• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Man fined over £100,000 for felling ancient trees

This was discussed at length over on TOS when it first happened. Looks like the people responsible have got a 100K fine.

Man fined over £100,000 for felling ancient trees

A man has received a £112,197 fine after felling around 200 trees without a licence.

Keith Evans, 63, of Blackwood , admitted to felling the trees, with his two sons, without a licence.

Mr Smith was previously a tenant on the land at Pen y Fan farm but claims that he was approached by a representative of one of the current tenants to fell the trees for a sum of £5,000.

Blackwood-tree-felling.jpg

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/man-fined-over-100000-felling-13627193

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

no

Well, perhaps set the bees on this stupid fool.

On a serious note, it is literally amazing that people can decide to destroy and kill things that have been around for and should live for many times their own lifespan.

The reporter got rather confused about cubic metres, coming over as if it described area instead of volume xD To be fair, the remaining stumps in the picture look to have been coppiced in the past and the straight line suggests they may well have formed a hedgerow. That being the case, they have probably been cut back like this in the past as a management technique and have the appearance of having been previously coppiced. In reality, if the stumps are left to regrow, the tree gets to live indefinitely if the practice is continued. Beech trees are lucky to make it to 200 and are prone to disease and rot, so if they really were 'hundreds' of years old as the man from Natural Resources Wales states, they were not far from death anyway. Has a whiff of reporter with nothing to write about and civil servant justifying made up job.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Only EE's van, and she can use the bog too!

You're very kind Mr Pin.

If I parked in your drive and you found you didn't like me I would just go away, unlike the lady in the van who stayed for 15 years on AB's drive until she died xD

6 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

You're very kind Mr Pin.

If I parked in your drive and you found you didn't like me I would just go away, unlike the lady in the van who stayed for 15 years on AB's drive until she died xD

I should not talk to ladies on the internet.:CryBaby: I don't want Joe's problems.:o

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I should not talk to ladies on the internet.:CryBaby: I don't want Joe's problems.:o

Yes, well you should be very careful who you offer the use of your bog to! 

Unlike Joe's lady friend I have always made it to the bog but I suppose there's always a first time for everything xD

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Unlike Joe's lady friend I have always made it to the bog but I suppose there's always a first time for everything xD

I shit myself at the front door once I almost made it.:CryBaby:

2 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Best pack a few Tena pads just in case.

I'm sure Pinny can lend you a couple for the return journey...

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Best pack a few Tena pads just in case.

I'm sure Pinny can lend you a couple for the return journey...

;)

XYY

That's 308 miles, not that I have been stalking, or shit like thatO.o