DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Vax efficacy

steppensheep

steppensheep

I've been seeing/hearing several reports of late, that the numbers of unvaxxed in hospitals is ten times the number of vaxxed, specifically in Germany and Israel, and yet in the same report acknowledging that vaccine efficacy drops rapidly after a few months and hence the need for boosters.

I'm having trouble reconciling this. Can anyone explain?

steppensheep

I remember the trial data for different regions was wildly different early on. Did that ever get reconciled?

Bien Pensant

Wasn't there something about them being told not to test people who had been vaccinated (or only to test them once), presumably on the pretext that 'if you've been vaccinated then you can't get Covid so it's unnecessary'.

Therefore you could have the same (or greater) number of vaccinated people in hospital as unvaccinated but only the unvaccinated will be there 'with' Covid.

Edited by Bien Pensant
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, steppensheep said:

I've been seeing/hearing several reports of late, that the numbers of unvaxxed in hospitals is ten times the number of vaxxed, specifically in Germany and Israel, and yet in the same report acknowledging that vaccine efficacy drops rapidly after a few months and hence the need for boosters.

The vaccine efficacy drops a bit, but it takes a while.  Some people have been vaccinated more recently than others, and they'll have more protection.   Even if the protection fell to zero over 6 months there'd still be protection in the population now because many people were vaccinated less than 6 months ago.

There is residual protection against hospitalisation even at this point.  I'd suggest that  after 6 months protection is about 70%, but there's not enough data to be sure.  The question is 'what happens next' -- for 'protection against infection' protection was maintained to about the 4 month point, where it declined rapidly until it was about 20% at month 6.  I'm not sure I expect exactly the same effect with 'protection against hospitalisation' but with a delay (perhaps declining rapidly from 6-9 months) but we can't be sure because they're not giving us the data and the pharma companies haven't released any trial data beyond the 6 month point.

• Informative 1

Beyond that -- I'm a bit worried about this information as it is pointing to a mild Marek's disease scenario.  I hope it doesn't progress to 'even worse'.

• Agree 3

I can't work out why you need two jabs, and then a third jab 6 months later. Mind you we have purchased 8 jabs each, collectively.O.o

Other vaccines last for some years. As I said previously, the Yellow Fever one is good for ten years.

• Agree 1

wherebee
1 minute ago, MrPin said:

I can't work out why you need two jabs, and then a third jab 6 months later. Mind you we have purchased 8 jabs each, collectively.O.o

Other vaccines last for some years. As I said previously, the Yellow Fever one is good for ten years.

before this shitshow, a vaccine was something that a) stopped you catching the threat b) stopped you passing on the threat and c) didn't need a new booster against the same threat.

Polio vaccines, for example, have a level of 1 in a million for someone to catch and be able to spread the virus after vaccination.

I'm angry that so many stupid cunts tell me 'but it's just like vaccines you had as a child'.  No it's fucking not.

• Agree 10

15 hours ago, steppensheep said:

My layman's interpretation is this...

The "vaccines" have two useful modes of protection.

The first is as a monoclonal antibody pre-treatment (though where the body makes the antibodies).  This could prevent infection as any (SARS-CoV-2) virus entering the body will be quickly neutralised by the circulating antibodies.  The level of antibodies will decline fairly rapidly though, leading to a loss of immunity to infection (hence the boosters).

The second is to "program" the immune system (memory B cells etc.) to recognise the virus (like a traditional vaccine).  In future encounters with the virus, the immune system has a head start and can start antibody production many days earlier than a virus naive immune system.  This should lead to a reduction in serious illness.  Virus mutation aside, this "programming" and protection should last for decades at least.

The various governments want to prevent infection (and hence transmission) so they're pushing boosters.  The fly in their ointment is viral mutation and hence vaccine escape (and the inconvenient problem of these apparently dangerous vaccines).

That's my view.  Could be bollocks.  Maybe they do just want to kill us all xD

• Agree 1