• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Plan

Push, for Christ's sake PUSH

Midnight tomorrow is B-Day for babies.

After that time, benefits are restricted to just 2 kids, as opposed to the infinite number you can have now.

This bit is scary (if you have high blood pressure, don't continue)

Playing with www.entitledto.co.uk, using a single mother of 2 kids living in Guildford working 16 hours per week on minimum wage, her current income is £6240 + £31,679 in benefits - a total of £37,919 i.e. equivalent to a gross salary of £52,000

Now if she manages to squeeze out a third kid before midnight tomorrow, her benefits go up to £39,585. Add in her pitiful wages and we are at £45,825 take home or £65,500 gross

If that kid is a stubborn bastard and comes out a couple of hours late, it will have reduced her (theoretical) before tax income by £13,500 per year. 

I wouldn't go anywhere near a maternity ward tomorrow. They are going to be knee deep in afterbirth by the evening.

2 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

After that time, benefits are restricted to just 2 kids, as opposed to the infinite number you can have now.

It seems a brilliant idea. I'm just surprised more hasn't been made of it in the previous months.

It's a clear Tory vote winner.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Why not - she can choose where she lives. 

Well it doesn't have much going for it and is expensive. Why not Margate? Cheap and you've got the beach for the kids.

Just now, davidg said:

Well it doesn't have much going for it and is expensive. Why not Margate? Cheap and you've got the beach for the kids.

True. I just picked somewhere. I could have equally gone for Fulham. I am sure there are single mums there too.

1 minute ago, Panther said:

How long until some twat solicitor argues that British Summer Time has denied his client's human rights?

More likely a medical negligence claim for not slapping on the old suction hat early enough.

Could be a lot of kids with long stretchy necks knocking around soon.

1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

This bit is scary (if you have high blood pressure, don't continue)

Playing with www.entitledto.co.uk, using a single mother of 2 kids living in Guildford working 16 hours per week on minimum wage, her current income is £6240 + £31,679 in benefits - a total of £37,919 i.e. equivalent to a gross salary of £52,000

Now if she manages to squeeze out a third kid before midnight tomorrow, her benefits go up to £39,585. Add in her pitiful wages and we are at £45,825 take home or £65,500 gross

If that kid is a stubborn bastard and comes out a couple of hours late, it will have reduced her (theoretical) before tax income by £13,500 per year. 

I wouldn't go anywhere near a maternity ward tomorrow. They are going to be knee deep in afterbirth by the evening.

Those numbers are absolutely mental. Who in God's name thought that was a good idea, can we say 'moral hazard' boys and girls?

It doesn't entirely surprise me though, I worked with a single mum who did the 16 hours and had two kids by two different fathers. She told me she was actually embarrassed by how much she was given by the government. She certainly had more money to burn than the rest of us.

Not so embarrassed that it stopped her having another kid with another bloke soon after.  :PissedOff:

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Those numbers are absolutely mental. Who in God's name thought that was a good idea, can we say 'moral hazard' boys and girls?

It doesn't entirely surprise me though, I worked with a single mum who did the 16 hours and had two kids by two different fathers. She told me she was actually embarrassed by how much she was given by the government. She certainly had more money to burn than the rest of us.

Not so embarrassed that it stopped her having another kid with another bloke soon after.  :PissedOff:

Meanwhile the hardworking person who lives within their means, works hard, does the right thing etc. Cannot afford to raise a family.  Was breeding stupidity in a plan or a concequence?

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

Meanwhile the hardworking person who lives within their means, works hard, does the right thing etc. Cannot afford to raise a family.  Was breeding stupidity in a plan or a concequence?

It's a plan and stupid people do not vote!

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

Optimists expect a Star Trek future where people care for each other in an egalitarian society without money or poverty where everyone puts their energy into furthering the cultural and technical progress of mankind. 

Others see us entering Calhoun's mouse paradise. A world without work and without shortage, leading to a terrible behavioural sink where all the norms of human society are thrown aside and we sink into nihilism and despair.

5 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Optimists expect a Star Trek future where people care for each other in an egalitarian society without money or poverty where everyone puts their energy into furthering the cultural and technical progress of mankind. 

Others see us entering Calhoun's mouse paradise. A world without work and without shortage, leading to a terrible behavioural sink where all the norms of human society are thrown aside and we sink into nihilism and despair.

Thanks for the reference, interesting work. 

4 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

I heard Irvine Welsh speaking on this today, he thought that the left right paradigm was dead as we moved to a world where the capitalist ideology was no longer relevant. Zero cost of production, massive lack of employment due to mechanisation. He thought that current political institutions were in so much trouble as they were not prepared for the change we are undergoing. I think he made some very good points, I am just off to look up the mouse paradise.

6 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

I heard Irvine Welsh speaking on this today, he thought that the left right paradigm was dead as we moved to a world where the capitalist ideology was no longer relevant. Zero cost of production, massive lack of employment due to mechanisation. He thought that current political institutions were in so much trouble as they were not prepared for the change we are undergoing. I think he made some very good points, I am just off to look up the mouse paradise.

"mouse utopia experiment"

Just now, Turned Out Nice Again said:

"mouse utopia experiment"

Thanks, just been having a read on it, couldn't stop thinking about Who Moved My Cheese.

I prefer the Star Trek version of the future over the Mad Max one.

6 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

Thanks, just been having a read on it, couldn't stop thinking about Who Moved My Cheese.

My money is on the mad max outcome based on recent events in Europe. 

3 minutes ago, Shaneyson said:

The Star Trek future is hopelessly idealistic IMO, it takes no account of human nature. People struggle through adversity, remove adversity and you remove people's purpose in life, leaving them with only existential angst for company. That's the mouse paradise. A MadMax future is distinct from a mouse paradise future. The MadMax world is our ancestral society transferred into a post civilisational world. It is the most likely course for humanity IMO.

42 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

The Star Trek future is hopelessly idealistic IMO, it takes no account of human nature. People struggle through adversity, remove adversity and you remove people's purpose in life, leaving them with only existential angst for company. That's the mouse paradise. A MadMax future is distinct from a mouse paradise future. The MadMax world is our ancestral society transferred into a post civilisational world. It is the most likely course for humanity IMO.

Had three lambs, missed out on everything Gordon (the twat) Brown thought up, never got divorced, had cheap holidays and ran old cars, skimped on pension contributions for a number of years and the blessed things are still at home.

Friend of the family, divorced 15 years, nice semi, nice area, new cars, three holidays a year, male friend services and entertains at weekends all courtesy of New Labour.

I'm not saying anymore as it only raises my blood pressure.