DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Are we the new HPC.co.uk?

Boglet

The covid 1984 forum I mean.

You have to admit there are parallels. Over on HPC we were convinced for years that a biblical crash was coming. Just a little longer to wait.

Many highly intelligent posters made endless logical and well reasoned arguments for why this would happen, with facts and statistics. Wrote books about it. The sheeple were going to get absolutely destroyed when the crash came along and they had no idea it was coming because the mainstream media kept them hopped up on HPI propaganda. But we the enlightened had looked behind the curtain. We knew the truth. All we had to do was wait for the market to come crashing down.

But, somehow, against all our predictions the plates wobbled a bit at times but just kept spinning.

Just saying.

Edited by Boglet
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 3

wherebee

yeah, could be.  

the most important thing to ensure you aren't wrong, is to admit you could be wrong and look for evidence you are wrong.

• Agree 5

Nobody could have known. We were doing this for your own good. Nobody saw it coming.

Round 1, the banks and the governments together.

Round2, the pharmas and the governments together.

• Agree 3

desertorchid
1 hour ago, Boglet said:

The covid 1984 forum I mean.

You have to admit there are parallels. Over on HPC we were convinced for years that a biblical crash was coming. Just a little longer to wait.

Many highly intelligent posters made endless logical and well reasoned arguments for why this would happen, with facts and statistics. Wrote books about it. The sheeple were going to get absolutely destroyed when the crash came along and they had no idea it was coming because the mainstream media kept them hopped up on HPI propaganda. But we the enlightened had looked behind the curtain. We knew the truth. All we had to do was wait for the market to come crashing down.

But, somehow, against all our predictions the plates wobbled a bit at times but just kept spinning.

Just saying.

It is an interesting parallel and tells us the common mindset that ties together a typical Dosbodder/ HPC'er. We are contrarians who are unswervingly pragmatic and inclined to ignore emotional decision making. The difference is that psychology underpins the housing market , so being in a minority was always working against us. With the vaccines sentiment pretty much plays no role in whether the vaccines actually work or not. There is (i still believe) enough integrity within the medical research field for the uselessness of the vaccines to be exposed over time, if that is the case.

Having said all that the average world weary poster on here probably has enough wisdom to grasp on the idea they might possibly  be wrong and act accordingly, not all though.

• Agree 5
  • Informative 1

whitevanman

The HPC will arrive and it’ll be bigger than it would have been if it had happened earlier. My local property values are x10+ local wages and rising rapidly. What can’t go on won’t go on.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, desertorchid said:

It is an interesting parallel and tells us the common mindset that ties together a typical Dosbodder/ HPC'er. We are contrarians who are unswervingly pragmatic and inclined to ignore emotional decision making. The difference is that psychology underpins the housing market , so being in a minority was always working against us. With the vaccines sentiment pretty much plays no role in whether the vaccines actually work or not. There is (i still believe) enough integrity within the medical research field for the uselessness of the vaccines to be exposed over time, if that is the case.

Having said all that the average world weary poster on here probably has enough wisdom to grasp on the idea they might possibly  be wrong and act accordingly, not all though.

As the saying goes though - perception is reality.

On HPC we used to rail at the cynical 'adjustment' of figures in the nationwide report to manipulate the perception of the sheeple.

Not really any different to the 'cases' data that underpins the case for lockdowns and mass vaccination.

If people can be persuaded that vaccines are the only way out and worked exactly as sold then history will indeed show that was the case and the data will be made to fit.

Edited by Boglet
  • Agree 1

Soft lad
20 minutes ago, Reck B said:

When the last bear gets vaxxed, the housing market will suffer catastophic ADE.

Or something.

100% guaranteed.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 2

Yadda yadda yadda
25 minutes ago, Boglet said:

As the saying goes though - perception is reality.

On HPC we used to rail at the cynical 'adjustment' of figures in the nationwide report to manipulate the perception of the sheeple.

Not really any different to the 'cases' data that underpins the case for lockdowns and mass vaccination.

If people can be persuaded that vaccines are the only way out and worked exactly as sold then history will indeed show that was the case and the data will be made to fit.

Confidence in the future upwards trajectory of house prices plays a big role in house sales. Especially with buy-to-let at low rental yields. Similarly vaccine consumption is driven by faith in their efficacy. This belief can be entirely separate from the reality and unlike with house prices it doesn't drive efficacy upwards. Unless adverse reactions become extreme, which would precipitate a crumbling of the propaganda wall as seen during the drawn out death of Eastern bloc communism. Personal experience trumps propaganda eventually.

If adverse reactions remain at the current level they can be largely hidden. If this is combined with the disappearance of covid as a deadly disease then governments can declare victory and celebrate vaccines as the decisive weapon. Even if mutation to lesser lethality was the true cause. So you're correct that we could appear to be on the losing side even if we are largely correct. That doesn't change my stance or my decision not to have the vaccine. It just means it is sensible to be circumspect.

• Agree 2

sleepwello'nights
43 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

The HPC will arrive and it’ll be bigger than it would have been if it had happened earlier. My local property values are x10+ local wages and rising rapidly. What can’t go on won’t go on.

You need to look at the trend for larger institutions to become property owning rental companies. Whilst that continues there is no need for housing markets to align with local wages. 

What they will be looking for is a stable yield. Provided interest rates stay low then residential property becomes one of the safest investments.  Unlike commercial real estate demand will not fall unless overall population decreases.

• Agree 4

56 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Yes, this thread is a bit defeatist. Let's revisit the idea that HPC has been constantly wrong in, say, 2025. By that time, the Chinese banks will have imploded and the global markets will go pop with them.

