• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
longtomsilver

Show me your ride (on two wheels).

I really stopped cycling for a sport almost twenty years ago when another one took over (paragliding) and only really used one for commuting until I stopped working for the civil service at the end of 2008. I'm bringing this one out of retirement and it was purchased via the cycle to work scheme so i effectively had a free upgrade to the pro with LX derailer. The Rockshox Tora front fork needs a little TLC (service) but other than that ready to go. Now in my 40th year I'll take things slow to start with and use this to get me to work instead of the car (only 2 shifts).

I nearly bought myself a new one and headed to the concept store but have you seen the price of bicycles now. Mine circa £1k and one on display for £8,500!!!! (I'll stick to my other form of two wheels, the motorbike thank you - similar price too).

IMG_0282.JPG

Thanks davidg. I knew I'd be outshine but not on the first post. She's a thing of beauty. Fits your sprite presence well, curiosity leads me onto other... first I must work (for six hours, maybe I'll pole my head round in my break).

you can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the grim reaper.

4 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

Thanks davidg. I knew I'd be outshine but not on the first post. She's a thing of beauty. Fits your sprite presence well, curiosity leads me onto other... first I must work (for six hours, maybe I'll pole my head round in my break).

you can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the grim reaper.

All is not as it seems mind.

dscn3210.jpg&f=1

GT Pantera! Everyone wanted the Zaskar - but the Pantera came up half price (was £900) back in the 1990s, and I bought one.

The Zaskar was something like £600 just for the frame.

th?id=OIP.TSMCDVpvokn7vYHzcM-aNQEsEs%26pid=15.1&f=1

Not mine but an image grab of something similar

Edited by 201p

IMG_1188.thumb.jpg.da9273b0aaa379423d80e55a4e081751.jpg

I built this mountain bike 20 years ago. Titanium frame (X-Lite). All the parts were brought separately (apart from the Shimano gears, crank and brakes which came as a set). Check out the AMP front forks - they go backwards and up on rough ground.

4 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Everyone should own a mountain bike! :Geek:

Isn't 'mountain bike' a misnomer though, no use at all on a mountain. More a 'grassy hills, forestry and doing a wheelie over someone's rockery bike'

22 minutes ago, Panther said:

Isn't 'mountain bike' a misnomer though, no use at all on a mountain. More a 'grassy hills, forestry and doing a wheelie over someone's rockery bike'

Mine is a disc braked, hard tail, soft nose, all terrain bicycle with mud guards, a puncture repair kit, a computer, lights and a wee bell. I wouldn't be taking it off a mountain but it's good fun and would get me fit if I fixed the puncture and got out on it. Thankfully it's relatively light and has 21 (I think!) gears, so Edinburgh hills are made a bit less impossible.

I had a nice chrome Mongoose BMX when I was young and a racer at one point too.

That's probably me spent my bike/cycling load now, I'll continue to read but have nothing more to offer.

I am going to fix my puncture though, and get back out on it, just in time for winter!

:Geek:

Edited by Carl Fimble
got not get