DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

A new plague? (Or an old one)

Pinkpanther

Pinkpanther

details of article -

UK scientists behind the AstraZeneca Covid jab have given the first trial volunteers a new plague vaccine.

One of them, Larissa, 26, hopes she can help save lives by volunteering for the research, at the University of Oxford, where she studies genetics.

The phase-one trial will see at least 40 healthy 18- to 55-year-olds test the vaccine, which uses the same technology as the coronavirus jab.

Its target is a centuries-old bacterial threat, not the new pandemic virus.

For much of the world plague is a history lesson - the most infamous plague pandemic, the Black Death that swept through Europe in the 1300s, killed as much as half of the population.

But there are still cases in some rural areas of Africa, Asia and America.

And in 2017, an outbreak killed 171 people in Madagascar.

Protect lives

Antibiotics can now be used to treat plague, if given early,

But many of the regions at risk of outbreaks are very remote.

An effective vaccine could offer a new way to protect lives.

And the trial will check how well the body recognises and learns to fight the plague after vaccination.

Killed millions

Larissa said: "I'm lucky enough to live in a time where vaccines are being developed.

"And so, when I saw that there was a study aiming at developing a vaccine against a disease that's been around for 2000 years and has killed millions and millions of people, I didn't hesitate, I just wanted to do my bit."

Asked if she was worried about side-effects, Larissa said: "I'm not too concerned.

"The vaccine that's being assessed today is using the same platform as the Covid vaccine, which has literally been administered to millions of people around the world."

Added genes

Like the Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine, the jab uses a weakened version of a common-cold virus - adenovirus - from chimpanzees that has been genetically altered so it cannot cause an infection in people.

This vaccine does not contain plague bacterium and so cannot cause plague.

But it does include added genes that make proteins from the plague bacterium Yersinia pestis.

And this should teach the body's immune system how to fend off the real infection, should it ever need to.

Emerging diseases

The same approach could be used for other diseases too, the investigators say.

"We've already done clinical trials using similar technology against a bacterium, meningitis B, and a virus, Zika," Oxford Vaccine Group senior clinical researcher Dr Maheshi Ramasamy said.

"But we're also looking to develop vaccines against new and emerging diseases such as Lassa fever or the Marburg virus

The trial, which will run for at least a year, is funded by Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, the national funding agency investing in science and research in the UK.

• Informative 3

A tremendous # on the lung

Who the fuck signs up for this shit? xD

It's not like there's a shortage of experimental therapies to choose from at the moment

Edited by A tremendous # on the lung
  • Agree 4
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 5
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Pinkpanther said:

"The vaccine that's being assessed today is using the same platform as the Covid vaccine, which has literally been administered to millions of people around the world."

xD Just fuck off you divvy cow 

• Agree 1
  • Bogged 1
  • Cheers 1

it's all a cover for totalitarian control and CBDC, they'll just keep ramping up the fear and drama from now on in

ENJOY THE RIDE YOU DUMBASSES!!! xD:Jumping:

PS maybe blame the taliban too whilst you're on :P

Edited by nirvana
  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Wonder how many of the development team are self-innoculating?....and as for Larissa, to get a Sainthood you need to get a beatification from the Pope, not just three A* A-levels from Boris!

3 hours ago, Red Debt Redemption said:

3 weeks later..

Fears a two week lockdown may come into force in England after a new Zoonotic disease the Zebra Black Death™ variant is found.

Experts believe a 2 week circuit breaker to flatten the curve is necessary to reduce Co2 outputs to manageable levels.

It is understood the variant was first detected in a batch of Robinson's fruit shoot's trapped on the Suez canal.

"We are working round the clock to manage this outbreak but are completely baffled how this could come to pass, our research suggests only orange flavour is 89% infectious compared to blackcurrant 23%" commented one expert from the SAG3™ and onion Walkers crisps committee.

"Our Leg0™ models show 33.33.33.33.33.33.33 deaths if we don't act now and stop all meat consumption and production" replied Dr Oetk(e)r.

The Prime Minister will address the nation within the next few days after submitting expense claims for 100 litres of distilled water to be donated to Clap for Carrie's Seals Foundation.

President B!den claimed the outbreak was extremely grave and irresponsible that leaves still grow on trees. "Get on knee one not enough, you is who man? Get job and done shoot fruit up"

Renewable and Sustainable virus development is in all our interests and with Science™ leading the charge levelling up to build back better has never been easier. All nations under one God.

Has your family been devastated by the Zebra Black Death™ variant? We would be interested in hearing your story contact us via whatsapp 0733bbcwokefucktards.

Outstanding Sir. xD

wherebee

every single european stock person alive is immune to the black death in some degree.  They would not be here if their ancestors had not survived.

Bubonic plague is present in many ground mammals in the USA; every few years a kid gets bitten and survives if they are white.  Not so much if they are black or mexican.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 5

Pinkpanther
40 minutes ago, ccc said:

Fookin hell.

PS it's not an mRNA one. 

Apologies - you are correct - Its the viral vector - Cheers

Dogtania

buboinic plague?  Just "plague" sounds a bit general.

Is this like a vaccine cure-all or is it designed to just target a centuries old bacterial illness?  

Weird as f

• Agree 1

I'd say they're getting this done in a hurry as they'll not get many volunteers if/when vaccine problems emerge.

Although I note this in the information sheet

You would be unable to participate in the clinical trial if you:
• Are currently in another interventional trial

So that's the majority of adults in the UK ineligible...

As a general point, this is a phase I trial -- first in man.  I appreciate that some people have to do 'first in man' for drugs, but I really don't understand why anyone would.  Phase II and III yes, but not phase I.  

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

The Masked Tulip

The African one - I forget what it is called - didn't stay in the news headlines long so now we have...

US rocked by mystery syndrome: Panic as officials in Berlin report worrying symptoms

THE US has been rocked by a mystery syndrome, sparking panic as its officials in Berlin, Germany, report worrying symptoms.

At least two US officials stationed in Germany have required medical attention after developing symptoms of an illness known as Havana Syndrome. Symptoms are said to include nausea, severe headaches, ear pain, fatigue, insomnia and sluggishness. They have been reported elsewhere in recent months and some diplomats have reportedly been left unable to work.

It appears to be that 'illness' that US Embassy staff had in Cuba in 2016 and for which they blamed energy weapons or some nonsense... Probably whatever new comms the US is using in their embassies I suspect if the outbreaks are all happening at US embassies around the world... Unless there is a Chinese guy on a bike stood outside each of them pointing his space gun towards the buildings.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1478524/us-mystery-havana-syndrome-officials-berlin-germany-symptoms-diplomats-scn

Sounds like distraction news from the Biden-led disaster in Afghanistan.

6 hours ago, dgul said:

• Are currently in another interventional trial

I hope Larissa hasn't had the the other jab(s) (if not why not?) as this would muck up the results.  Also the different jabs could interact with each other which could give an adverse reaction..........

She must be mad to take part in this yet she

21 hours ago, Pinkpanther said:

didn't hesitate, I just wanted to do my bit.

Woman of child bearing age takes an experimental vaccine against a disease she's at even less of a risk from than covid.

Stupid is as stupid does