DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Ashwagandha

nirvana

swiss_democracy_for_all

4 hours ago, nirvana said:

anyone growing it?

Is it even better than bananas? ;)

More seriously it sounds interesting, and I'll be interested to hear anyone's experiences. Too late for most of my hair, but reducing stress has to be a good thing anyway.

T

On 17/08/2021 at 20:13, jm51 said:

I had to google it.

Some might find this bit interesting:

Ashwagandha can be an instant solution to manage the cortisol levels in your body and thus control follicle damage and hair loss.

I believe there is a link between neuroticism and the speed of progression of male pattern baldness. Just about every bloke I’ve known who went bald early was the neurotic stressed out type. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, ccc said:

How did I fucking know Joe would pop up on this thread :Old:

:D

Oi!

I'm in good form today; not neurotic but still balding. And now I'm off to the pub for a guiness pie on the employer's dime.

#LivingTheDream

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I believe there is a link between neuroticism and the speed of progression of male pattern baldness. Just about every bloke I’ve known who went bald early was the neurotic stressed out type. 

Sounds like you've 'known' a fair few blokes JoeDiJoe...

M S E Refugee

I bought some after someone recommended it on here, it has really helped with my anxiety due to all of this Covid bollocks.

I can't recall who recommended it, but thank you to whoever was.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 3

swiss_democracy_for_all
2 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

I bought some after someone recommended it on here, it has really helped with my anxiety due to all of this Covid bollocks.

I can't recall who recommended it, but thank you to whoever was.

Any side effects?

With meds, natural or otherwise, it’s unusual to get something for nothing....

M S E Refugee
6 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Any side effects?

With meds, natural or otherwise, it’s unusual to get something for nothing....

I haven't noticed any side effects.

• Informative 1

On 20/08/2021 at 22:24, M S E Refugee said:

Care to link that the one that you bought?

• 5 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

I got some - is it best taken at morning or night?

Not sure, I just take it in the morning before work.

I haven't taken it for a while as my general mood has improved.

I do think that it helped me.

• Cheers 1

• 2 months later...

I noticed Home Bargains sells an Ashwagandha supplement.  I'm interested in the muscle building benefits and can always use a mood boost.  I don't need more hair.

How are folks getting on with it now?  Snake oil or worth a shot?

• Agree 1

Weirdly I was researching this last night, didn't know there was a thread on here. I was focusing on "oil pulling" and Ayurveda alternative medicine. Apparently there is "little to no" evidence that coconut oil does anything except make you greasy, and yet the internet is full of stories about the positives (some people use it as face cream, it gets rid of warts/plebs, some say it's a brilliant toothpaste/mouthwash).

I know someone in real life who swears by it too. I'm sure there's more to Ayurveda than the pharmas would have us believe.

Edited by spunko

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I noticed Home Bargains sells an Ashwagandha supplement.  I'm interested in the muscle building benefits and can always use a mood boost.  I don't need more hair.

Personally I go on the "Wikipedia test" when it comes to either politics or health. If Wikipedia says someone is "far right" I know I'll agree with them. If Wikipedia says something is "pseudoscience" then it's safe to try it and probably works.

One thing to try, if you're worried about stress or cortisol, sorry to sound like a stuck record but quitting caffeine made a huge difference to me. My hair is also growing back thicker, well the hair I have anyway :o

12 minutes ago, spunko said:

Personally I go on the "Wikipedia test" when it comes to either politics or health. If Wikipedia says someone is "far right" I know I'll agree with them. If Wikipedia says something is "pseudoscience" then it's safe to try it and probably works.

Not many positives to take from the Wiki - basically it hasn't been studied.  Some scary reported side effects too - severe liver injury, thyrotoxicosis.  Although I would guess you need a massive dose for those to occur.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withania_somnifera

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Not many positives to take from the Wiki - basically it hasn't been studied.  Some scary reported side effects too - severe liver injury, thyrotoxicosis.  Although I would guess you need a massive dose for those to occur.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withania_somnifera

Yes, always these things when you look into them will be someone caning 1kg of ashwagandha a week died and now it's 'dangerous'. They tried something similar with licorice, turns out the guy was eating nothing but licorice for months.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Just saw it the other day as I was stocking up on D. No idea what it is but thought I might as well try it. If it's next to the D it must be good!

4 minutes ago, steppensheep said:

Just saw it the other day as I was stocking up on D. No idea what it is but thought I might as well try it. If it's next to the D it must be good!

Same here, was eyeing up the D and the multis when I spotted it but I'm too much of a miser to grab one without some research.  

Do let us know how you get on....

23 hours ago, RWJ said:

I've just finished 60 days worth of 500MG Organic Ashwagandha, and can honestly say it made fuck all difference to me. I won't be buying more, but of course you may benefit, there seems to be enough noise about it to suggest that there are benefits.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2021 at 10:49, spunko said:

Yes, always these things when you look into them will be someone caning 1kg of ashwagandha a week died and now it's 'dangerous'. They tried something similar with licorice, turns out the guy was eating nothing but licorice for months.

Yes I have heard of licorice overdose. It's a bit on an anaesthetic.