• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

unusual honesty

Interesting that someone who's just being generally honest is classified as unusual these days.

Not surprised, I saw 20 quid fall from the pocket of a bloke in the pub. I started towards him to pick it up and hand it back when a guy stood next to him, who's clearly seen what happened, pocketed it and off he fucked.

Nice.

Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

Interesting that someone who's just being generally honest is classified as unusual these days.

Not surprised, I saw 20 quid fall from the pocket of a bloke in the pub. I started towards him to pick it up and hand it back when a guy stood next to him, who's clearly seen what happened, pocketed it and off he fucked.

Nice.

giphy.gif

Nowadays being "unusually honest" subjects you to greater scrutiny if anything. I walked out of the supermarket last week and realised something hadn't scanned at those self-service checkouts, so I went to pay at the welcome desk for it, the staff member was clearly thrown off by such honesty, as if I'd just given her a left hook.

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Nice.

You live in the NW not that far from Scouseland, don't you?

7 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

giphy.gif

Nowadays being "unusually honest" subjects you to greater scrutiny if anything. I walked out of the supermarket last week and realised something hadn't scanned at those self-service checkouts, so I went to pay at the welcome desk for it, the staff member was clearly thrown off by such honesty, as if I'd just given her a left hook.

I was working in the grounds of some posh, wanky hotel many years ago when I came across a platinum ring with loads of diamonds on it in the grass. The bloke I was working with wanted to keep it but I thought it might be an important memento for someone so handed it in at the reception desk.

The over-gelled, pompous, glossy little shit that I handed it to treated me like I'd just deposited a piece of fresh dogshit into his hand. He threw it in a drawer and dismissed me with a wave, no thank you, no letting me know if the owner came forward. Utter wanker. I firmly believe that the ring went some way to financing the hotels piss up at the end of the year.

It would be grossly outrageous of me to say that it was the Eynsham Hall hotel in Oxfordshire, that employed such dour, charmless tossers. So I won't.

10 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

You live in the NW not that far from Scouseland, don't you?

:D

It was actually in London where I saw this.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Nice.

Reminds me of an incident I had a few years ago, was going down to London Bridge tube station and a guy tapped me on the shoulder and said "Have you dropped anything?" I said no because to my knowledge I hadn't, he then asked again "are you sure you haven't dropped anything" I said I was pretty sure I hadn't. He then walked off, a bit odd but whatever. 

Anyway about a minute later I remember i had £10 in my back pocket, very unusual for me, I'd almost always keep cash in a wallet. It must have dropped out when I took my train pass from the same pocket. The nature of the exchange with the chap then became obvious, he had clearly seen it was me and was effectively asking me permission to steal it from me. 

21 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

You haven't even so much as mentioned Irn Bru?

That needs rectified :

Ha! That video has lots of dosbodian content - nightmare burds, transgenderism, mobility scooters and lots more!

Oh yeah, swearing too:

Edited by Carl Fimble
adding the text after the video, then the second video

I'd hand it in in a heartbeat.

Partly moral I suppose, I didn't earn it and I wouldn't want any fall-out should someone find out I'd appropriated it.

I once organised a trade show (Good food show) for a brewery I worked for. We were taking in good money (maybe about 3/4K a day). Each day I'd bundle up all the cash and keep it in my glovebox in the car. So we get to the end of the show and I go back to HQ and deliver all the cash and sign it off. Some 3/4 months later, I'm cleaning out my car and I grabbed a load of paperwork from the glovebox and from out the back popped out £2K! I handed it in the next day to my then line manager.

Could I have taken it? Easily. But as above, I didn't earn it and I didn't want to get the sack (even though there was no way anyone could have found out).

Now whether my line manager did the decent thing? Who knows..