DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Cough and a fever

ccc

Remember that ?

They were the main two bona fide symptoms of this thing from the start. 

Now - apparently - just 18 months later ? The main symptoms have completely changed. 

Has this ever happened in any other illness in history before....:ph34r:

• Agree 5
  • Cheers 1

Van Lady

The main thing I think about regarding the past 18 or so months is that unfortunately I’m increasingly being pressured to “prove” I’m not “infected”.

What a load of bullshit! 

It’s been the sensible thing to do until recent events that the ill are isolated and healthy folk just get on with life.

My son is off to a festival at Liverpool? tomorrow. He dipped a test (no idea what type it was and don’t care) in water. It came back negative, typed whatever in the testing/festival admin and is good to go :Beer:

• Agree 4
  • Cheers 7

sarahbell
9 hours ago, ccc said:

Remember that ?

They were the main two bona fide symptoms of this thing from the start. 

Now - apparently - just 18 months later ? The main symptoms have completely changed. 

Has this ever happened in any other illness in history before....:ph34r:

Yes. Viruses evolve so they can continue to be spread.

If everyone with a cough stays in, then coughs would stop.

Which they have.

• Agree 2

Cosmic Apple
11 hours ago, Van Lady said:

The main thing I think about regarding the past 18 or so months is that unfortunately I’m increasingly being pressured to “prove” I’m not “infected”.

What a load of bullshit! 

It’s been the sensible thing to do until recent events that the ill are isolated and healthy folk just get on with life.

My son is off to a festival at Liverpool? tomorrow. He dipped a test (no idea what type it was and don’t care) in water. It came back negative, typed whatever in the testing/festival admin and is good to go :Beer:

My SIL wanted myself and the GF to take tests before we visited them. GF said yes, of course we could take tests before we leave.

Could. Didn't though.

The training is working :)

The symptoms seem to move with the season... to include whatever is common during that season like hayfever. its all to drive you towards tests.

Edited by Cosmic Apple
  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Yes. Viruses evolve so they can continue to be spread.

If everyone with a cough stays in, then coughs would stop.

Which they have.

Dont get this. :Old:

7 minutes ago, ccc said:

Dont get this. :Old:

Selective pressure for any mutations that did not confer an obvious cough as persons infected with those mutations would be more likely to mix and thus spread the infection.

Having said that it does seem somewhat unbelievable that symptom sets could change quite so much though for the same virus.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, onlyme said:

Selective pressure for any mutations that did not confer an obvious cough as persons infected with those mutations would be more likely to mix and thus spread the infection.

Having said that it does seem somewhat unbelievable that symptom sets could change quite so much though for the same virus.

Exactly my thoughts. 

6 minutes ago, tlc said:

Not dead yet?

Nope !!

Strangely enough just saw an NHS advert on GB news. 

Telling people if you have a cough - and it's not covid of course - then get checked up as it could be something else. 

Even they seem to be accepting that cough = covid has been and gone. 

Van Lady

The ongoing current mass paranoia in many of the population about others coughing, sneezing etc is just a product of the fear mongering over the past 18 months or so.

Anyone these days who coughs or sneezes are viewed as unclean by those who have became paranoid due to not understanding the natural world, in my opinion.

Every week I spend a number of hours on one day in a very small room with two others. Been going for years. They’re always coughing, sneezing, blowing their nose….almost every week. Paranoid about the new virus, double vaxxed and testing almost every day.

I’ve never caught anything from them over the years despite them never covering their mouths when coughing/sneezing, using hankies or washing their hands.

These days they often opine that hand sanitisers and masks should stay in public areas to stop the spread of the virus. Thick as fuck really. 🙄

• Agree 3

The cough was definitely a thing. I had that. 

When the first of our group of 6 tested +ve in March 2020 we were given medical thermometers to test our temperature regularly. Presumably as a kind of early warning. The rest of us tested positive (me and another later than the rest). Nobody had significantly elevated temperature before testing positive. Even after we all tested positive only one of us had a bit of fever for any length of time. I had one sweaty night.

Takes me all my effort not to burst out laughing when people are "screening" with those temperature things. 

• Informative 2

22 hours ago, ccc said:

Nope !!

Strangely enough just saw an NHS advert on GB news. 

Telling people if you have a cough - and it's not covid of course - then get checked up as it could be something else. 

Even they seem to be accepting that cough = covid has been and gone. 

So, I have come down with a slight temperature, rotten cough, snotty nose, sore head, aches and pains.

It's a cold. Did a couple of LF tests to confirm but knew it was a cold. In some ways I was disappointed it wasn't covid.

Had to pop out to the shops and could not help but cough a few times, no one seemed bothered but at the start of all this a cough like that would of had people running for the doors.

Also popped into tool station, I liked their signs about masks, something like "we respect personal choice" and had some images of masked and unmasked people.

So with this highly contagious covid virus going around that seems to be the only thing people get ill with, masks and all the hand washing, flu having vanished, how the fuck did I manage to catch a cold?

This is the first cold I have had in many years and its quite a stinker. Very sore throat, bad cough especially at night, very sore head and aching all over.

Found this website earlier which has a few interesting things for colds that may apply to Covid:

https://www.healthline.com/health/cold-flu/how-to-get-rid-of-a-cold-fast#black-elderberry-syrup

Few items I noted:

For zinc they referred to some studies that used 80 to 92mg a day which is high but seems to be safe in the short term.

And beetroot juice, which was discussed here some time ago for other benefits....

• Informative 1

On 27/08/2021 at 20:16, Van Lady said:

The ongoing current mass paranoia in many of the population about others coughing, sneezing etc is just a product of the fear mongering over the past 18 months or so.

Anyone these days who coughs or sneezes are viewed as unclean by those who have became paranoid due to not understanding the natural world, in my opinion.

Every week I spend a number of hours on one day in a very small room with two others. Been going for years. They’re always coughing, sneezing, blowing their nose….almost every week. Paranoid about the new virus, double vaxxed and testing almost every day.

I’ve never caught anything from them over the years despite them never covering their mouths when coughing/sneezing, using hankies or washing their hands.

These days they often opine that hand sanitisers and masks should stay in public areas to stop the spread of the virus. Thick as fuck really. 🙄

I probably had the coff after my dirty weekend in Hull, two days of sore throat & the trots, then a few days of sneezing. Enough to make me avoid a family gathering to avoid passing whatever on.

I thought the sneezing was nowt, then saw my neighbour sneeze a few days later - I was a few yards away and upwind so wasn't concerned. But I saw all the individual droplets - if you're in the sneeze haze you will catch whatever they've exhaled.