DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

mu variant aka B.1.621

nirvana

will this one start flooring a lot more? appears to be picking up pace in the US again and stories of evading the vaccines....

graph source outbreak.info

OR is this just more scaremongering? how can the fukkers tell that accurately what bloody variant someone has? sigh, think I'll go to bed lol

Screenshot_2021-09-04_22-26-03.png

Edited by nirvana

32 minutes ago, nirvana said:

will this one start flooring a lot more? appears to be picking up pace in the US again and stories of evading the vaccines....

OR is this just more scaremongering? how can the fukkers tell that accurately what bloody variant someone has? sigh, think I'll go to bed lol

Screenshot_2021-09-04_22-26-03.png

Isn't it obvious?

The vaccines are safe and effective.

If someone kicks the bucket having been double jabbed then it must be a new variant.

• Agree 7
  • Bogged 1
  • Lol 2

4 hours ago, nirvana said:

they can't in the USA.  They do in Australia, as they check every positive to eliminate false positives and identify which strain.  I had this confirmed by a mate I trust who works on that second stage. they can only do this as numbers are still so low.

In the USA the numbers are so large, that at the most they are sampling and extrapolating, at worst they are just making it up.

• Informative 1
  • Bogged 1

3 hours ago, AQUAMAN said:

covid doesnt even exist retard

it clearly does BUT it's just a cold.....or a bit of flu at worst.....

I'd really really like to know how they distinguish between the 3? ie rock, scissors, stone.......no I mean convid, cold or flu? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, nirvana said:

I'd really really like to know how they distinguish between the 3? ie rock, scissors, stone.......no I mean convid, cold or flu? :ph34r:

Specific gene sequences in each, these are then designed into the PCR primers to give a specific test.

Basically the primers (chemical addition) allows the sample to be amplified from a small sample so it can be `seen`. If the Covid sequence has aagtcaa, the flu has aaCtcaa, and the primer used is aagtcaa then only Covid would be `seen`. You can then use the same principle for different strains of Covid.

The PCR process is about duplicating through cycles, so say initially you have one Covid copy, at the end of the first cycle you would have two. You then do another PCR cycle and you get four copies (2 copies to the power of two). As you can appreciate this is an exponential process so you get lots of copies in a very short period of time, thus allowing your small initial sample to be `seen`.

This said, the process is not perfect, and mismatches can occur where copies are made although the primer isn't a perfect match, so out of ten copies nine may only be a perfect match. This is not a problem if you keep the number of cycles low, as the correct copies will be in the majority but if the number of cycles is high and the wrong copy copies more easily than the original the opposite happens...you get a false positive. This is the current issue with the PCR test being used, with upto 50% of cases diagnosed as Covid positive when they are actually negative....good test, bad technique!

• Informative 1

25 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

the PCR primers to give a specific test

ok cool so all this is tested with a stick up your nose and in a chemist where it only takes them 15 minutes?

dunno about other cuntries but certainly in Frogland u could get that test...called a tests rapides antigéniques (TRA)

50 minutes ago, nirvana said:

ok cool so all this is tested with a stick up your nose and in a chemist where it only takes them 15 minutes?

dunno about other cuntries but certainly in Frogland u could get that test...called a tests rapides antigéniques (TRA)

No, that's a different [and even less accurate test]. Both rely on a swab but the PCRs focus is on DNA/RNA [gene code] whereas the antigen tests focus is on the product of these i.e. an expressed protein. As a result for a positive antigen test you need to be full-on Covid infected. This is why many countries will not accept the antigen tests as proof, as you could be in the early stages of a Covid infection, or be a carrier [so have a low load]. See here for explanation of both:-

https://ec.europa.eu/research-and-innovation/en/horizon-magazine/pcr-antigen-and-antibody-five-things-know-about-coronavirus-tests

• Cheers 1

Shite video posters post shit videos. Fucking boring.

No-one is watching your shite so stop posting unless it is ten seconds.

/Mr Guest Number 3

/Unhappy frog

DSC_0187.JPG

ashestoashes
17 minutes ago, Stuey said:

/Mr Guest Number 3

/Unhappy frog

DSC_0187.JPG

and less of the TLAs

King Penda
6 hours ago, nirvana said:

It’s a nasty flu.IMO 

• Bogged 1

5 hours ago, MrXxxx said:

Specific gene sequences in each, these are then designed into the PCR primers to give a specific test.

The problem with this is that I don't understand, and nobody seems to be willing to explain, where the "specific gene sequences" for Sars-Cov-2 came from. How exactly do we know what it looks like? 

You can't search for something unless you have a clean sample of what you're searching for. Same for creating a vaccine surely. 

Don't even get me started on those pharma people claiming they built a vaccine in 3 hours based on a helpful email from Wuhan. 

• Agree 4
  • Bogged 1

30 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Don't even get me started on those pharma people claiming they built a vaccine in 3 hours based on a helpful email from Wuhan. 

Why not?  That's what they said the first time.  Was it not true.  Why can't our boffins get an updated email from their boffins?

I mean it makes sense that the first sequencing or best info would come from China but this time the mutations are outside China.  Are they not willing to share their code or software?  Can we not send them a bit of the genetic info and they can crunch the numbers and forward an updated vaccine?

• Informative 1
  • Bogged 2

unregistered_guest
4 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

and less of the TLAs

That's not what they said to me when i went round the world on my university course!

• Informative 1

A tremendous # on the lung
On 05/09/2021 at 10:58, Stuey said:

/Mr Guest Number 3

/Unhappy frog

DSC_0187.JPG

complex.jpg.34ccd65e3143b248596dce3abc5a17d3.jpg

unregistered_guest

More importantly. Why has no-one yet posted the lamest applied maths joke ever?

Two cats sliding down a roof. Which one stays up longest?

The one with the bigger 

μ

• Informative 1
  • Lol 2