more crazy continue to its inevitable end.

Instead I have decided to focus on my own health and spiritually in the last weeks of Summer before it all goes nuts again. 

yeah, sadly, I have a number of very good mates in the UK who I just won't send any more information too, as they are all jabbed and see anything suggesting jabs are not the answer as conspiracy land.

• Agree 11

Although I'm in Germany not the UK, I've been telling friends for months that by end of October we'll all be locked down again. I now think it's more likely to be early-mid October.

• Agree 5

Yadda yadda yadda

People are still supposed to wear masks in Scotland. Lockdown hasn't truly been lifted whilst those restrictions are in place. Not sure about NI and Wales.

Can the Government impose restrictions again if people ignore them? If they go extreme like Australia then clearly they can. Compliance with a new masks mandate in England will be lower. We can now see that a very large proportion of the population does not want to wear them. Some will not re-start if told to. Other lockdown rules such as having people round to your own home will also be ignored. How many would obey and not visit relatives at Christmas this year? Impossible to know but I expect there would be much more rule breaking. Obviously they can shut pubs, restaurants, gyms, etc by decree. They would need more furlough to do that. Can they find the money?

The UK public is now used to a level of illness and death assigned to Corona virus. To reimpose lockdown requires a substantial increase in deaths. People will need to be scared again. There will also be significant opposition in the Tory party. That is useless whilst Starmer leads labour. Until there is a conservative leadership challenge. That can't be ruled out as many people are angry with him for the 'green crap' as well as covid.

In conclusion they probably want to reimpose restrictions but it won't be as easy as last time. They could take a different form. The stupid continental curfew system, for example.

• Agree 5

Back from a holiday on South Coast. The kids went to an indoor a mini disco every night, no one wore a mask.

The place was rammed and not surprisingly, the wife and I tested positive for covid yesterday.

This will be replicated probably hundreds of thousands of times over-the next few weeks  .  The covid numbers will surely be off the chart.. I can't see how they can not lock down with the likely explosion in cases.

My goody two shoes wife is being over zealous with track and trace, meaning lots of south coast restaurants and motorway service stations are about to get pinged.

Edited by Mash
Typo
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 3
  • Lol 6

Democorruptcy

"Lockdown" will morph into something else that they can use permanently, without even mentioning covid cases. The ID app will ping everybody to inform them when they can and can't go outside and you WILL have that app.

You will own nothing and be happy. The "nothing" includes a lot more than mere possessions, it includes your choices, to go out, what you spend your credits on, etc

• Agree 8

sleepwello'nights
46 minutes ago, Mash said:

The place was rammed and not surprisingly, the wife and I tested positive for covid yesterday.

Please let us know how you respond to the virus. I don't understand the emphasis on testing alone. There is no point to being tested to see whether you have been infected if no other action is taken. 

Self isolation would be a sensible precaution if it were a deadly disease. Even with a cold or flu most people, if affected, tend to self isolate anyway. From what I read the virus is endemic now and most only suffer mild symptoms.

• Agree 3

Yadda yadda yadda
4 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I actually think/hope that this 3rd vaccine is going to put an end to this bullshit and if not the 3rd then definitely the 4th. We’re going to end up with so many levels of vaccinated that a passport simply won’t work. They’ll be some with no jabs, some with 1,2 and then 3 but I have faith that the masses won’t continue to hold out their arm for a continuous stream of vaccines.

So many were so convinced that the two jabs were going to give them their freedom. How’s that working out for them? Still no holidays, which for many was their motivation.

The drop in masks by so many and the slight increase in freedom is not going to be given up so readily again. 

I expect them to push a lockdown once hospital numbers start increasing over the autumn but like lockdown 2 and 3 it’s going to be far less adhered to. 

Let’s not get into the mindset of another lockdown being inevitable. Keep fighting, they’re losing ground. 

I think the technology will work fine. You're either green and up-to-date or you're red and barred from society. They might include amber to warn you that you have a fortnight left. Number of jabs is irrelevant to that system.

What will kill it is that enough people don't want a third or fourth jab. They've done their bit. Plenty have had side effects of a day or two in bed. Others have had covid since 'full' vaccination. There is only so much that can be done to sell a product that doesn't work. Fool me once...

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Congratulations, your wife might have caused a million pounds of economic damage.

Don't blame the player, blame the rules, she loves rules....I shall be sure to tell her that  the impending economic collapse is solely her fault. 

• Lol 3
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Please let us know how you respond to the virus. I don't understand the emphasis on testing alone. There is no point to being tested to see whether you have been infected if no other action is taken. 

Self isolation would be a sensible precaution if it were a deadly disease. Even with a cold or flu most people, if affected, tend to self isolate anyway. From what I read the virus is endemic now and most only suffer mild symptoms.

Yes, my wife is over the top on these things,  even pre covid. She's locked herself away in   the spare room and wfh until her 10 days are up. I wouldn't mind her isolation,except for some reason I appear to have been left with the kids, despite also getting a positive result, apparently her job is more important...

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2
  • Cheers 2

As an aside  our symptoms are : We both have stiff necks, muscle ache, I have a headache , she doesn't,  both have mild cold like symptoms, but we both still have ourvsense of smell and taste.

• Informative 2

Democorruptcy
20 minutes ago, Yadda yadda yadda said:

Congratulations, your wife might have caused a million pounds of economic damage.

It was all within the rules.

Was chatting to a random couple yesterday, we were all in agreement that we would be locked down again Sept/Oct once the MP's have had their holidays 🙄

• Agree 1

sleepwello'nights
6 minutes ago, Mash said:

As an aside  our symptoms are : We both have stiff necks, muscle ache, I have a headache , she doesn't,  both have mild cold like symptoms, but we both still have ourvsense of smell and taste.

Those are the symptoms what most of those who tell me they have been infected suffer. Two couples said it was like the worst flu they've ever had. All survived.

Get well soon. 

12 minutes ago, Mash said:

This sounds like my experience, I was also sneezing.

Didn't get tested but have received an antibody detection kit. 50/50 whether to bother with it...

Also worth mentioning that we are both double jabbed, she was Pfizer I was astra zenica. I pointed out to the wife it surely raises questions over the effecicacy of the vaccine. As a devotee of science, she assured me they work and  the vaccine means we won't get it as bad.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

If hospitalisation remain suppressed as the inevitable case numbers rocket then the plan is working well enough that another lockdown isn't required and the autumn booster + flu jab for the most vulnerable may see off the worst.

Hospitalisation trend flatlining:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

So remain positive that new freedom is already here and no need to go full aussie. xD

• Agree 1