• Cheers 4

The Grey Man

An interesting topic.

Perhaps one difference is discussion. I never had any problems discussing the HPC view in real life. I dont think I was mocked for my stance although a few fairly pointed out I had missed chances. Ultimately though I felt my views were respected and reasonable debate were had.

Now. Well anything that appears against the Government, on any area of COVID, tends not to have the same outcome as HPC talk did.

That is a big difference. There is a vibe at times here, that we wish the doom to happen. HPC was wished but I felt that although some would be burned and many wanted that, generally it was seen as benefical to society. HPC was more positive, although there were side issues about MEWing, BTL and so on.

I dont want any of the stuff that has been considered to happen at all. We were saying with HPC it was impossible for situation to carry on. It did. We did not forget the power of the bank..the government. Here we say it is very possible for this COVID era for it to carry on. Learn by mistake. Dont underestimate international government cliques.

• Agree 5

whitevanman
23 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

You need to look at the trend for larger institutions to become property owning rental companies. Whilst that continues there is no need for housing markets to align with local wages. 

What they will be looking for is a stable yield. Provided interest rates stay low then residential property becomes one of the safest investments.  Unlike commercial real estate demand will not fall unless overall population decreases.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat. The bankster takeover of society has all sorts of perverse effects well beyond asset values. 

Fully Detached

Yes there is a clear similarity here to hpc.co.uk. Probably because those of us that got butt-fucked by successive cross-party governments stoking HPI to suit their own agenda are not best inclined to trust the same governments when they start treating us like lepers for refusing to take a vaccine on an experimental licence and which seems to be quite ineffective at stopping infection or transmission of a virus that most of us aren't really at risk from.

It genuinely makes me sad that my default position is to distrust all government and media, but if your wife has shagged the last 6 milkmen that delivered to the house, you'd be a bit of a twat to assume that she wasn't going to be eyeing up the 7th.

• Agree 7

I think this is a good point, and one that I've thought about recently.

We should have had a HPC by now (two, in fact), but TPTB have intervened in the markets to support prices.  Incredible amounts of monetary stimulus have been created to ensure that prices always go up, with immense problems caused as a consequence -- but prices have remained elevated.

I think they're trying to do the same trick with covid -- but the difference is nature doesn't respond so eagerly to government intervention.  If there's going to be ADE it'll happen whatever the government does to try to mask it.

• Agree 5

14 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Finding ToS left me impoverished and still having never bought a home 15 years later. This forum will probably end up leaving me imprisoned, due to being an "anti-vaxxer", and therefore not allowed to participate in society. 

I still won't be happy though, Klaus. You cunt!

I think the problem is becoming a single-issue thinker and obsessing, thereby losing sight of the bigger picture.

Going out for beers and a curry tomorrow, so I'm obsessing about those at the moment. A lovely mellow and still autumnal day today too, feels very chilled and quiet out.

• Agree 1

The Generation Game
1 minute ago, Stuey said:

I think the problem is becoming a single-issue thinker and obsessing, thereby losing sight of the bigger picture.

Going out for beers and a curry tomorrow, so I'm obsessing about those at the moment. A lovely mellow and still autumnal day today too, feels very chilled and quiet out.

Yep, I'll be going out for another hike tomorrow ( a shorter one that the two previous 20km ones, just to train my calves better and reduce the impact of DOMS). 

Beyond that, getting a visit from my wife's cousin and his wife on Saturday and then maybe some more outdoor activity on Sunday (good weather until Tuesday - somewhat sporadic in these mountains). 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dgul said:

I think this is a good point, and one that I've thought about recently.

We should have had a HPC by now (two, in fact), but TPTB have intervened in the markets to support prices.  Incredible amounts of monetary stimulus have been created to ensure that prices always go up, with immense problems caused as a consequence -- but prices have remained elevated.

I think they're trying to do the same trick with covid -- but the difference is nature doesn't respond so eagerly to government intervention.  If there's going to be ADE it'll happen whatever the government does to try to mask it.

Good thoughts, but actually my point was intended to be a bit different.

I'm not necessarily talking about government bring able to fudge numbers and cover things up, I mean perhaps covid really is dangerous, it really is a pandemic, the hospitals really are at breaking point, the vaccines really are safe and effective and there will be no ADE.

We were every bit as sure about an HPC as we are in here about covid being overblown bullshit and the vaccines being dangerous.

Edited by Boglet
  • Agree 1

Democorruptcy
38 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Finding ToS left me impoverished and still having never bought a home 15 years later. This forum will probably end up leaving me imprisoned, due to being an "anti-vaxxer", and therefore not allowed to participate in society. 

I still won't be happy though, Klaus. You cunt!

You will have roof over your head and meals thrown in.

• Bogged 1

Popuplights
2 hours ago, spunko said:

Yes, this thread is a bit defeatist. Let's revisit the idea that HPC has been constantly wrong in, say, 2025. By that time, the Chinese banks will have imploded and the global markets will go pop with them.

So, it could be constantly wrong for 25 years, that's a generation. A lost generation. 

• Agree 2

Lightly Toasted

There's disliking house price inflation and believing it can't be sustained, and there's critiquing the state-banking complex that requires/preserves HPI.

Similarly I know I could be wrong about the seriousness of the former and the effectiveness/safety of the latter, but I'm convinced I'm not wrong to believe there's something deeply sinister about the whole episode.

"See, Rosenstein? You were wrong; these are showers. Maybe the Nazis are not that bad after all!"

(said no-one, ever).